Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

The domain was previously registered by some unknown Czech guy hosting some weird mini-fansite - now suddenly, 24 hours before BIS are to make some kind of announcement that was led up to by an intricate two week long ARG, the domain holder changes to BIS and the site goes offline.

You're telling me that's a coincidence?

Nope, you're right :)

The timing is like sooo bad ;/ im close to exam and i guess if its arma 3 its not going to be a good one ;D joke 4sure ;( but how can it be arma 3 0o my pc is struggling with arma 2 if its really arma 3 i guess it will cost more than 40€ to me ._.

Hooray for upgrading the new computer you just bought even more to be able to play A3 upon it's release!! :computer:

It must be a blind alley, it can not be true! NO!!!

The timing is like sooo bad ;/ im close to exam and i guess if its arma 3 its not going to be a good one ;D joke 4sure ;( but how can it be arma 3 0o my pc is struggling with arma 2 if its really arma 3 i guess it will cost more than 40€ to me ._.

Due, as sad as it sounds most of us here (myself included) may have spent more than £1000 (some even more) just for this game.

It must be a blind alley, it can not be true! NO!!!

I told you I would be holding on to that quote of yours. :D

Btw. Arma3 doesn't necessarily have to have much higher system reqs than Arma2.

I'll stay sceptical, but if it really will be arma3, then F*ck it, I will resign as adult and be like this:

XgFLOM9xMGg

P.S. almost 24hours till the announcement

Edited by Gedis

I told you I would be holding on to that quote of yours. :D

Btw. Arma3 doesn't necessarily have to have much higher system reqs than Arma2.

Exactly. Difference between ArmA 1 and 2 wasn't too significant.

They could have just optimised the engine alot, similar to Cryengine 2 and 3.

Well then I hope that if there is an A3 that A2/OA content is usable/at par. We got so many nice things along with it why make something that new already? RAAAAGGEEE

I just hope that if its really Arma 3, that they have made expressive changes in the engine. If not i would rather have another expansion.

Best regards

Due, as sad as it sounds most of us here (myself included) may have spent more than £1000 (some even more) just for this game.

£1000 ? lol ;c i got my parts for like 300€ and can play the game well on 30fps ~ sometimes it goes down to 20 but thats ok i dont like 1000ki battles anyways

Kudos to all the guys here getting the puzzle more and more complete

Omfg, if this is real:D

I just made my system perfect for running Arma2 maxed out with the Evga570Gtx and i really hope the performance will not be like Arma2 in the beginning...!

They could have just optimised the engine alot, similar to Cryengine 2 and 3.

Or just rewritten major parts. While improved over time, it's at its core still just an outdated codebase from OFP times. If you ask me, using more modern programming techniques, they can gain quiet a advantage out of a newer engine and give us the same or minimally higher hardware requirements as now, and more features (like the speculated physics).

Then again, I'm not sure how portable the "details" (like ballistic system) would be for such a rewrite, which probably could kill the whole idea (why would you throw 10+ years of work away?)

So we can speculate in both directions.

I loving the speculation and all the closet armchair programmers out there. Speculate all you want but in less than 24 hours (hopefully) we should have an answer.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

I was actually hoping that this thread was going to beat the record which is (I believe) the photo thread for Arma 1 which has ~ 1.6 million views at the moment.

Hey, it might happen!

Edited by dale0404

Am starting to think there will be a two pronged approach - an announcement on Arma3 based around other technologies such as Outerra, with timescales set in the next 2-3 years, with all the sexy eye candy moving up a level, more support for multiprocessors/multithreading.

The second piece will be a significant expansion with a campaign along the lines of OA, but based on the ARG clues and SF/Submarine/Greek Island, and associated DLC supporting resistance to an Eastern invasion of Europe. (I think it will likely be a static sub, and no large naval battle type capabilities due to the scale of engine changes needed). This will keep Arma fans happy for the next year or two, in which time Arma3 matures.

That would fit the profile, or do I watch too much US crime drama ?

cj

you watch too much US drama, and outerra is included in that

Maybe BIS just decided to buy out the domain owner to keep raising our hopes up and this reveal is just going to be Jezuro troll facing us again? :icon_rolleyes:

trollface-emoticon-4.gif

-Rumors have been increasing that BI is getting "burned out" on the ArmA series and that OA could be the last ArmA product we see for a very long time. Is there any truth to this?

It is correct that BI is not planing to work exclusively on military simulations, but it is not true that BI is planning to move away from this genre.

I'll bring just bring this up.

All roads definitely seem to lead to Arma 3, if they want to increase their customer base, they will certainly have to use a better engine for the new release, whenever it is scheduled to come out.

Having such a loyal fan base as us and having most of us (well not me) running the game at 25-30 FPS is just poor... the game has such potential if it only ran smoother.

I'm almost too excited now. That domain owner change blew my mind right out of the water.

This....can't.....be......happening......but.....if......it..is.......it's.......effing.......... EPIC!

:D

Edited by ]NTRUDER

I can only hope that the engine will include far more optimizations for current hardware and less eye-candy visuals that can only be rendered using high-end corporate workstations.

The current graphics are fine. Just optimizations and more efficient rendering techniques please. :)

Oh, and if you can get your audio up to DICE's level, that would be fantastic aswell :)

There, ArmA 3 myth killed, I hope.. This was the same trademark website 'Take On Helicopters' was added to weeks before the actual announcement. Expansion names isn't displayed as it goes under the original trademark name(s). Meaning, it's most likely an expansion. Maybe along the line of engine updates as Operation Arrowhead was to ArmA II, but not a whole new IP.

Still, an expansion seems pretty good to me.

i don't understand why most people are talking about whatever BIS is developing right now purely from a GFX pov

1. I prefer features over GFX improvements (plus i believe that RV3 is enough to fullfil my eye candy needs) - note that BIS is ussually thinking along the same lines.

2. note that DX is one of the principle reasons games cannot take full advantage of the exceding power todays average gaming rig has. If you don't believe me, take a look over a proper 64bit app, such as most of the 3d modelling software, who can use the entire RAM available, CPU cores (virtual or not) as well as GFX cards together with the CPU, taking advantage of the full capability stored in todays video cards.

Don't forget arma2free. com and arma2.com/free. I still think there is an expansion coming first, before ARMA 3.

I hope that an expansion comes first. There is still potential in ARMA 2, content that is still being done, and certianly ARMA 2 hasn't reached its final days yet. A new expansion could bridge the time to ARMA 3 just fine :)