Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Too much detail down low.

So much I still question whether it realy is an ingame shot.

Also interested in how they may have got the long range shadow draw. ie around the buildings. ArmAs current shadow drawing range is way short, and it's AO handling from object to object is so bad I wouldn't dare turn it on.

AFAIK all the evidece showing the image to be untampered only reduces the possibility that its been PS'd (ableit by a significant margin).

I don't understand how you guys can even think that that is an ingame shot? It looks perfectly real with the exception of a few things that can be explained by photoshop and compression. If i'm wrong I'll be happy but to me it looks real.

I vote we stop discussing the whole Ingame/Real and Havoc/Kamov thing. We might get new information tomorrow and neither side can be sure until someone confirms one or the other anyway.

If I'm not mistaken, next hack will be today at around 12:00 CET (midday)

Even if it's wonderful to try to decript what BIS developers are preparing for us, I agree that the little snippets they are giving us are not big enough to satisfy my "facts hunger".

I hope something "more substantial" will be revealed soon

Regardless of that, I intend to continue following this thread

yup. it's down. Btw, anyone attending the talk by Ivan in Czech? Can someone video it like last time when they gave talk bout OA?

yup. it's down. Btw, anyone attending the talk by Ivan in Czech? Can someone video it like last time when they gave talk bout OA?

Unuldor! Get your gear ready! :D

Then we can promote him from Forum Hero to Forum Legend. :)

Especially if we get photos of him putting the BIS team in a headlock to get the info out of them, we can all chip in to get him bailed out later.

Then we can promote him from Forum Hero to Forum Legend. :)

Especially if we get photos of him putting the BIS team in a headlock to get the info out of them, we can all chip in to get him bailed out later.

hahaha, I just had this mental image of a cell phone video uploaded to YouTube, showing a crazed czech guy with a BI developer in a headlock shouting "GIVE US INFORMATION! GIVE US INFORMATION!"

:D

Ah well, I'm just hoping for some real infos today. Anything!

Does he need a shovel again, might need to take some hostages for answers :D

hahaha, I just had this mental image of a cell phone video uploaded to YouTube, showing a crazed czech guy with a BI developer in a headlock shouting "GIVE US INFORMATION! GIVE US INFORMATION!"

:D

Ah well, I'm just hoping for some real infos today. Anything!

I would like to be there and do some torture :D but i have to be @work :(

Does he need a shovel again, might need to take some hostages for answers :D

And get that thing sharpened as well. You never know if he needs to hack and slash his way out of there, of course carrying the INTEL with him :D

*edit*

aah too bad Unuldor...but I guess you contributed enough already =)

*edit 2*

what are they doing with http://www.aan-online.com .... hmm

Edited by ]NTRUDER
:(

Cough...sickie...cough...

Dammit! :)

We need that developer scum to finally tell us where their f*cking rebel base is.

AAN is down! I think the P8H8 is DDOSing it!

I'll put some more fuel to the fire and say the shape you lads have previously identified to be some Tunguska variant to me looks very much like a Flakpanzer Gepard. Turret size vs hull size, position and size of the radar dish, etc...

I think we should consider the possibility of PLA appearance.

Could this be a chinese Helicopter? Maybe a helicopter that is still experimental today but might go into service in a few years? Could this be a Chinese AA Tank?

I think we can agree on the fact that it is either from russian origin, or some other eastern country.

Which one might it be?

Does Iran have anything similiar to this?

I've been trying to figure out whether it's more likely that we're looking at an announcement for an expansion pack or an Arma2 sequel at the end of this ARG. There is no hard evidence either way, since we have seen neither screenshots nor videos and don't have any definitive info on features yet, so once again there is only speculation.

As a means of comparison, I checked back on the old Ion-Inc. thread from last year. The discussion began on October 2nd 2010, the first in-game footage was released 10 days later on October 12th, and the actual announcement of the PMC DLC came on October 14th. So the whole treasure hunt lasted 12 days and was based around the Ion-Inc. website, where a small number of username/password combos led to some minimal information on characters in the DLC. In this case there were also no screenshots or hard evidence. At least not until the AA12/Matilda video released 2 days before the announcement.

Compare that to the current ARG. Today at noon (CEST), it will be exactly 14 days since the whole thing began. To date, there have been eight "hacks", each of a different nature, each containing some hidden info.

It is definitely more complex and sophisticated than the lead-up to the PMC announcement, and does contain a few more hints as to possible features, but it's not hugely different. So far, I think it could still be an expansion, but if it goes on for much longer and there is no announcement today or any time this week, then we can probably expect BIS to drop the bomb at E3. In that case, I'm 99% sure it will be a whole new game.

Edited by MadDogX

BIS is up to something fishy :annoy:

I'll put some more fuel to the fire and say the shape you lads have previously identified to be some Tunguska variant to me looks very much like a Flakpanzer Gepard. Turret size vs hull size, position and size of the radar dish, etc...

Okay, enough of the debating. Here is what that "thing" really is.

0.jpg

Now, back to the actual clues :icon_rolleyes:

Edit:

If it is an expansion, i hope it isn't standalone. Lets not split the community into three more parts.