Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

PhysX? Way to go, BI - you just lost me as a customer.

You are rediculous now, dude i know for sure a lot of community members need to upgrade hell i'm sure i need to upgrade to be able to play this game. I'm not sure how i gonna manage that but i will email my PC devoloper tonight with the question to max my pc out for this upcomming game! hell yeah if it looks like that and if we get all the stuff they did i will find a damn way to be able to play it.

My pc needs to go in for repairs anyway because my dvd writer reader does not function well anymore so an upgrade can't hurt, ill even work over time for it, i will not pass out on this one :D

kind regards

I really hope there will be some more realistic equipment and soldiers than shown.

I still don't understand - what is so unrealistic in the game for you?

woooow, arma3, omgomgomg, where is preorder button =DDD

Myke;1928170']My Vista x64 just runs fine and afaik MS doesn't give W7 out for free...

Its not that expensive, £70 in the UK for an OEM edition, £30 if you got it as a student. If you really want it for Free, its not that hard to find a way.

Also,

Survive, Adapt, Win - Far to similar to Crysis tagline BI.

Europe is in trouble, better call the Irish, we'll ride in on our horse and destroy your Mi-38 "Kavoc/Spanker" :D

It's just a bit of a moot point. While there may be some small features that you can't use without an nVidia (physx) card, you can still play the game perfectly fine without those minor details with an ATi card.

The alternate being that they'd use a different physics engine (like Havok for example) that purely uses the CPU and it'd still be the same for ATi users only nVidia users would not get a bonus.

It's kind of like saying, "I don't own a ferrari so no one in the world is allowed to drive a ferrari"

Its not that expensive, £70 in the UK for an OEM edition, £30 if you got it as a student. If you really want it for Free, its not that hard to find a way.

"not expensive" is relative, you know. And the thing you mean as "free" is not a option to me.

It's just a bit of a moot point. While there may be some small features that you can't use without an nVidia (physx) card, you can still play the game perfectly fine without those minor details with an ATi card.

The alternate being that they'd use a different physics engine (like Havok for example) that purely uses the CPU and it'd still be the same for ATi users only nVidia users would not get a bonus.

It's kind of like saying, "I don't own a ferrari so no one in the world is allowed to drive a ferrari"

+1! Good one!

I knew it from the first attack!!! its nice to have your suspicions confirmed :)

I am about to spontaneously combust with joy now....

The campaign sounds great!!!, hopefully the voice acting is even better.

Myke;1928161']Thanks' date=' seems it doesn't work with Vista (upgrading to W7 AND nVidia GPU for PhysX? Great move, BIS, really great move).[/quote']

Yeah, confirmed that it only works on WIN7 or on XP...well, there is still plenty of time until 2012.

Glory to BIS! May your foes be destroyed and your crops fertile.

And you ingame vids be online... :rolleyes:

think that's shocking, I'm on XP :cool:

Edit but i will be upgrading my entire rig within the month.

You may want to wait til years end, price drops/new tech ect.

Thanks for this mornings coffee read (though I tripled normal consumption to catch up since midnite).

A3 FTW!

Now the one problem is that I need to wait, or I could just use my GIBS3000 TimeBorer to speed up time til release... did we ever find out what that TimeBorer thing is?

That sounds extremely painful.
That sounds like a terrible idea!

You know what i meant!

Me too... The older the better' date=' atleast more stable then so-called advanced technology which still needs having the bugs being ironed out in repetitive order of new system, same old story: Bugs all over the place again and again...[/quote']

XP users unite!:yay:

edit:...also, windows 8 is rumoured...

Well done on the announcement, BIS! Here's hoping everything goes smoothly.

Havok suddenly became the only alternative to Phyx now?

There are a tonne of other physics APIs out there, bullet, dmm, etc etc.

I think its time for the developers to get ready for an interview, or live chat as there is so many question I think they have to answer...

That picture in the top right looks better than CM's pre-rendered DR trailer pahaha...

And that picture just left to it looks insanely real.. maybe that fifth picture from Saturday's hack was in-game? :D

How long before we get an ARMA 3 forum? I want to start asking 'Is it out yet?' immediately and incessantly!