Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Well i think the chance is 99.99% Sure it will be ArmA2 related! I am in no doubt about that, it is already claimed by a dev on a other topic that they had yet un announced contend in the making for ArmA2 together with 2 new projects TOH and CC ;)

Indeed. I believe you are referring to this:

The announcement of Take On obviously doesn't mean that support for arma 2 will be dropped. With a new patch soonâ„¢ to be released, the imminent arrival of A2:Reinforcements, and some as-yet-unannounced plans in the pipeline, we'll be chained to our bug-fixing desks for some time to come.

That statement does appear to confirm that this new development is directly related to Arma2, although the phrase "some unannounced plans in the pipeline" is somewhat ambiguous and could be interpreted differently.

well whatever happens I have my emergency BIS money right next to my computer ready for deployment just in case

Well i think the chance is 99.99% Sure it will be ArmA2 related! I am in no doubt about that, it is already claimed by a dev on a other topic that they had yet un announced contend in the making for ArmA2 together with 2 new projects TOH and CC ;)

Also, the hacks and everything surrounding it where all ARMA-related (website, hints to original campaign, screenshots of ARMA). For ToH, this was definitely not the case.

My major "worry" is the scope of it. It seems too elaborate and too long for an expansion, or even for a new game (ToH was, like, four days or so).

I still think it's going to be an Expansion this year, and the announcement of ARMA 3 somewhere next year (at least I hope so :))

The upcoming project could be featuring a highly detailed map created in cooperation with the TerraTools® 4.0 by TerraSim Inc.

• BIS was already working on advanced terrain editing ( PMC map "
Proving Grounds"
BIS worked with TerraSim on VBS2
Also, in partnership with TerraSim, we will be showcasing the Osama bin Laden compound in Abbottabad highlighting our rapid development capabilities.
Possible cooperation with TerraSim to accomplish a detailed map of Lemnos, which would be bigger than every other map for Arma 2 created by BIS
The date we found here "19.05.2011" is the last day of the SOFIC 2011, which is taking place May 17-19
advantages of TerraTools and general intel can be found here

this is also very interesting new feature:

VB-Edit (Real Time Map Editor)

well whatever happens I have my emergency BIS money right next to my computer ready for deployment just in case

You're lucky you can pay cash. Some of us are basically forced to buy digital versions, because certain craptacular German distributors refuse to allow english localisation.

But I'm okay with Sprocket. :)

Anyway, fingers crossed that they're announcing both an Arma2 expansion pack for later this year and a full sequel for 2012 at the earliest. Also, I want to know what this Arma2Free thing is.

Edited by MadDogX

The upcoming project could be featuring a highly detailed map created in cooperation with the TerraTools® 4.0 by TerraSim Inc.

• BIS was already working on advanced terrain editing ( PMC map "Proving Grounds"
  • BIS worked with TerraSim on VBS2
  • Possible cooperation with TerraSim to accomplish a detailed map of Lemnos, which would be bigger than every other map for Arma 2 created by BIS
  • The date we found here "19.05.2011" is the last day of the SOFIC 2011, which is taking place May 17-19
    advantages of TerraTools and general intel can be found here

this is also very interesting new feature:

Quite interesting information considering "The world will change" and all this talk of Islands and Land Mass and Big Scales etc etc ... hmmm :cool:

Hmmm something in the line of Empire total war naval battles? :p why not? lets say if they implement something like that in ArmA2 with modern warfare ships.

Playable units:

Cruisers - battle ships - Flight carriers - LHD's would make the package pretty much more variated no?

Edit: oh oh wait don't forget the subs!! :p

kind regards

Did you ever play Act of War: High Treason? The Naval battles in that were epic. The modern warships could have long range missile battles made even more awesome by the fact that they had an array of counter measures to intercept missiles. Something like that in ArmA would be amazing. I always liked the ships that Flashpoint in the Falklands team made for OFP.

Think I am going to have to have a look at those Australian ships that have operational armaments someone mentioned.

Just FYI a member of Tier1ops.eu was at the talk yesterday. No extra info about the "hack" was revealed. :)

Just FYI a member of Tier1ops.eu was at the talk yesterday. No extra info about the "hack" was revealed. :)

even so, can he write down an resume?

