Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Jeeeze, you guys are still arguing about what kind of f***ing helicopter it is??? I highly doubt it is of any importance. As I said before, if it was of any importance and for us to advance through this ARG, it would probably be closer. The picture is probably about the landscape or there might be something hidden within it.

Edited by Nicholas

As I wrote, Mi-35 is bullshit, Mi-35 = Mi-24.

Two rotors, no tail rotor and 3 wheels directly under the body => Ka-50 or Ka-52

ok lets all donate 10 bucks to give BIS beer, so that they reveal the project!

Deal or deal BIS?

Edited by PurePassion

ok lets all donate 10 bucks to give BIS beer, so that the reveal the project!

Deal or deal BIS?

[...]

The announcement of Take On obviously doesn't mean that support for arma 2 will be dropped. With a new patch soonâ„¢ to be released, the imminent arrival of A2:Reinforcements, and some as-yet-unannounced plans in the pipeline, we'll be chained to our bug-fixing desks for some time to come.

We've got more than one team, and they're all within relative kicking distance for those show-stoppers, tweaks, and optimisations. Just think of us as a multi-core CPU, except we're submersible in beer. Anyway, we've never heard of any developer just suddenly slashing support for a product with little warning. :p

[...]

Haters gonna hate; helicopters rule.

Best,

RiE

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1887273&postcount=94

So that plan is useless, they are used to it :)

In the Take On Helicopters forum there's some discussion about how the choppers appear to be mixed together. An excerpt:

None of the aircraft seen in the previews for TOH are even close to reality. They look like deliberate hybrids of several different models. The "light" helicopter variant looks like a combo between an EC 120 Colibri and an MD 500.

If this holds true, perhaps the chopper in the hack photo is another such hybrid concocted by BIS.

It's clearly a harrier Jump Jet in the image: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Harrier.gr7a.zd431.arp.jpg

Notice how the aircraft in the picture has a cockpit? Well so does the harrier. COINCIDENCE? I think not. You guys need to look out for these sorts of small details if you ever want to be taken seriously, I wish people would wake up and use their eyes for once.

If the Helicopter wasn't important why would it be in the pic, why not some sort of other airframe...

So then the telephone poles are important as well? Christ, just because it is in the picture doesn't make it important.

Example:

If your in a club and you take a picture of you and your friend together. There is a silhouette of a person standing in the background, is that person so important that you're going to go out of your way to figure out who it is? No.

So then the telephone poles are important as well? Christ, just because it is in the picture doesn't make it important.

Example:

If your in a club and you take a picture of you and your friend together. There is a silhouette of a person standing in the background, is that person so important that you're going to go out of your way to figure out who it is? No.

Why did you implement telephone poles into a sentence in which i was talking about the Helicopter in relation to other Airframes not objects.

And second no i wouldn't but i have on occasion, but i'll remain on topic.

The project could be a map of the Greek island Lemnos:

• + take a look at the facebook post- highly possible that the conference and the new hack are related.
  • + The event is going to be about the new environment developement so connection from the hack to environement\maps
  • + the map "Proving ground" in the PMC DLC was created via a new progress of map making and could be understood literally as an "proving ground" and this map is now a finished product of this progress (source)
  • + numerous older hacks pointed into the direction of Greece
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • - the map does not fit to hacks like the map unuldor found and the submarine found on the arma 2 screenshot and is also not related to the person Miller that was found nor does it really correspond with Iran, that a lot of Hacks included etc
  • - a single map is too little, BIS never published just a map
    it is rather an DLC or expansion that just features the map
    : - the DLC\Expansion could contain several places and also feature just a part of Lemnos ( Like Zargabad in Operation Arrowhead)

Edited by PurePassion

a single map is too little, BIS never published just a map

You're kidding right? Lemnos would be a huge undertaking for BIS. It wouldn't take much for BIS to chuck in a Desert Island / Rahmadi / Utes type island alongside. It would be the most land mass recreated for a BIS release to date (assuming a 1:1 scale).

