Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

PhysX doesn't only work on a Nvidia GPU! It can run on the CPU / PPU / Nvidia GPU!! So stop whining! :)

You must consider the CPU processing effeciency in the game! If it is not that high, there will be a disaster for ATI card users, even if their CPUs are high-end one.

Wow, great news! I joked at the beginning to my friends that it's Arma3, and now it really is!

Looks nice, but what I really want to see is a video showing the new physics in action and how it acts on Building Destruction (if at all)! :)

Arma3.com inaccessible for me too.

;1928132']Commanche helicopter project was scrapped.

And obviously dug up from the grave during the war with China

You must consider the CPU processing effeciency in the game! If it is not that high, there will be a disaster for ATI card users, even if their CPUs are high-end one.

Wouldnt be so bad if one of your cores could do the PhysX side of things.

Gotta say I love the Israeli gear that I am seeing.

So, if I have i5, ati 4870 I'm basicly F***d? Damn it!

Get a new CPU, or a nV card, thats the only things you can do

Windmills! Our islands can finally be environmentally friendly!

That's true. BUT that's not PhysX's fault, is it? :D

I bet the comanche project wasn't scrapped, they probably used all they had learned to help make that stealth black hawk, and probably some other top secret shizzle none of us know about.

Think about it, we had no idea that the black bird existed until years after it was in use, so imagine what top secret stuff they must have in the air now that we don't know about. :)

;1928132']Commanche helicopter project was scrapped.

Ok, but the SCAR rifles in OA were also not actual (I mean: The US army did not take them). But it was absolutely ok, in my opinion!

I am astounded by the brainless comments I am seeing here... Physx is just an engine and is not required to be accelerated... Which means everyone including ATI users are going to benefit from Physx.. Degraded physX can run just fine off the CPU without much of a performance hit, which for consumer support reasons they will do... The question is are they going to allow accelerated support with extra visual features...

Try F5 key, it should be online now.

We totally agree, it should be. But it isn't... :butbut:

That's true. BUT that's not PhysX's fault, is it? :D

Thats nVidia fault

We totally agree, it should be. But it isn't... :butbut:

First Bug?

Arma3 set in the future, interesting.

Hope there is trenches

The U.S. Military utilizes Commance to counteract the actions of the infamous as described in this thread earlier "Mi-35 Super Hokus Pokus" haha.

I wonder what that Hybrid Mi28/Ka52 will be called.

from the view of a designer/typograph, the arma III logo definitely isnt pretty well made :p

annyways iam sooo happy atm!

NATO code: Spanker?

Try F5 key, it should be online now.

You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.arma3.com home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden

Internet Explorer

Cry ;)

The U.S. Military utilizes Commance to counteract the actions of the infamous as described in this thread earlier "Mi-35 Super Hokus Pokus" haha.

Kavok;)

Physx is run as standard from the CPU (Both AMD and Intel). The more dramatic Physx calculations can't be run by the CPU so they are run by Physx compatible cards (nVidia cards).

That said, a large number of Physx games don't give you those extra, nVidia only, options. But those that do are hardly game changing (as they need to allow for compatability with non-nVidia cards). So it's usually things like realistic water modelling and such, but sometimes games have physx only levels, like Unreal Tournament 3, and they show some true potential, just a pity Physx is hardware proprietry.

The website is restricted to our IPs. Sorry for that. I didn't know. :) We already alarmed Jan Nohaty.