Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

well some objects could come from RV and PS'ed into it but the essence is a real photo

( but i think we can just leave it there and wait for an official statement on this one)

To be completely honest with you, Im not convinced. All the things in the photo are certainly possible with a real time engine.

alex my mate, i thought you know better... disappointing

ok remember with BIS you will NEVER get CGI and the RV is not able to do that ( yet? ;) )

and @SA

Edited by PurePassion

Something is up with that helicopter... is it experimental? It looks like an Mi-28 and a Ka-52 had a baby and that is what is in the pic.

South African chopper ;) (for the heli that RH linked)

@Papanowel - is there a double rotor version of the AH-2? The picture clearly has a double rotor.

As for the picture, I'm like 95% it is real, but here are some oddities to the picture. Notice how there is a shadow for the telephone pole but the weeds in the foreground have no visible shadow. And the first road on the left is completely white... or maybe I've been looking at this pic too long.

alex my mate, i thought you know better... disappointing
ok remember with BIS you will NEVER get CGI and the RV is not able to do that ( yet? ;) )

and @SA

i'm sorry to disappoint you both so :mad:. Obviously my meager amateurism is no match for the combined professionalism of such distinguished professionals as you both are. Please go patronize someone else.

356_6293_500x500.jpg

after some time you just see what you want to see

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

dont get me wrong SA i would love it to be a ingame shot but my eyes and senses tell me its not, im just a realist there....

but of course i also wish this would be ingame

after some time you just see what you want to see

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

dont get me wrong SA i would love it to be a ingame shot but my eyes and senses tell me its not, im just a realist there....

but of course i also wish this would be ingame

nice opinion. now am I entitled to my own? Without disappointing you that is?

I think the thing that looks "off" in that image after a closer look is the almost complete lack of shadows, apart from the ones cast by the two poles. Even the cable crossing the road has no shadow to be seen. It might just be a side effect of all the mangling the image has suffered, though. The cable's shadow might have gone the same way of the cable going out from the lamppost to the left, which is still barely perceptible when you zoom in.

Could also be that they simply rendered the asphalt road and poles and worked them into the original photo, as the place where the image was apparently taken lacks both a paved road and the poles. The latest imagery of that area on Google Earth is from 2005, though... and I'm not sure what the point of altering the road would be, anyway.

Some of the cables themselves are barely visible due to compression, nevermind shadows too. Check the cable running in from the left side. It seems to disappear where the smoke column "crosses" it. It suggests they edited the smoke in over the lines.

But honestly, it's far too difficult to discern anything at that compression rate.

... and I'm not sure what the point of altering the road would be, anyway.

Exactly. I can see why they'd add in helicopters, air defence and a distant smoke column, not the road or poles though.

Edited by Daniel

ok.jpg

Compare both with the original pic. especially the details like main rotor, tail rotor or the weels.

i think its neither the mi28 nor the ka50.

body looks like mi28, but the weels, main rotor and tail rotor dont fit. main rotor looks like ka50 but then the rest dont fits.

strange things...

exactly Khaos... exactly.

I've been trying to figure out where they took the picture from, it looks like the north of the airport. Google maps is showing that is a dirt road. The reason I think it is from the north is because the small building on the left would match the layout with the parking lot and view of the airfield.

I can't believe you guys are still talking about the picture being real or fake. Who cares? Do you really think it being real or fake has anything to do with the point of the picture?

I think we should be looking at what the picture is telling us.

This is what I was asking about the other day. Is any of us really on the right track? Have we gotten any confirmation about anything yet? I see some of the pages that tell us what people have found out of the clues, but has anything been confirmed? Are we even looking in the right direction? We have so many dates and clues that it's overkill.

We are doing bis promoting for them. They give one or two clues and now we have 600 pages of people getting excited about arma 3 or expansions or whatever, when it might be something else. You may be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Don't get me wrong, I like this. But seriously, you have a real photo, but some of you WANT to believe it's not real, so you can believe that it's some new technology graphic for a game thats coming (btw, which if it is fake, none of our graphics cards would handle). You are setting up for disappointment.

