Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Maybe they just like the terrain of this greek island, but will use different forces?

yeah check out AUSARMA site and go to AAF (Australian Armed Forces clan) and join/ add on skype. I would link you but we just changed to vBulletin and it requires a password request, yet when i activate my account it links me to the old inactive forum so until this is fied i cannot sign in :p

MSO is a great mission where you can free roam the whole island and lots of things like terrorist cells and training camps an civilian reputation and enemy money and equiptment/logistics is all included (so much more has been added recently) and now that the major scripts have been added the MSO can be set up on whatever map in no time if you have another copy of MSO with you to take scripts from. Imagine a multiplayer, miliary (not post apocaliptic) fallout where everything you do will effect the outcome of the mission.

Can you pm your login details? (just username obviously)

I'll need to take a look at that.

39°55′N 25°15′E

Thats for google earth if you want to see what Lemnos looks like in colour and explore from the air, I hope the whole BIS ARG thing is the second expansion pack and based on this island

Edited by ArmAriffic

I still find it odd that AAN hasn't updated their page in a while. After we solved the earlier hacks there was always some sort of post on there to confirm them.

maybe that means we did not really solved the hacks or the conclusion is wrong?

or they wanna make us believe there are real hacks...

The image analysis proves that its a in-game image. there is details that look fake but others then look really good and the Ka-52 is not in service yet as well as the image not being tampered. oh and another note is that the helicopters in the distance might be a Ka-52 but the latest versions with Zenith balls under the nose as such here

also another note is that if this is a Airbase in Greece then the Ka-52 (Mi-28) would not be there hence a fake image, but they are not photo-shopped so another proof that this is a in-game shot

Agree....It does look like an in-game screen shot..hopefully in-game and not a loading screen.... I measure about 8-10 k's view distance using goggle earth...So maybe a stand-alone sequel... like Resistance was to OFP... With Arma 3 to come later....

Edited by gonk

i just dont see it, the airport pic looks real to me

Agree....It does look like an in-game screen shot..hopefully in-game and not a loading screen.... I measure about 8-10 k's view distance using goggle earth...So maybe a stand-alone sequel... like Resistance was to OFP... With Arma 3 to come later....

Yeah. Resistance had major graphics improvements for the OFP engine, maybe same thing with this new expansion for A2.

I kinda hope it's ArmA 3, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if it was an expansion for A2/OA with graphics improvements and many new units :)

i just dont see it, the airport pic looks real to me

99% sure that it is a real photograph (with possible photoshopped elements). .9% of the final 1% is that I am unsure whether or not this is actually reality. .1% of the final 1% is me thinking that BIS has some how managed to make the game look perfectly real. Sadly, if that were the case, we probably wouldn't have a good enough computer to play it.

That...can't be an ingame screenshot, it just can't, it looks too....perfect.

The aliasing on the grass, the pavement of the road, the lifelike coloration and lack of bloom anywhere to be had plus draw distance of vegetation..it can't be.

The image analysis proves that its a in-game image. there is details that look fake but others then look really good and the Ka-52 is not in service yet as well as the image not being tampered. oh and another note is that the helicopters in the distance might be a Ka-52 but the latest versions with Zenith balls under the nose as such here

also another note is that if this is a Airbase in Greece then the Ka-52 (Mi-28) would not be there hence a fake image, but they are not photo-shopped so another proof that this is a in-game shot

I dont' think it's in-game, because while I have faith in BIS talents for environments, they cannot be created by them to such detail, namely the vegetation in that image like some have pointed out.

Also, your query on the helicopter was interesting, but I still say it's a Havoc due to what appears to be the shipunov 30mm cannon hanging off it's nose, where the KA-52 it's mounted on the wing, and the nose itself is almost an unmistakable shape looking more like the Havoc. Plus it's gear hanging down while in flight as does the Mi-28, it's horizontal stabilizer is sloped back like one as well were the KA-52's isn't (more-so meaning the entire fin is angled back). I'm still tossing what looks like twin rotor blades to optical effect and bad compression, because nothing else adds up to the rest of the features unless BIS is mad trolling us.

I'm waiting for user-made missions like that. I want to hide from Apaches and get artillery called in on my head.

But most of what the community comes up with is armed-to-the-teeth Americans with state-of-the-art weapons up against absurd numbers of OPFOR that we are expected to take down in a frontal attack.

That's the wrong kind of challenging.

Guilty as charged... :smiley-punched:

:p

If I want jump on "in-game screen-shot" bandvagon, which I'm not, I must not know or comprare it with this picture . Ohara's comments about picture:

1) that was some internal tests with very hipoly, hi detail and hi model variation vegetation
When we did tests we found that for world real density and variability is faster HW needed, i expect around 2015, also that is not good idea to merge textures of lods to single texture due streaming problems and many other technical things, that was implemented into Linda or engine after that experiments.

