Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

BIS i love you all!

Its damn great to see ArmA III

and now ... timecompression on! ... ... damn dosn´t work :(

Holy cow Arma 3!!!

The screen shots look freakin' amazing.

Yeah, that is a Comanche. I remember when that got cancelled, but there was a war to fund... anyway, it will be cool to see in a game.

GREAT NEWS HERE!!

congratulations to include PhysX in the VR Engine, thats probably the best news ever in game history! (at least for me)

..and thanks its not the plastic world of OUTERRA..will never be ready for a game like arma, too much behind now.

Not really a future scenario its more experimental, very cool idea.

Please be very very carefull with the story, weak point of arma1/2.

i never thougt and wished its ARMA3... but after looking at these beautiful screenshots and feature list...

hey BIS you are KING!!:clap:

PhysX has been in the RV engine for a long time, just not in Arma. ;)

so real

Well, it's not like the Chinese and/or eastern armies have actually invaded Europe...

On another topic, though... What is with "arma2free.exe" and "arma2.com/free"? They're still out there... might there be even... more?

Also, how does the Friday 13th hack fit into the picture? What's the connection?

Also, how does the Friday 13th hack fit into the picture? What's the connection?

After Miller washes up on the island, it sounds like we'll have a resistance-style campaign. - sort or fits with the guerilla/rebel theme of the Friday 13th hack.

a..aaa...aARMA 3!!!!!!!! i think i just jizzed a little

This time i would really like to see a fully explanation where all clues are explained

http://www.arma3.com/#story Middle left side picture, I'm sure that's an M-ATV

Also how about that fucking Kahavocalishnokov monstrosity lol. Bunch of us in here a few days ago bickering and getting asspained when it was BIS putting on their trollface. Aint that a bitch.

Also I that Comanche being put in there kinda made me scratch my head, but what ever, BIS put in XM8 before as well so what ever.

fantastic news.... do we get all the answers now ? On the clues we missed ?

how awesome are those graphics?, they are way better than MW2 (not a player)

I have to say, Arma 3 has the potential for a cracking MGS mod now. Epic graphics and environments, sub launched special forces, crazy Russian helicopter things. Awesome.

man, i got up early to see the news. i woke everyone in the house to tell them. arma 3...... ww3.... PhysX....OMG CANT WAIT!!!! Although i hope that all the mods that were created for arma 2 can be used straight into arma 3

Bohemia Interactive i love you. Alot.

So wait, linking the story stuff we know now to the stuff from the hacks.

The story states that Eastern forces are pushing NATO into the ocean off Europe, this links to the map of Europe that shows "Eastern Forces" pushing into France.

The story also states that it is a taskforce of special operators as well as researchers, this links to the hack that showed the boss from PMC telling someone else to "Draft this guy" on SBS Miller (the protagonist)'s profile card addressed to someone called Novac, presumably some form of recruiter for the taskforce.

The storyline also says that Miller washes ashore all alone and will have to go from "lone prey" to military commander, this possibly links to the "Friday the 13th Hack" which listed a lot of guerilla actions/figures, which suggests that Miller rouses a rebel army to fight for control of the island a-la-gueverra.

There was also that hack about the auto-stereogram linking to the youtube videos which told us some lyrics? forgot what the lyrics were but if I can remember correctly they sounded like something to do with a revolution of some sort, breaking chains?

Then the ball hitting the wall, probably the strangest of the lot as it doesn't seem to link in any obvious way to the story, only possible link I can see is the inclusion of PhysX, but I doubt it.

the graphics and physics look cool. i only hope they release a present day mod or something. this sci-fi stuff is not what i got into arma for. i got into it because it was the only game making an effort to be as real as possible.

Then the ball hitting the wall, probably the strangest of the lot as it doesn't seem to link in any obvious way to the story, only possible link I can see is the inclusion of PhysX, but I doubt it.

Seems the obvious answer given how often it's used as a physics demonstrator.

the graphics and physics look cool. i only hope they release a present day mod or something. this sci-fi stuff is not what i got into arma for. i got into it because it was the only game making an effort to be as real as possible.

Chances are as far as futuristic goes it will only be a few things, and you know just as well as the rest that the community will be making mods or bringing stuff over, the timeline the game is set in is more or less moot because there will be modifications to cover various periods in the end anyway.

Also will anyone who thought of this ARG be coming forward to say "It was fun"?

Edited by NodUnit

this was armed by BIS for the new arma 3 As I sayd

this was armed by BIS for the new arma 3 As I sayd

Wow, how incredibly astute of you...

means Arma2free.exe the "light" version of OA that is delivered with Reinforcements?

means Arma2free.exe the "light" version of OA that is delivered with Reinforcements?

No, I believe the RFT executable is called arma2rft.exe - an arma2free.exe doesn't exist yet, AFAIK.

Wow, how incredibly astute of you...

I see what you did there :D

No, I believe the RFT executable is called arma2rft.exe - an arma2free.exe doesn't exist yet, AFAIK.

No, but I think the keyword is "yet" :)

I mean, obviously nVidia didn't just invent arma3.exe (although they wrote "Armed Assault III", so I don't think they inveted arma2free.exe either. I would suspect BIS have something else in store, maybe for E3, maybe for the 10th anniversary.