Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Well...

We've got a map of Europe. Why should Bohemia limit themselves to one country? Imagine three Zargabad+ sized maps that deal with three different places. Though not done in a major BIS release before, that hardly seems like an impossible solution. If we are truly dealing with a world war like scenario the game DOESN'T necessarily have to cover every nitty little gunfight that happens everywhere.

-k

Things that make me wonder:

-questions are not numbered, so that could mean they need to be ordered somehow

-the number of possible answers seems odd because it looks so arbitrary chosen but maybe it has a reason

-answers start with 0 not 1

42 hours between each hack / 2 = 21
21 x 2 = 42
Been said a few pages back :P
Things that make me wonder:

-questions are not numbered, so that could mean they need to be ordered somehow

-the number of possible answers seems odd because it looks so arbitrary chosen but maybe it has a reason

-answers start with 0 not 1

Binary codes/numbers can start with a 0 because you usually need to fill up the byte, you don't usually send single bits e.g. if you wanna send a signal like decimal 5, you would send it as 0101, not 101 :rolleyes: this probably doesn't have much significance though, it just confuzles me even moar :yay:

Why so aggressive i just said what i think. :)
TBH I kinda agree with MadDog. What relevance does that have? About as useful as 1+2=3. I'll say again that it doesn't help when people are actively trying to solve the latest hack when people are just spewing out random sh*t, it would help more if comments like the one you posted weren't all over this thread.

Funny, if you only look at answers with yes/no and translate from bin to dec it ends up being 2011 (11111011011b)...

And if you take the remaining answers, they end up being 1305120030 which leads nowhere ... :D

Damn nobady had found a cypher for that senary combo :-(

I was searching and searching but nothing -.-

111 301 511 120 010 101 310 this giving us a name or a date or a IP or AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA muss kill every one musssss killllll

mybe even if we do 111 301 511 120 010 101 310:21 or 42 we get somthing new.

21 the number of q askt and 42 dont know magical number solwing evry thing.

Smells like a dead end.

I stated this before but I thought it was mentioning again.

15 4 17 7 11

Those are the numbers from the last question (without the answer). Maybe those numbers were chosen for a reason.

Funny, if you only look at answers with yes/no and translate from bin to dec it ends up being 2011 (11111011011b)...

And if you take the remaining answers, they end up being 1305120030 which leads nowhere ... :D

Niice!

That gave me an idea, you can group the questions by the number of answers and use the respective system to get a decimal number. Here are my solutions:

*11 binary questions:

11111011011 = 2011d

*3 trenary questions:

012 = 5d

*3 quarternary questions:

103 = 19d

*2 quinary questions:

30 = 15d

*2 senary questions:

50 = 30d

Can't really make sense of it though :confused:

Edited by T_D

If BIS confounded the community by giving them an RL photo with photoshopped and barely discernible elements... WTF are they doing giving us numbers. It's like they get some perverted sense of joy from watching the reaction. =)

Niice!

That gave me an idea, you can group the questions by the number of answers and use the respective system to get a decimal number. Here are my solutions:

*11 binary questions:

11111011011 = 2011d

*3 trenary questions:

012 = 3d

103 = 19d

*2 quinary questions:

30 = 15d

*2 senary questions:

50 = 30d

Can't really make sense of it though :confused:

Let's hope 11111011011b is not only a coincidence, and so work on it.

Are you sure the numbers are correct?

Shouldn't it be:

*3 ternary questions:

010 = 3d

Or the other way around, lol, the correct one as pointed by yourself :)

*3 ternary questions:

012 = 5d

Edited by [GR]Operative

1. there is a clue the so call quiz is about an actual date

2. there is a clue the result of the answer is in senary

3. there is a clue about the actual layout of the question being important:

a. the question with Y/N answers seem to be intercalated with the multi option ones (2 exceptions present)

b. the number of available answers pick_one_Q varies form 3 to 6

i see no relation atm, but maybe someone else has a click...

are all the answers verified as true? Or did everyone took the first ones as they were? - not sure if that would make a difference at this point

Edited by PuFu

Ah made a small error. Fixed it. Date should be 19.5.2011 at 15:30

Sounds good to me ^^ could of been tomorrow though :cool:

Today is May 16th :)

I did find 15:30 somehow, but just ignored it, after the 2011 in binary form.

Thanks for (probably, much probably) solving it! Someone should upload it to the wiki.

Can you show to full working out T_D ?

You need to group the questions according to the number of possible answers.

There are 11 questions which have 2 possible answers (yes/no). There solutions grouped gives you 11111011011 which is a binary number. This converted to decimal gives 2011.

If you group the questions with 3 possible answers you get a trenary number which needs to be converted to decimal too.

Then questions with 4 possible answers have to be grouped resulting in a quaternary number which need to be converted.

I hope you get the idea now :)

Nice work. It would fit in with the reveal of Take On Helicopter, IIRC that was also a Thursday afternoon...

We already had one of them I think:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1925511&postcount=6226

Not much I could make of it...

You're right, whether or not amadman114 is a spy or not (a can of worms that we best not open) he has a point. The lines of the map he linked http://gozonews.com/6257/malta-signs...d-declaration/ do resemble the lines on the map from the first clue.

And I'm still sure there's more to be made of that, perhaps, with it being the first clue that required an epic journey to reach, it may be BIS intended it to become clearer as more clues are released.

Niice!

*11 binary questions:

11111011011 = 2011d

*3 trenary questions:

012 = 5d

103 = 19d

*2 quinary questions:

30 = 15d

*2 senary questions:

50 = 30d

For those that did not understand T_D way of thinking.

2011, May 19th, 15:30

Have to say, would be a wee bit dissapoint to just announce the news on that date after all these puzzles -aren't puzzles mean to be solved?

Would be more exciting if an actual solved puzzle revealed the news -I was kinda hoping one of the beta's would have a secret mission or the like which would contain a reveal :o