EDIT: Oh. Sorry, missread your intention, you're suggesting that the whole project is only Lemnos and nothing much else content wise.

Edited by Daniel

yes you are correct this point means that it would be nothing but the map

( but i really think this would make no sense\ why make a gigantic map which would be a milestone without any corressponding units, story etc..

takistani US and Russian units in their current state would be a bit misplaced there)

yes you are correct this point means that it would be nothing but the map

( but i really think this would make no sense\ why make a gigantic map which would be a milestone without any corressponding units, story etc..

takistani US and Russian units in their current state would be a bit misplaced there)

+1

Not to mention that would require every player who wishes to use the Island would require Combined Ops and other DLC didn't require that.

Also the map shows an Arrow going through the Aegean from Turkey, Easy to say that a New Persia could go through Iraq, Syria, Turkey and into the Aegean to provide a strategic staging position for any Invasion of Southern Europe or Naval advances through the Mediterranean into Northern Africa too.

Edited by Big-Rooney

To whoever is going to the presentation tomorrow: Make sure you film it all, I'm pretty keen to see if anything cool happens :)

Keep in mind that if it was only a map release, then this whole hacking thing would be pretty elaborate (even though it's a very big map release) and why would they have the Astute class sub, and the recruitment message about Miller.

Definitely record the presentation tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if someone "hacked" the presentation.

"A contingent of Australia's Federation Guard deployed to Greece yesterday to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Greece and Crete. "

Unknown if important at all...

did we make any progress with the OR gate and the other symbols we found?

I think I figured this whole thing out and it makes alot of sense.

The pic that i commented on with the helicopter is a In-game shot I dont think from ArmA3 engine. Most likely a Engine update like resistance for OFP and I think the Helicopter is a Mi-28 Havok and the reason it looks odd is because its a Resolution LOD (all modelers like myself should know what they are) and thats why it looks odd as its a lower detail version.

More proof to back up my theory is the telephone wires. if you notice they have aliasing all be it very little.

The road if you look has characteristics of being a texture as-well. it has details that reoccur as-well as the shade the road is it has little to no other weathering besides the faded shade. the patches of foliage you can see also are generally clumped in color and small pieces in view could be the current shrub system they have.

Another note is the fact that the Analysis would still show Photoshopping even if it was originally a PNG as the details added have different compression from the editing stage that was not shown.

I 80% believe this is a in-game shot and that BIS was so proud that why not have fun and see if we notice. I also think that they put some other in-game images in other batches of stuff they showed.

Edited by Vex_man

I'm starting to go on the Side of the Vex man here, it looks like it may be in-game but seriously edited in PS... do those choppers look like there kicking up dust underneath them.

Look under them

Why would one go to added detail to add such an effect to an altered real life photo, if it is dust and not my eyes messing with me at 02:45 in the morning.

its a photo from the real world, without doubt!

Jeeeze, you guys are still arguing about what kind of f***ing helicopter it is??? I highly doubt it is of any importance. As I said before, if it was of any importance and for us to advance through this ARG, it would probably be closer. The picture is probably about the landscape or there might be something hidden within it.

"I must be right! There must be something you all left out! Here! Enhance here! See? The shape! The shape is different! You see it? I am correct!"

Sorry, cannot resist:p

I'm starting to go on the Side of the Vex man here, it looks like it may be in-game but seriously edited in PS... do those choppers look like there kicking up dust underneath them.

Look under them

Why would one go to added detail to add such an effect to an altered real life photo, if it is dust and not my eyes messing with me at 02:45 in the morning.

Usually dirt isn't kicked up by helicopter rotors unless the collective is moving down thus resulting in the wind motion to be blowing down, terrain such as the middle east is different however since the sand is essentially like powder and more easily moved.

If it is an ingame shot, it might be from TKOH. Just looks like it could be terrain from a flight game...