It's a real pic, with likely photoshop stuff in it.

But lets move on already. I don't even know what I am supposed to be looking for anymore. Too many cooks....I want to see real, confirmed info. which clues have been confirmed?

I think it's 3 choppers morphed into one

Ka-29/Ka-50/Mi-28N

Id'e like to see these ingame

I don't really care if the photo is really or fake or doctored... but there are things in it that are fun to figure out. The helicopter is big on my list. I looked for an hour online and can't find a match for it.

Trying the figure out where the pic was taken from is just fun.

And I think it looks more like a KA-52 then a ka-50, but at this point it doesn't matter much

Edited by Dissaifer

I can't believe you guys are still talking about the picture being real or fake. Who cares? Do you really think it being real or fake has anything to do with the point of the picture?

I think we should be looking at what the picture is telling us.

This is what I was asking about the other day. Is any of us really on the right track? Have we gotten any confirmation about anything yet? I see some of the pages that tell us what people have found out of the clues, but has anything been confirmed? Are we even looking in the right direction? We have so many dates and clues that it's overkill.

We are doing bis promoting for them. They give one or two clues and now we have 600 pages of people getting excited about arma 3 or expansions or whatever, when it might be something else. You may be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Don't get me wrong, I like this. But seriously, you have a real photo, but some of you WANT to believe it's not real, so you can believe that it's some new technology graphic for a game thats coming (btw, which if it is fake, none of our graphics cards would handle). You are setting up for disappointment.

It's a real pic, with likely photoshop stuff in it.

But lets move on already. I don't even know what I am supposed to be looking for anymore. Too many cooks....I want to see real, confirmed info. which clues have been confirmed?

Much as you want to see "real, confirmed info", AFAIK nothing has been confirmed. That's what Monday might be for.

Most of the clues they have given us to where we'll fight, what we'll fight, who we'll be, who they'll be, that kind of stuff, is pretty damned obvious. Nobody's gone and confirmed anything about what kind of package it's coming in - nor have they confirmed anything else.

(Personally reckon the chopper might be a future Chinese chopper, but PMing Dwarden just to BEG the information from him anyway)

@Old Bear - single rotor...

@SliceySlice - I believe that was a fictional helicopter (I thought it was that too at first), and the tail is wrong.

Edited by Dissaifer

it's an Hokum MI-28 the chopper look the tail wheel it's on the middle

Edit : i'm totaly wrong .... sorry

Edited by M1n1d0u

@ Dissaifer

KA58 is fiction but since some points are indicating that we talking about something that is taking place in the future, i was thinking maybe BIS gave it a shot

i just think its about there new project http://takeonthegame.com/

people are talking about helicopters and this is what its about.

The world will change yes there new project is based in Seattle.

yes it has a new physics engine is has to its about choppers.

and based on this page makes me think even more that its about there new game http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/company/developers-blog/215-taking-on-the-future

Ka-58 looks more like commanche

i just think its about there new project http://takeonthegame.com/

people are talking about helicopters and this is what its about.

The world will change yes there new project is based in Seattle.

yes it has a new physics engine is has to its about choppers.

and based on this page makes me think even more that its about there new game http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/company/developers-blog/215-taking-on-the-future

uhhmm you know this was about the already released game Take on Helicopters?

Yes, of course it makes perfect sense to have one small treasure hunt before the announcement of ToH, and then - a month later - make a huge hubbub with an ARG that contains references to submarines, the british SBS, warfare, Iran, China, greek islands etc. all for an upcoming game that

A: has already been announced

B: is ~90% about civilian, non-military helicopters

C: doesn't have anything to do with Iran

D: let alone Submarines or the SBS!

Oh yes, I can see it now, the pigs are FLYING!