Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Reading this thread now i havnt got a clue whats going on now ;)

But im really excited :D

Who is with me that this whole "hacking" bit is nothing more than a viral marketing campaign and that it has been very effective judging by the 656 pages and 6,552 posts?

Oh yeah btw:

http://armaenigma.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Its got a count down timer on it. XD

Well that would really have been the point, to whip up a bit of excitement before the announcement. It's still a rewarding experience from the community's point of view.

i would like to tell You that ... but then they must kill me and also everyone told :)

Well tell us then!

We wont tell a soul!! Honest guv!!!! :D

I just hope what ever BI decided to release they release it relativley soonish

I dont want to waste my summer waiting on this awesome expasnion / game / imrpoved engine or what ever it is just to find out that after i played it i have to start school again.

as to what it is

Improved Ai Or Improved Physics would be the best thing in teh world

I just hate it when they ai get stuck in buildings and dont go over bridges !

Or when im 10 Meters in the air dead but still doing an animation

But yet arma2 is still so awesome!!! BRING ON THE ANNOUNCEMENT !!!!!

I'll take a small wager on deformable terrain :)

Elaborate. :D

I just hope what ever BI decided to release they release it relativley soonish

I dont want to waste my summer waiting on this awesome expasnion / game / imrpoved engine or what ever it is just to find out that after i played it i have to start school again.

as to what it is

Improved Ai Or Improved Physics would be the best thing in teh world

I just hate it when they ai get stuck in buildings and dont go over bridges !

Or when im 10 Meters in the air dead but still doing an animation

But yet arma2 is still so awesome!!! BRING ON THE ANNOUNCEMENT !!!!!

Dude, whatever it is they announce do not expect it to be this side of christmas...

Dude, whatever it is they announce do not expect it to be this side of christmas...

Thanks for recking my life!

Sorry...:p

Lmao was just kidding with you like your probably right. Im too much of an optomist or however you spell it

Optimist**

Silly bugger!

You're probably right about after xmas. I too would like to see something before I go to Uni, but fat chance of that!

whatever it is i'll be happy with it as i'm having fun with ArmA:II CO and i'm saving up for a new rig for a possible ArmA:3 in the years to come, so I probably won't get the Announcement live but it'll be good to see it all over the forums. :D

My speculation on Arma3.com is that they only took it over because this thread made them aware of it. If they actually had A3 in the pipeline, they would've gotten it much sooner.

My speculation on Arma3.com is that they only took it over because this thread made them aware of it. If they actually had A3 in the pipeline, they would've gotten it much sooner.

Some Czech guy had it before, using it for some half assed Arma2 fansite. I don't think that was a coincidence.

If BIS had "officially" owned the domain before, people would have found out earlier and they couldn't have kept the development of A3 a secret.

Like I said last week, if I wanted to secure a domain without giving away the fact that I owned it, I would have a friend hold on to it for me and put some random crap on it. I believe that's exactly what BIS did.

Ah, disregard. My inability to read strikes again.

I'm currently in the "The Lemnos image is a shopped photo and the announcement could well just be Arma 3 and it'd be cool if we could keep the enigma wiki but it's not essential" camp.

Edited by Daniel

Most users ever online was 1,551, Mar 21 2010 at 15:36.

We WILL break this tomorrow :D

Who is with me that this whole "hacking" bit is nothing more than a viral marketing campaign and that it has been very effective judging by the 656 pages and 6,552 posts?

Oh yeah btw:

http://armaenigma.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Its got a count down timer on it. XD

No sh1t, Sherlock :yay:

Some Czech guy had it before, using it for some half assed Arma2 fansite. I don't think that was a coincidence.

If BIS had "officially" owned the domain before, people would have found out earlier and they couldn't have kept the development of A3 a secret.

Like I said last week, if I wanted to secure a domain without giving away the fact that I owned it, I would have a friend hold on to it for me and put some random crap on it. I believe that's exactly what BIS did.

I absolutely agree with you, it would be the perfect way for BIS to keep a hold of the name without people reading too much into it.

.... so anyone noticed the funny information you get if you import the 5th picture in reversed bigendian order in photoshop....

... and btw when is Arma4 due out and will it have DX7 support?

Then why not wait until after the announcement tomorrow?

how much does it take for you to setup a website?

how much does it take for you to setup a website?

Like http://www.arma3.com/ ??

quite fast...very fast... by the way am i the only one who cannot open the website anymore?

Sorry missed couple of last pages

quite fast...by the way am i the only one who cannot open the website anymore?

do you know the difference between website and domain?

and no, you are not the only only, as it is empty/restricted atm

quite fast...very fast... by the way am i the only one who cannot open the website anymore?

Sorry missed couple of last pages

Nope, I get

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

LOL -what and why are you guys continuously arguing aboot? Good news is sailing are way soon Gents - :16_6_8: