Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Just trying to sum up all the clues so far...

1. New Map (World will change) - Map of invasion of europe by naval and other units

2. Submarines - Outline of HMS Astute

3. Naval SF Units - SBS Miller

4. New Physics Engine - Ball smashing wall animation

5. Location based on Greek Islands - set of files pointing to Greek Islands/Greek Forces

6. New medical system, atomic/lazer weapons, persian/asian war - timeseeker program revelas key war, scientific events in history

7. New Guerilla faction - list of references to guerrila warfare

8. New summer textures/clutter/plants/trees, pic of russian helos - picture of Lemnos

This to me sounds like an expansion:

• based in the armaverse Green Sea region,
  • featuring multiple islands and new terrain technology with new summer based assets (textures, plants, trees etc)
  • New OPFOR forces based on Iranian and/or Chinese invading Green Sea islands.
  • New Guerilla faction for the Green Sea islands.
  • Improved naval simulation featuring submarines and naval special forces - update to BAF and possibly USMC (SBS/SEAL?).
  • An improved RV engine featuring basic physics, new medical system, new advanced weapons such as tactical nukes and lazers.
  • Improved Russian assets including KA-52 and 9K22 Tunguska or similar.

Thinking about Operation Arrowhead... that brought us two new maps, new OPFOR/BLUFOR/GUER forces, new vehicles, engine improvements and terrain assets. So, based on the above it's likely we're looking at ARMA 2: Operation Green Sea expansion?

Alternatively, could BIS be about to launch a new Naval Warfare simulator?

Sounds like the most logical thing to me. I originally wanted A3 and thought it would be ArmA 3 (Still could be...). But expansion now sounds much more logical. Could be some updated BAF units aswell as new BLUFOR Greek units?

Can't wait. Let's hope the engine improvements are substantial and give the game a new edge!

I'd also like the netcode code to be re-written... desync and the internet gameplay has a fair few flaws... unfortunately...

Sounds like the most logical thing to me. I originally wanted A3 and thought it would be ArmA 3 (Still could be...). But expansion now sounds much more logical. Could be some updated BAF units aswell as new BLUFOR Greek units?

Can't wait. Let's hope the engine improvements are substantial and give the game a new edge!

I'd also like the netcode code to be re-written... desync and the internet gameplay has a fair few flaws... unfortunately...

I really hope its not Arma 3. I'm hoping A2 will end up solid like Flashpoint so it can be enjoyed for 10 years :D

I would feel for the poor addon / mod makers. So much work...

I know its their choice but the games meant to be enjoyed on that level also.

Improvements or new contect will be extremely welcome.

So you guys think it's Lemnos? I think it's not.

Remember:

intro2.jpg

That's definitely not Lemnos. :o

That could be a BIS version of Lemnos in the Autumn / Early Spring. From what I have seen on Google Earth, Lemnos is pretty green...

Poetic license and all that.

I'm for real, you'll be laughing when you get to go down a river in a boat across Lemnos with a new physics engine. Mark my words. ;)

Look, as much as I would DIG this if was an in-game screenshot, it is not. You mustn't forget that even if the image analysis proved that some stuff has been edited in, it does not mean that any of it is at all copy/pasted from in-game onto a real photo. Not even for a bit. There are talented people out there who can make stuff look really real but isn't, and I do keep that in mind, which is why I won't say that the image is entirely real.

I realize your point which is different to what I just wrote, but what I'm really interested in pointing out is these simple question:

What compels you to think that it is an in-game screenshot?

There is no real evidence that supports the claim that it is an in-game screenshot

And furthermore, have you forgotten the first "screenshots" we got?

http://www.aan-online.com/arma2-hacked-page/

These are real photos aswell.

Taken that into consideration, lets just discuss the plausibility that BI DID that image as an in-game screenshot.

What would be the ups, and what would be the downs?

Ups would inevitably include: Showing off their great technology more photorealistic that possibly any game ever made, because really, it is beyond hyper-photorealistic if it is in-game.

Another up would be to really stoke up the community to get excited.

The downs (if it WAS an in-game screenshot): Hyping up players for a mil-sim sequel to arma (because there is no way it would be arma 2 with upgraded graphics), only to have the players stunned by the massive requirements it would mean to even process the game at a minimum of performance effect - just to name one.

A second would be that we, the community, eventually will find out that it is in essence NOT an in-game photo but rather a very well-rendered 3D scene; thus not an actual game-renderable feature.

And just to shoot it down furthermore; it is a much too dense plume of smoke to even begin to be part of a videogame as of yet. There is simply no technology made to perfectly simulate smoke to look even a bit like real world smoke, and whats worse is that only alpha-smoke thus far has achieved the most real-looking smoke effect.

I mean, I could continue going over things in that photo that could not possibly be game-rendered, but it would be a bigger wall of text than it already is.

Whats most important, if you ask me, is the fact that no game developer in their right mind would ever post an in-game screenshot with edited-in helicopters, smoke, or whatever, to promote their game 'silently' through an ARG such as this one. It is just not the way things go.

So to conclude this, I am very much willing to take that bet, and I will personally contact Dwarden when all of this is over, and ask him whether it is real or not, and if it happens to be a real photo, you buy me a copy of what this ARG is about to announce to us, and if it is in fact an in-game screenshot, I buy you the copy - PM me if we got a deal ;)

Edit: thanks PurePassion - Not a good idea to put such a big image in lol.

Second edit:

I really hope its not Arma 3. I'm hoping A2 will end up solid like Flashpoint so it can be enjoyed for 10 years :D

I would feel for the poor addon / mod makers. So much work...

I know its their choice but the games meant to be enjoyed on that level also.

Improvements or new contect will be extremely welcome.

