Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

So I will paste the questions and answers in a Xcel sheet ...

So I will paste the questions and answers in a Xcel sheet ...

The numbers on the wiki are right (if MadDogX's answers are correct).

21 questions, 21 days till e3, if I'm not mistaken?

Some of the possibly related facts regarding no. 42..

42 hours exactly between attacks remember...

From Wikipedia

It is a Catalan number. Consequently; 42 is the number of noncrossing partitions of a set of five elements, the number of triangulations of a heptagon, the number of rooted ordered binary trees with six leaves, the number of ways in which five pairs of nested parentheses can be arranged, etc.

Given 27 same-size cubes whose nominal values progress from 1 to 27, a 3×3×3 magic cube can be constructed such that every row, column, and corridor, and every diagonal passing through the center, comprises 3 cubes whose sum of values is 42.

In the military IRIG 106 Chapter 10 data recording standard, the hex value 0x464F52545974776F (ASCII "FORTYtwo") is used as a magic number to identify directory blocks.

The GNU C Library, a set of standard routines available for use in computer programming, contains a function—memfrob()—which performs an XOR combination of a given variable and the binary pattern 00101010 (42) as an XOR cipher.

42 is an episode of Doctor Who, set in real time lasting approximately 42 minutes.

+42 is the historic Country calling code for the former country of Czechoslovakia

Using the encoding A=1, B=2, C=3, etc, the sum of the codes of the letters in the words "BIG BANG" is 42.

Like I said, this might be inconsequential nonsense but I thought I'd post incase anybody picks up some sorta clue from it

21 questions, 21 days till e3, if I'm not mistaken?

21 hour campaign, 21 hours till BI release info about Ivan Buchta's talk at CIANT Lab, 21 hours = 42/2 therefore BIS will release 2 expansion packs, 21 days in three weeks therefore there will be three new factions, three new weapons and three new vehicles...

come on guys, a little more focused on the task in hand please?

It's really easy to spew out this random bs but it's not helping anyone else.

I know there's not much that you can work out from the numbers we have as of yet but no need for all these random assumptions :j:

---[Edit]---

Also Hoot1988 quit your spamming please

http://www.aan-online.com/en/p8h8-attack/35-current-status-on-the-hacker-situation.html

"We have no idea whether to send back the right answers or wait for some explanation."

Email the answers to someone at BI?

Maybe we should try to PM or email the answers to the "Devs" from Wednesdays attack?

http://armaenigma.com/index.php?title=Wednesday,_May_11th_2011,_06:00_CEST#BIF_-_4_new_users

I just tried but don't think it sent. Maybe my browser is being dodgey.

Its worth a shot if we are stuck. The AAN article does say they are not sure if they are to email the answers back. Could be a hint. Could be a dead end. Only way to know is try it really.
Maybe we need to email the answers to the developers. As the AAN news site hints?

I think we get the fucking point...

Edited by SASrecon

The questions all relate to OFP/Arma universe places - are all the weapons/places and dates valid in the game, ie is there an extra as a clue ? I am thinking there was an OFP mod for the Falklands, so I wonder if the other weapon questions are also current or past mods, and where the Nogova 1982 crisi is accurate (can't remember offhand) or would have been 1985 ?

cj

Has anybody worked out what XOR gate on the side of the APC was all about?

XOR logic is mentioned on the Wikipedia page for the number 42.

XOR logic is mentioned on the Wikipedia page for the number 42.

Yes it was the technique used to obtain the picture from the four other pictures on Saturday's hack

( http://armaenigma.com/index.php?title=Saturday,_May_14th_2011,_18:00_CEST )

How's about you use the all-so-useful search function?

---[Edit]---

FYI It was the first post when I searched... http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=1795721

Edited by SASrecon

The absolute excellent end result, a real photo is found by Kamran, most likely by utilizing the XOR logic gate functions.

source: http://armaenigma.com/index.php?title=Saturday,_May_14th_2011,_18:00_CEST

Guys come on... even if you don't want to read through 50 pages of posts, a look in the wiki is the easiest way to found answers regarding latest hacks.

The questions all relate to OFP/Arma universe places - are all the weapons/places and dates valid in the game, ie is there an extra as a clue ? I am thinking there was an OFP mod for the Falklands, so I wonder if the other weapon questions are also current or past mods, and where the Nogova 1982 crisi is accurate (can't remember offhand) or would have been 1985 ?

cj

Yeah, already mentioned this.

Most of them were made in some mod, but I don't remember a railgun or AN-94 Abakan anywhere. It doesn't make much sense to me to ask about some random mod content anyway and it doesn't seem to have any connection to the previous hacks either.

And the 1982 is accurate.

Edited by Hedo

Got a reply to my PM:

No comment

Looks like this is a no go, just as I suspected. ;)

We need to find out how to turn the numbers into a date.

if you add them together in the 3 sets of 7 you get 14/6/6

which could be june 14th 2006 or june 6th 2014

Neither of which makes any sense in this context.

Got a reply to my PM:

Looks like this is a no go, just as I suspected. ;)

We need to find out how to turn the numbers into a date.

Worth a shot. At least we now know its all about the numbers.

Isnt that 12/6/6 ? Could be 6 June 2012 in that case.

cj

does the first set of numbers when combined not equal too 12 1+1+1+3+0+1+5=12

that would mean it it would be 12/6/6 not 14/6/6. 2012 sounds like a plausible release date for an expansion

Edit: Just before me CJ

Isnt that 12/6/6 ? Could be 6 June 2012 in that case.

I think it is safe to say that "shedding some light" on this is going to be much earlier. I would think that the date we're looking for is not too far into the future.

At least I frigging hope so :)

that would mean it it would be 12/6/6 not 14/6/6. 2012 sounds like a plausible release date for an expansion

Maybe yeah, but on aan news you can read that the date is supposed to the date where we would get answers. So 2012 is still out of context.

...so we convinced the developers to at least hint when they will shed some light onto the matter.
source: aan

*edit: too late ;)