Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

No, but I think the keyword is "yet" :)

I mean, obviously nVidia didn't just invent arma3.exe (although they wrote "Armed Assault III", so I don't think they inveted arma2free.exe either. I would suspect BIS have something else in store, maybe for E3, maybe for the 10th anniversary.

Quite possible. :)

The arma2free.exe profile obviously doesn't exist by accident, as the announcement of Arma3 has clearly shown.

I still believe, as I posted in another thread, that BIS is planning to release a portion of Arma2 for free, possibly the multiplayer component (Just like F.E.A.R Combat, the free multiplayer component of F.E.A.R released a few years ago).

Quite possible. :)

The arma2free.exe profile obviously doesn't exist by accident, as the announcement of Arma3 has clearly shown.

I still believe, as I posted in another thread, that BIS is planning to release a portion of Arma2 for free, possibly the multiplayer component (Just like F.E.A.R Combat, the free multiplayer component of F.E.A.R released a few years ago).

Could be an answer to BF play4free...

From yesterday... from that bloody 15:30 I was thinking how I really feel about this future things in AmrA3. Now I know... I'm quite sure that I'm realy disapointed.

We wanted physics (doesn't matter which one havok/physix) earlier before and now we get it but damn it why with all this future bullshit.

Wonderful island, customizations of gear and guns, physix and everything ruined with future toys.

ArmA was for me an extension of the weekend because usualy I spend weekend in the woods as an 'airsofter', arma give me that feel which I've got each weekend when I do some military games with my friends in local woods. Now what, should I buy a replica of lightsaber?

Fuck NO!

Hope the time, maybe E3 will bring to us some optimistics information... maybe they didn't went in to the future too far... maybe it wont be totally crap.

Let's wait... with small hope that somebody listen to us.

Am I the only one seeing absolutely no sense in all this "waagh, it's the FUTURE!" whinging? :confused:

NEWS FLASH: Arma 2 OA, BAF and PMC are set in the future.

So maybe the Arma3 campaign is set ten years in the future. Maybe the game contains a couple of futuristic units. Tell me one thing: how the fuck does that change anything? How the fuck does that break the game for you?

The underlying engine is what really matters, and so far it seems to be an awesome improvement over Arma2. As for contemporary content, the community will surely provide in short order, and they will be able to work in that awesome new engine.

I get the feeling that the announcement of Arma3 somehow killed quadrillions of brain cells all over the world.

+1 MadDogX ...

sick to death of people bitching and whining about the game, the devs arent going to change it now - they have listened to the community and have added a billion things we all wanted..

this is BIS we're talking about, not IW and i think people are failing to realise that... there is about a billion posts under the A3 section complaining about things, requesting things etc. if they actually had any idea how this community worked they would know that BIS sort the engine and make sure the game is of a good standard, then the community come along and mod it to hell, making it to a perfect standard.

all these "requests" people keep making are doing my head in already, makes me feel sorry for BIS after putting in all this hard work, even with the ARG, then people complain on the impact of the news. "BIS U NED 2 LISTN 2 US PL0X PLuZZ" "CAN U JUZT" etc etc. i've seen people on here already being ignorant claiming BIS do not listen to the community, well thats aload of crap , fact. BIS and its community are tighter than any other i've been apart of and it's ridiculous, even insulting to come out with somethin so stupid. i personally am loving what ive seen so far, i dont see titans or mechs, laser rifles or plasma grenades so as far as im concerned this game is Far from futuristic. we are already in the future, everything i've seen so far is already released on the military market, or is/has been a concept of some sort - so thats rules out the "unrealistic" debates i keep hearing. people are just blinded by current wars , wanting to live out the role of a current soldier in a current war. well BIS has already answered that with takistan, dont buy the A3 if you want that again.

you can please some people some of the time, but you cant please all of the people all of the time.

Maybe now some pepole are a bit disappointed with this future stuff on screens, but we got so litle informations right now, only 9 screens? right. I bet we all gona buy Arma 3 anyway. :)

For sure! But lets bitch and whine until we get new information. ;)

To be honest, I don't really think it's going to be "free" as in "free to play". The reasons I have for that sound stupid - but so far, everything free from BIS was called "Lite". Also, I don't really see why they would release it for free, maybe as an "appetizer" for ARMA 3, but I dunno...