If it really is ArmA 3, do keep in mind that an announce would not necessarily mean that it would come out in, what half a year? Not even close to that, but if we were to think it was close to that, then ATLEAST sometime in Q1 2012, but more than likely more like Q3 or Q4. Remember the time between ArmA: Armed Assault and ArmA 2? :)

Edited by sothis

Nonononoooo this picture is VERY OLD

and sothis

you better remoce that picture ( 192 kb) ;)

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

and if it happens to be a real photo, you buy me a copy of what this ARG is about to announce to us, and if it is in fact an in-game screenshot, you buy me the copy - PM me if we got a deal ;)

LOL u mad!

oh cmon thats totally pointless!

it is sooo obvious that this is NOT an ingame screenshot showing an updated RV engine!!

and pls stop arguing about this

it is not ingame

btw if sb wants to bet i'm in the boat

Edited by PurePassion

I remember one of the early screenshots of Arma2 / Chernarus, which showed an outside gas container next to a shed and fence. I was convinced it was a real photo, but of course now we see it in game. So I don't rule anything out.

cj

Nonononoooo this picture is VERY OLD

and sothis

you better remoce that picture ( 192 kb) ;)

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

LOL u mad!

oh cmon thats totally pointless!

it is sooo obvious that this is NOT an ingame screenshot showing an updated RV engine!!

and pls stop arguing about this

it is not ingame

btw if sb wants to bet i'm in the boat

My bad - I wrote that entirely wrong :P I meant to say I would buy his copy if he was right, and the other way around - Not him to buy me a copy no matter if he wins or loses the bet. Lol.

In any case, I was only trying to debunk the whole thing with that very conclusion of the bet being on if he was up for it :P

ok well then i think the debate about wether the picture was a ingame screenshot or a

real photograph has officially ended here

ok? :o

thx

as long as netcode is rewritten i would be happy with just an expansion, netcode NEEEDS work.

3 of them seem to be connected

look at the symbol of Hostmonster

They are all from Hostmonster

By the way, the 4 websites, where the screenshots are hosted, don't have any significance?

I mean these:

www.egri.cz

www.zlaty.net

www.myw2w.com

www.ger.cz

Yes, interconnected via a common e-mail contact and registrant, apart from egri.cz:

domain: egri.cz

registrant: FORPSI-R8S-S380583

nsset: HOSTMONSTERSE

registrar: REG-INTERNET-CZ

expire: 18.01.2012

Of course that picture is NOT ingame lol!!! Just look at it! it was made through the use of 4 other ingame pictures so of course things are going to look a bit weird inside of it.

Helicoper is definitly not a Mi-28N... Wheels are in the wrong place and also its double rotored

Edited by MattXR

Actually all those domains are on zlaty.net, accorsing to a traceroute.

The only info I can find on that is: http://johnniem.zlaty.net/

Guess BIS has some friends over there :)

Helicoper is definitly not a Mi-28N... Wheels are in the wrong place and also its double rotored

It's almost certainly irrelevant, but I think it is an Mi28N.

The double rotors are just an illusion because of the viewing angle, and the radar thing on top, like in this img.

The shape fits.

The back wheel looks weirdly positioned, but I think that might just be a feature of BIS's model.

It's almost certainly irrelevant, but I think it is an Mi28N.

The double rotors are just an illusion because of the viewing angle, and the radar thing on top, like in this img.

The shape fits.

The back wheel looks weirdly positioned, but I think that might just be a feature of BIS's model.

Lest we forget this beast - http://www.aviastar.org/foto/ka-50_1.jpg

Although, the bulky hull does resemble a MI-28 - http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Rifts/Rifts-Pre-Rifts-Vehicles/Soviet/NS_Mi-28_Havoc_Helicopter.jpg

Non-retractable gear, narrow X shaped tail rotor wouldn't be visible at this distance, 'appendage' beneath the tail - looks like MI-28 alright.

Source: http://armaenigma.com/images/8/8f/5thImage.png

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Limnos Air Base

The history of Limnos is lost in the ages. According to Mythology, the island hosted Hephaestus’ workshop, who taught its first inhabitants, the Sintians, the art of copper forging. It flourished during the prehistoric era, while in 512 B.C. was occupied by the Persians, to be liberated again after the end of the Persian Wars. Since then, it was successively subdued by the Romans, Venetians and Turks, till its final liberation during the First Balkan War, in 1912.

Lemnos is a military base of Greece as it stands on a strategically important part of the Aegean Sea. During the First Balkan War, the Naval Battle of Lemnos took place here on January 18, 1913, in which the Ottoman navy sought to thwart Greece's capture of Aegean islands.

The Greek fleet under Admiral Pavlos Kountouriotis was in the port at Moudros when they received signals that the Turkish fleet was approaching. The Greek fleet decisively defeated the Turkish fleet, which retreated to the Dardanelles and did not go out again throughout the war. The Greek battleship Limnos was named after this battle.

During World War I, the Allies in early 1915 used the island to try to capture the Dardanelles Straits, some 50km away. This was done chiefly by the British and largely through the enthusiasm of Winston Churchill.

After the Red Army victory in the Russian Civil War, many Kuban Cossacks, fled the country to avoid persecution from the Bolsheviks. A notable eviction point was the Greek island of Lemnos where 18 thousand Kuban Cossacks have landed, though many would die of starvation and disease. Most left the island after a year. :(

All in Bold is what connects the dots with pevious hacks too, everything seems to link around this island. just speculation :cool:

Something is up with that helicopter... is it experimental? It looks like an Mi-28 and a Ka-52 had a baby and that is what is in the pic.

ok well then i think the debate about wether the picture was a ingame screenshot or a

real photograph has officially ended here

ok? :o

thx

To be completely honest with you, Im not convinced. All the things in the photo are certainly possible with a real time engine.