Thanks for sharing banshee. Damn, I wish they would give us something more.. Just a tiny bit of intel to satisfy us. At least until tomorrow at 0600 CET :D

even so, can he write down an resume?

He's still in Prague and very busy, so I'd say no. :)

Indeed. I believe you are referring to this:

That statement does appear to confirm that this new development is directly related to Arma2, although the phrase "some unannounced plans in the pipeline" is somewhat ambiguous and could be interpreted differently.

Correct i was refering to that statement, but you might be right that i interpreted differently then it was originaly meant by the author, nothing is sure at this point i guess.

Also, the hacks and everything surrounding it where all ARMA-related (website, hints to original campaign, screenshots of ARMA). For ToH, this was definitely not the case.

My major "worry" is the scope of it. It seems too elaborate and too long for an expansion, or even for a new game (ToH was, like, four days or so).

I still think it's going to be an Expansion this year, and the announcement of ARMA 3 somewhere next year (at least I hope so :))

Well i think deffenetly that something will be out for ArmA2 whether it is a DLC or expantion or even a engine upgrade i will leave that descuttion in the middle for now ;-)

Maybe ArmA3 who knows but at this point its highly speculative i guess.

Did you ever play Act of War: High Treason? The Naval battles in that were epic. The modern warships could have long range missile battles made even more awesome by the fact that they had an array of counter measures to intercept missiles. Something like that in ArmA would be amazing. I always liked the ships that Flashpoint in the Falklands team made for OFP.

Think I am going to have to have a look at those Australian ships that have operational armaments someone mentioned.

Yeah i know that game although i did not stick for some reason, its more a RTS game but i got bored of it although like you said if it was more implemented like ArmA2 it would be awsome to have sea battles in that line. Maybe we will have it in the future but im not sure if it is entirly possible with the water structure engine of ArmA2 now.

But i'm not entiteled to say something engine related im not a pro about that part its just again speculating from my part, i'm already happy with the stuff i know now and i try to figure out some stuff for modding but i have a loooong way to go on that part :D

kind regards

So, what did I miss? I noticed that there's gonna be a Bis annoucnment and next hack in 13 hrs. Does that mean that we failed to find out? I really hope it's not another dlc, better be a new expansion or a3 :D

Did this thread grind to a halt all of a sudden? No new posts for 1 hour, must be a record :)

I had great fun reading about various leads and the intricate puzzle solving. Gave meaning to my workday :rolleyes:

Hope it fires back up again as we get closer to next hack/clue/intel (of course it will).

*edit*

It's alive again yay! :)

Edited by ]NTRUDER
katana carriers

suspected: the attacks are in connection with an upcoming announcement of a kind on Thursday 15:30, 19 May, 2011 CEST.

bingo to whom pinned it several pages back.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

good job, guys!

you all solved it!

last clue remains, dig up any info about that Miss KoÄka HlaváÄová, she should be clever and beautifull ;)

EDIT

@Flattermann,

read the last word of my post :P

EDIT#2

lol, this ARG tought me to predict right, read the end of my post (not that i know cz language, but i am right(for once))

Edited by Gedis

lol KoÄka is not a real name, it means Cat and and is a common Czech expression for a hot girl

Edited by Flattermann

KoÄka HlaváÄová

KoÄka Means Cat (as in pussycat)

Hlavá means head, leader

mmmmm

HlaváÄová means daughter of leader?

hmm the name "HlaváÄ" - and its female version "HlaváÄová" is widespread throughout the Czech and Slovak Republics...

yeah well is this the confirmation of an annoucement in relation to the Engine Upgrade/New Island/DLC/ArmA3/Expansion Pack. I'm in work unfortunately so i can't follow the topic properly till i get home, ugh.

Anyway in my mind it seems to be a confirmation of sorts of an annoucement, maybe this girl is something to do with the hack, the daughter of a rebel leader.

+1 BI, screw you Valve and Activision :D

Marketa :D and 'hlaváÄ' is afaik an expression for a stubborn person and / or for 'big boss' :D

Lolz... my suggestion for binaries to end up as 2011 turned out to be correct?

And I was just kidding around with you all, since the ARG seemed to come to a halt in here :D

Now that is funny!

I'm surprised it wasn't Ivana Nibblertitsoff!

Oh you..