Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Haters gonna hate.

Those who act like women won't be missed anyway.

Those who act like mindless fan boys won't be missed anyway too.

You shall merge to your basement.Burn Fan Troll!

!!!Fuck YEAH!!!

thats the right way to get costumers force theme to buy a new OS that cost a few hundred bucks and a new GPU + a New bug ridden game(OFP,ARMA1,ARMA2,OA,BAF,PMC).

But yeah I forgot this time it will be different, like it was always.

Mhhhhhh I bet Microsoft and Valve and EA codmasters Bioware and Ubisoft are waiting to copy your system of costumer acquisition.

Damn somehow it feel like a returning nightmare.

You hope this time it wont happen but it always comes different.

Hedo

Sergeant

I really hope there will be some more realistic equipment and soldiers than shown.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My god some people are never pleased!!!

Read face.

If you read up on it and still got an ATI card then it's your problem.

Edited by Placebo

I'm not 100% on this, but I'm sure I read somewhere that you can have a second nVidia card just to shovel PhysX onto. No reason why you couldn't have ATI + older nVidia card just to handle PhysX

Oh but i have nvdea mate ;-) i only think it is not good enough to run arma 3 my mother board will be to low also i guess

Anyone know if that is HMS Astutes ass at the top of the diver picture?

It certainly is.

I agree with Sethos about his reasons for disliking the choice of PhysX.

Many games use Physx for unimportant things, just to add a bit of eyecandy (Arkham Asylum, you get Batman's cape moving in the breeze, Cryostasis, you get some water effects).

If elements like environmental destructibility, vehicle handling or ballistics make use of Physx, on the other-hand, half Bis' customer base are shafted, as game performance will suffer massively. Either there's a tick-box option that means we can switch off those elements of the game, or they're handled on the CPU and we lose 15 FPS whatever our system specs.

Sure, it's understandable Bis will use a tech they can recycle from another project. However, I'd like to know which elements of the game will rely on PhysX. If there are too many, I'll simply be sticking with Arma 2. Alienating half your customer base is not a sound commercial decision.

I hope I'm overreacting, and PhysX will only be used for a simple graphical effect. We'll see as more about the game is revealed.

Well put. I cringe every time I heard PhysX being used, because I envision a doomsday scenario where they apply it to core elements of the game thus alienating half the userbase. For eye candy, then it's not that big of a deal but sounds more like you'd employ the system in a military shooter for a grander purpose. ATi developed an open platform physics architecture available for both ATi and nVidia, there's even the proven system of Havok yet they still opt for the least attractive of them all, PhysX.

See, you people have no comeback, no intelligent responses, only snide remarks.

No reason why you couldn't have ATI + older nVidia card just to handle PhysX

Except that the nvidia drivers prohibit this, though there is a hack - see above post.

However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions...

I'm sure my fears will be unfounded but please don't tell me this means COD like Lone Wolf aspects of the game...

Oh but i have nvdea mate ;-) i only think it is not good enough to run arma 3 my mother board will be to low also i guess

Rightyho :)

I might treat myself to a nice new card when the time comes and use the old one for PhysX.

face.

Why did you have to do that ?? now your a bigger idiot... take a classic game such as Mass Effect... guess what !!!! It uses physx... but no one probably noticed did they ? thats because Physx just like Havok can work off the CPU... with the same performance...

Physx is scalable.. so you can calculate simple calculation just fine on your CPU... But if they choose to crunch some serious numbers they can offload it to a CUDA compatible card to speed it up....

For consumer support they will have 'basic Physx' calculated from your CPU...

Edited by Placebo

And the last AAA release to make use of PhysX was... ?

It certainly is.

I gave it a google. Any shots of her ass when she was out of the water have black tarpaulin over the propeller. Must be a secret design. TBH I hope it is one of her sister ships, Agamemnon or Ajax, their names are just better!

Why did you have to do that ?? now your a bigger idiot... take a classic game such as Mass Effect... guess what !!!! It uses physx... but no one probably noticed did they ? thats because Physx just like Havok can work off the CPU... with the same performance...

Physx is scalable.. so you can calculate simple calculation just fine on your CPU... But if they choose to crunch some serious numbers they can offload it to a CUDA compatible card to speed it up....

For consumer support they will have 'basic Physx' calculated from your CPU...

I actually work with these engines and you don't have the slightest clue on what you're talking about. PhysX is not "scalable", it has toggable features depending on the developer but it'll still shit all over my i7 with even basic features the GPU could calculate without breaking a sweat. Mafia II a great example, enable PhysX and it'll bog down an overclocked i7 until you start manually removing PhysX files from the folder to reach an optimal level.

PhysX is designed for CUDA and the GPUs heavy calculations, not CPU calculations. Mass Effect is a piss poor example because it doesn't take advantage of ANY advanced PhysX features WHATSOEVER.

Go read up on this shit.

All of your anti physX rage is based on the assumption that hardware acceleration will be enabled.

There hasnt been any confirmation that this is the case ;)

Was always planning to upgrade...now i know which GPU brand i'm getting :D

You know it's set in the future, because all the trees have died...

WHERE ARE THE TREES ?

Those who act like mindless fan boys won't be missed anyway too.

You shall merge to your basement.Burn Fan Troll!

!!!Fuck YEAH!!!

thats the right way to get costumers force theme to buy a new OS that cost a few hundred bucks and a new GPU + a New bug ridden game(OFP,ARMA1,ARMA2,OA,BAF,PMC).

But yeah I forgot this time it will be different, like it was always.

Mhhhhhh I bet Microsoft and Valve and EA codmasters Bioware and Ubisoft are waiting to copy your system of costumer acquisition.

Damn somehow it feel like a returning nightmare.

You hope this time it wont happen but it always comes different.

Nobody forces you to buy anything. You don't like the BIS franchise because it's always buggy at release. Don't buy it it's as simple as that.

kind regards

See, you people have no comeback, no intelligent responses, only snide remarks.

What you call a snide remark I call logic.

You know it's set in the future, because all the trees have died...

WHERE ARE THE TREES ?

Real Island

Where are the trees?

What you call a snide remark I call logic.

Then you aren't very intelligent.

I'm happy to see physX support to get the best atmosphere possible :yay: The only disappointment is the release date :( ...