Maybe I am clutching at straws, but I am still hoping for an expansion or something similar by June 22nd - maybe limited in scope, but for sure Render to Texture was "promised" as something they are planning to do, as well as "having something planned" (or similar). We'll see :)

Maybe now some pepole are a bit disappointed with this future stuff on screens, but we got so litle informations right now, only 9 screens? right. I bet we all gona buy Arma 3 anyway. :)

Hell im going to buy it for sure, ok the thing is they packing out with a new look to it but what makes BIS simmulation realistic? the setting or the game play. Im with WOLLE on that part that i was not happy to see SCARS issued to the bras US ARMY because to the date it was not exactly like id had to be, but on the other hand thats not what the game made like it is now. The game is delivered with a game play future not seen to date in any other game with a great support for a modding community! thats the game i want to continiue to see. And to be direct on that fact as long the keep the core game play like it is with additional improvements and futures that will improve the game then they will win me twice the time then they already have me now.

Hell scuba diving yihaa, finaly the navy seals will do what they are trained to do, we will only need a modder that will make such a unit if they are not in the game already!

Physix nice as long the don't put in Ragdoll like in Holywood then i will be happy, hell im with walker on that part i just don't want to see somethign shot and blowing away 5 meters back but i think i'm not willing to participate to deeply in the conversation because of to many eagerly people wants to see holywood in ArmA3! anyway i for one surtainly don't want it because it does not add anything extra then only visual.

On the ohter hand i love to see real life annimations when you get shot you will drop like in real life but im not sure if thats possible in a game.

Lets see what we have gotten now at ArmA2 nothing was exact like it is in real life the settings where or out dated and everyone was complaining about it so the modders made content to over come that. Then again they brought us OA and the settings where like damn not realistical because of the scars and such. People where complaining about it but in the end modders pharsed it out with mods like ACE2 to be exact like it had to be.

now they bring ArmA3 and everone is complaining about the fact it is to futuristic, and i have to be honnest i was scared to see drop ships and klingons but that was not the fact, so this is the least of my worries!

The tanks does exsist

The weapons do exsist

The Shopper is in the making (i believe or hell let it even not be so who gives a damn?)

and so on, already thought of it that they maybe will put in the next gen Abrams tank? hell that would be soooo sad im whyping already, NOT i mean wth are you complaing about anyway. They make a game they deliver if you don't like don't buy! plain and simple. what dragged me to this game is the realism GAME PLAY! and the abillety and support for modders and mission edditor not the content of the game it selves, its nice to have vanilla content and i like them to but i also like a lot of stuff made by the community. In the End it is the game play that does it for me!

thats my 2 cent on it, I akted like a lot of others in the beginning that the first picture was on and a lot of you should feel silly the same way because hell we supported BIS all the way trough now! But now we would drop the support because the setting will not feels right? i think thats a bit to harsh ot my likings doh, i was not happy eather first but common now wake up! you all know that will not be true! You and me will buy it like the rest of us :D by the way this is not a troll or a bashing just my opinion on my own and others dumb acting a few pages back ;) If i feel to be wrong i will not be afraid to admid it.

Kind regards

To be honest, I don't really think it's going to be "free" as in "free to play". The reasons I have for that sound stupid - but so far, everything free from BIS was called "Lite". Also, I don't really see why they would release it for free, maybe as an "appetizer" for ARMA 3, but I dunno...

Maybe I am clutching at straws, but I am still hoping for an expansion or something similar by June 22nd - maybe limited in scope, but for sure Render to Texture was "promised" as something they are planning to do, as well as "having something planned" (or similar). We'll see :)

Well, what are the other options? Some people have suggested it might be short for the name of an expansion ("Arma2: Free XYZ" or something), but to be honest I can't think of a name containing "free" that wouldn't sound corny.

And the free content they released so far was called "lite" because that's exactly what it was: watered down content provided for compatibility reasons only. It wasn't truly free content, in that sense. ;)

What rifle got that running soldier fn2000, or its a hybrid fn2000 and p90 two in one i dont know.

The new game seems very promising, however I'm a bit disapointed by the vehicles and weapons shown, much too sci-fi-like :(.

Indeed, I'm a huge fan of today's arsenal, such as M1, T80, Leclerc, Leopard 2, Mi-24, M4, G36, Famas, etc. Without these, it won't be the same. I think I'm still in the good old OFP spirit in this respect :p

Furthermore, the last two weeks made me think of some kind of 70's cold war scenario, which would have been so cool... :(

The new game seems very promising, however I'm a bit disapointed by the vehicles and weapons shown, much too sci-fi-like :(.

IT IS NOT SKY FY LIKE the fn2000 does exsist and the P90 too, also the tank does exsist, damn common get real, do you see drop ship djees do you see taisers? the setting might a little more to what we are not used to but damn don't call it sky fy, you know they are evolving to nano machines in real life? this means that they will have a computer in the future build in the helmet, its nothing that would not be sky fy it will exsist only not in active service immidiatly.