I know this picture seems to be from rv3 engine and new one can be from brand-new engine. But I doubting about in-game screenshot, anyway I'd like to be suprise at opossite. I agree that something on picture seems to be edited.

Edited by BoboCZ

I'm fairly certain that the reason the image analysis shows such high levels is due to the fact that this picture was made by merging and using filters inside of photoshop. Therefor it *technically* is photoshopped.

We've known it was BIS since the beginning pretty much. Or at least we were 99% sure.

Sorry I am a little late on this haha

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

I can't figure out the Helicopter in the picture. The picture looks seriously real, The Road and the grass and the smoke in the background but what I can't make out is the Mi-28. It appears to have or look like it has two main rotors.

I'm fairly certain that the reason the image analysis shows such high levels is due to the fact that this picture was made by merging and using filters inside of photoshop. Therefor it *technically* is photoshopped.

You are right, that image analysis is completely useless for this pic. Its converted to jpeg from a freakin PNG, which has lossless compression and thus no errors... The only thing you see there is how good your conversion was :p

And get some grips guys, that picture is 100% a photograph (maybe with some assets added in). There is no way this is in-game. Not even a tiny bit.

http://www.greeksim.com/magazine/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=121&func=fileinfo&id=79

havent downloaded this yet, but seems to be a flightsim, where u get to visit lemnos airport

cant get the dam thing to work :confused:

That is only the scenery addon, you require either Flight Simulator 9 or X to use that.

@Wacky I wouldn't be so sure the originals were composited in photoshop, specially because of the XOR operator, apparently it was later obtained with Paint.net processing. The image analysis in fact depends on lossy jpg compression to give some results, and the first 4 images we got were in lossless .png. It is apparent in Kamran's result there are compression artifacts.

I did try to reproduce that same image forensics principle in photoshop (resave image with a 11/12 jpeg compression and layer the difference with original), which results in something different then already posted (the huey shows up!), but nothing special about the havoc nor the plumes which are the most odd things.

Still IMO, even if there is not too much hints of image tampering (where it matters), it is too photorealistic (reality imperfect) to be CG.

Edited by gammadust

And get some grips guys, that picture is 100% a photograph (maybe with some assets added in). There is no way this is in-game. Not even a tiny bit.

+1, This is a photograph.

And about the choppers: They are pretty small on the picture and it looks like we are not able to properly identify them (some say its Ka-50/Ka-52, others its a Havoc). For the same reason we cannot positively identify them as russian choppers. Even if they are: Someone mentioned a large maneuver a few posts back that happened there 2009 or 2010 where the russians took part. The pic could be taken at this time.

But i think it doesn't really matter. If the exact type of chopper would be of importance, the hackers would have given better images. I think it's about the location (and the fact that it is a military base)

Unless they have made serious changes to the lighting in the engine, we would most likely be seeing evidence of HDR in that picture if it was a screenshot. The lighting is too real. The only reason is looks like it might be a screenshot is the compression.

+1, This is a photograph.

You're right, but just for a minute, let's imagine you're wrong. :)

Yeah. Resistance had major graphics improvements for the OFP engine, maybe same thing with this new expansion for A2.

I kinda hope it's ArmA 3, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if it was an expansion for A2/OA with graphics improvements and many new units :)

Definitely new units, Marines marines marines rangers rangers rangers gets old real quick...

And yes i realise BAF was indeed British...but that was DLC and not the main game.

edit: rage, signature, y u no werk.

Just trying to sum up all the clues so far...

1. New Map (World will change) - Map of invasion of europe by naval and other units

2. Submarines - Outline of HMS Astute

3. Naval SF Units - SBS Miller

4. New Physics Engine - Ball smashing wall animation

5. Location based on Greek Islands - set of files pointing to Greek Islands/Greek Forces

6. New medical system, atomic/lazer weapons, persian/asian war - timeseeker program revelas key war, scientific events in history

7. New Guerilla faction - list of references to guerrila warfare

8. New summer textures/clutter/plants/trees, pic of russian helos - picture of Lemnos

This to me sounds like an expansion:

• based in the armaverse Green Sea region,
  • featuring multiple islands and new terrain technology with new summer based assets (textures, plants, trees etc)
  • New OPFOR forces based on Iranian and/or Chinese invading Green Sea islands.
  • New Guerilla faction for the Green Sea islands.
  • Improved naval simulation featuring submarines and naval special forces - update to BAF and possibly USMC (SBS/SEAL?).
  • An improved RV engine featuring basic physics, new medical system, new advanced weapons such as tactical nukes and lazers.
  • Improved Russian assets including KA-52 and 9K22 Tunguska or similar.

Thinking about Operation Arrowhead... that brought us two new maps, new OPFOR/BLUFOR/GUER forces, new vehicles, engine improvements and terrain assets. So, based on the above it's likely we're looking at ARMA 2: Operation Green Sea expansion?

Alternatively, could BIS be about to launch a new Naval Warfare simulator?

Edited by Tupolov

Sounds like an Epic expansion to me! I hope to god your right!