Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Post all questions and answers on one post so we can have a "community control" over the answer ... and so called figures

You missed:

- Merkava Mk IV is the main battle tank of:

in that case

Yeah, edited.

Still, it's strange. Doesn't even fit the Iran/China/Greece clues we got.

All questions + answers.

Are 'binary' one and zero interpreted as yes and no?

1: Yes

Merkava Mk IV is the main battle tank of:

1: Israel

Has Bohemia Interactive developed any adventure games?

What is the name of the U.S. soldier who became famous thanks to his blog written during the Sahrani conflict in 2006?

3: William Porter

What is the capital of South Sahrani?

0: Paraiso

Was the Mk14 EBR deployed in the Iraq War?

Who was the commander of Takistani Army Central District during Operation Arrowhead?

5: Col. Aziz

Did the USA intervene (officially or otherwise) in the Nogovo crisis of 1982?

Which one of these islands is NOT a part of the Malden islands?

1: Nogova

Was the AN-94 Abakan assault rifle meant to replace the AK series in the Russian armed forces?

Bohemia Interactive has developed a battlefield simulation system VBS. What does VBS stand for?

2: Virtual Battlespace

Did all members of Force Recon team Razor survive Operation Harvest Red?

0: No

The first phase of Operation Harvest Red was the elimination of the enemy communications center. Where was it located?

0: Pusta

Is Kolgujev a part of the Malden islands?

Which sea washes the shore of South Zagoria?

0: Green sea

Are there different barrel lengths available for the CheyTac Intervention sniper rifle?

Did Razor team capture Radovan Spukayev during Operation Harvest Red?

0: No

Are Bohemia Interactive's Marek Spanel and Ondrej Spanel related?

Which countries fought in the Falklands War?

3: United Kingdom, Argentina

Railgun is a popular video game weapon. Is it being developed in the real world as well?

'Senary numeral system' means numbers from zero to:

0: 5

Edited by MadDogX

And here was me about say that maybe BIS could learn from the earlier hacks for next time and make the hacks harder so they're not solved within the first hour. Lo and behold here we are. I have nothing so far.

Could it be something to do with the number of questions asked? 21 questions, 21 being important in various aspects of human history, theology and maths?

Thus far nothing stands out to me, but I'm not big with my math brain unfortunately.

E

Actually few more questions than when i first read them :/

I'm starting to wonder if this 'game' will go on until E3 :/

I know many of us are hoping for some sort of announcement at this evening's presentation in Prague. But if BIS was to release info today about what we have been trying to figure out for the last 2 weeks, then it seems as though we have lost the game. That is, if we still haven't solved the clues by 1900 hours CET today... Despite huge amounts of effort from this community as a whole and from a handful of users in particular (you know who you are).

Otherwise it would be nice of BIS to throw us an "extra" bone right about now, to give us a chance to win before tonight..

But if the 'finish line' was E3 all along then nevermind. In that case I guess we have to wait some more... (I hate waiting btw :rolleyes: )

Could it be something to do with the number of questions asked? 21 questions, 21 being important in various aspects of human history, theology and maths?

Thus far nothing stands out to me, but I'm not big with my math brain unfortunately.

E

That is a good observation. seeker.exe returned 21 finds. There are now 21 questions

coincidence? i wonder

42 hours between each hack / 2 = 21

how abot to change the answers in to Senary numeral system?

Wow, seriously? I don't think anyone thought of that...

Sorry if this was already asked:

So is it true that there no hack today, only the AAN article with BI's quiz?

Or is everyone so concentrated on the questions that the hack could not have been discovered yet?

Sorry if this was already asked:

So is it true that there no hack today, only the AAN article with BI's quiz?

Or is everyone so concentrated on the questions that the hack could not have been discovered yet?

I would say the latter. I only just realized that this wasn't actually a hack. :o

Though it is most likely intended to be.

I would say the latter. I only just realized that this wasn't actually a hack. :o

Though it is most likely intended to be.

it could be that BIS is slowly leaving the 'hack' thing and officially passes to an release ARG?

Edited by UnuldorCZ

Maybe we should try to PM or email the answers to the "Devs" from Wednesdays attack?

Well, I don't think it's the way we're getting an answer, but I just PM'ed my answers to Dwarden, Ohara, Sith, Jezuro and Gaia. :)

Let's see if I get a response.

Edited by MadDogX

Well, I don't think it's the way we're getting an answer, but I just PM'ed my answers to Dwarden, Ohara, Sith, Jezuro and Gaia. :)

Let's see if I get an response.

Its worth a shot if we are stuck. The AAN article does say they are not sure if they are to email the answers back. Could be a hint. Could be a dead end. Only way to know is try it really.

It is the meaning of life apparently and has a whole host of other interesting qualities.

You know that this is taken from a rather cynical set of science fiction books called the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy ?

So according of last answers "conversion" - if I don't went wrong in writing them from paper- the figures are :

1113 0151 1120 0101 310

Wondering if the "5" ... or 500 is having a role in this ?

So according of last answers "conversion" - if I don't went wrong in writing them from paper- the figures are :

1113 0151 1120 0101 310

Wondering if the "5" ... or 500 is having a role in this ?

You've got only 19 numbers and there are 21 questions.

Figures are:

111 301 511 120 010 101 310 ! As posted several times before. Don't confuse everyone by not c&p the right things :(

Take a look in the wiki if you need to check things