Sign in to follow this  
linuxares

Reverse audio

Hi!

I got a major problem. Its bugging me far to long now and its now on my edge to never play Arma again.

95% of the time the game gives me reverse audio. It doesn't mather if I use a USB sound card or using my normal sound card. Other games works fine but as soon as Arma start, reverse audio.

It's driving me nuts and destroy the game play! I use the latest stable version and it actually been better with ACRE but now even ACRE goes reversed.

Any ideas?

How do you define reversed? Like speaking backwards or the sound on the left is on the right and vice versa?

If ACRE is doing it too, it sounds like a driver issue. TS should be separate.

May or not be relevant, but I had a similar problem with a Corsair HS1 USB headset. It would randomly swap L/R channels in-game, seemed to happen mostly when playing with TeamSpeak on. Turned out to be a driver conflict between the HS1 and a Behringer analog-USB input I had in. Had to disable the Behringer driver while playing to fix the problem. Maybe give it a shot with your other audio devices disabled in device manager (or unplugged)?

How do you define reversed? Like speaking backwards or the sound on the left is on the right and vice versa?

Correct, my right side goes to the left and the left to the right.

If ACRE is doing it too, it sounds like a driver issue. TS should be separate.

May or not be relevant, but I had a similar problem with a Corsair HS1 USB headset. It would randomly swap L/R channels in-game, seemed to happen mostly when playing with TeamSpeak on. Turned out to be a driver conflict between the HS1 and a Behringer analog-USB input I had in. Had to disable the Behringer driver while playing to fix the problem. Maybe give it a shot with your other audio devices disabled in device manager (or unplugged)?

Ah okey, I can try to disable my soundmax card since I aint using it at all. Strangely enough its just Arma that is affected, but I will try! Thanks for the tips :)

My fix lately been to disconnect the usb and plug it in again, but then I have to restart ARMA since it wont reload my sound ofcourse. Then maybe it will work. Its kind of a lottery.

I have this same exact problem. Using a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card. It really makes playing a game like this very difficult.

Anyone know of a solution?

Strange one.. it only does this in Arma? Easy but annoying solution is to swap your left/right channels in your soundcard software.. or flip your headphones around :p

I had this same problem with my headphones, and i found out that those headphones has lef/right switch wich is switched by turning the microphone. The switch is engaged when the micropone goes trough its highest possition, and you can hear a silent "click" when the switch is engaged. so if you have headphones with this kind of left/right switching, try to quickly click the switch few times until the sound is right, or if you dont use mic, just turn the mic to backwards.