That does not mean it is sky fy, really :rolleyes: but bis might implement that future in to ArmA3, oh noes tha game is trashed now pppffttt really its about the game play! And im sure they will keep the core alive ...

Indeed, I'm a huge fan of today's arsenal, such as M1, T80, Leclerc, Leopard 2, Mi-24, M4, G36, Famas, etc. Without these, it won't be the same. I think I'm still in the good old OFP spirit in this respect :p

Furthermore, the last two weeks made me think of some kind of 70's cold war scenario, which would have been so cool... :(

to be honnest we are hanging way to long with the same equipment over and over its about time they implement more other guns and material in the game, all the other stuff we are used to will be added anyway by the community. Damn for bis it would only be a nother same content with the same stuff but a little more futers if they would do it the old way again. Give them some slack, common i mean how bored would they be if they do the same over and over, they are doing it for the last damn 10 years let them! they are entiteled to do so if you ask me ;)

Edited by KBourne

What rifle got that running soldier fn2000, or its a hybrid fn2000 and p90 two in one i dont know.

Looks to me like the FN 2000 Tactical

EDIT: And am I the only one that thinks they are going back in time, not futuristic

EG. RAH-66 1996-2004

FN 2000 is not a futuristic weapon (2001)

ect

Edited by ArmAriffic

If you read the website it says:

Customizable Soldier Load

Choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.

It is highly likely that you will be able to customise what camo you wear, helmet, and your weapon. And I am sure there will be some M4s and M16s if you really want to use them!

Sure they are entiteled to do so.

Sure this modern material isn't really sci-fi (just a manner of speaking).

I'm just a bit old-fashioned I guess :o

Edited by schroeder

Sure they are entiteled to do so.

Sure this modern material isn't really sci-fi (just a manner of speech).

I'm just a bit old-fashioned I guess :o

Believe me i'm old fashion also but a little new refreashing stuff can't hurt to my mind, it will open up a wider content and possibilities look at the scuba divers ( common i mean ) hell yeah we can finaly do a water aprouch with navy seals or speznas.

Ok they will maybe not be vanilla game content, then they will need to make those in the community. what ever it gives us something to do ;-) now they open a lot of possibilities as long they don't go the extra mile too just run and gun content.

If they ceep the core aspects of the game play then we will be fine, and don't forget we only saw a few screens it might be so like the guy's said just now that M4 AK's will be in the game and that the guns we saw is newly addition to what we where already used too. Some people like FN Herstal more then M4 Some like the FN 2000 above the scar some like the P90.

I mean you will be able to choose i guess but thats only asumption because what do we actialy really know of the game? yeah right just the basics.

kind regards

Well, what are the other options? Some people have suggested it might be short for the name of an expansion ("Arma2: Free XYZ" or something), but to be honest I can't think of a name containing "free" that wouldn't sound corny.

It's ArmAFree, it was announced yesterday. Unfortunately the news was relayed by a small child :D

One, two, free.

It's ArmAFree, it was announced yesterday. Unfortunately the news was relayed by a small child :D

One, two, free.

this, lol :z: strike +1, anyway but what is the free thing all about i mean i told already it would dispoint me more if they wont announce a last extra for A2 :( unhappy about that snif snif

Arma 3, well, I love being right, not that I was the only one obviously.

The future approach doesn't bother me at all really, I can't wait. I don't think they will take it over the top on the sci-fi side of things so I have no worries at all.

Also, it would be nice if BI gave us a debrief of the ARG. How accurate we were, whether we missed anything, whether we solved everything quicker than they expected. That would be cool.

Of course, this new game seems better in every respects, no doubt about this. I can't wait buying it.

Regarding weapons and equipement, BIS might well keep some older weapons for old-timers like me as you say :p, cross your fingers and thanks for reminding me this :).

Its a shame that it won´t have directX 11 (Or maybe it will?) It will be 2012 then BIS, everyone will use DX11. And I think the Game might run better with DX11

Regarding weapons and equipement, BIS might well keep some older weapons for old-timers like me as you say :p, cross your fingers and thanks for reminding me this :).

I would be very surprised if they didn't include some older (i.e. current) weapons in the game.

Its a shame that it won´t have directX 11 (Or maybe it will?) It will be 2012 then BIS, everyone will use DX11. And I think the Game might run better with DX11

DX10 is the minimal requirement, but it might support DX11. (Like Civ V, for example.)

No official info yet.