Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Havocs only have one rotor blade.

I believe it to be neither Kamov or havoc.

Probably a kamoc or Hamov

I think part of the compression in the image is resulting in the appearance of two rotor blades. I think we may be seeing the outline of a single rotor at an angle, making a sort of ellipse. The helicopter itself is turned at an angle as well.

But at this point I don't think it's even important so I'll drop it.

Ok, the poles are either photoshopped in or mounted after the Google satellite took the pictures.

I assume the picture is taken around here:

http://rakrul.grimtask.com/lemnos1.png

Now if you look at the terminal you can see shadows from the various poles there:

http://rakrul.grimtask.com/lemnos2.png

but if you look at the road, there are no shadows there:

http://rakrul.grimtask.com/lemnos3.png

It's probably just the image quality. I think the shadows you see there are from the very tall poles as seen in this picture. The telephone/electric poles are at least half the height of those so don't cast as much of a shadow. Also, I can't see any pole shadows on the main roads, but one would assume lamp posts are present.

It's probably just the image quality. I think the shadows you see there are from the very tall poles as seen in this picture. The telephone/electric poles are at least half the height of those so don't cast as much of a shadow. Also, I can't see any pole shadows on the main roads, but one would assume lamp posts are present.

But on your picture you can see the poles on the horizontal road, but not on "my road".

Edit: Another pic not showing poles: http://www.ert.gr/aerialphoto/photos/big_new/airport/airport34.jpg

Edited by Rekrul

You know, with all the clues, does anyone else get the vibe that this next game or expansion might be a psuedo "persia invading greece" scenario. This has probably been brought up, but everything is buried under pages and pages of posts.

@Rekrul: That 3rd image, the position of the sun might be cause of the lack of shadows. Look at the trees in the image and notice the lack of shadows they cast, and they are larger. Like Ranger pointed it. They are thinner and may be harder to spot in an arial photo during that time of day.

Edited by Steakslim

look at the photos on google maps ... looks similar to the "screenshots"

You know, with all the clues, does anyone else get the vibe that this next game or expansion might be a psuedo "persia invading greece" scenario.

Makes no sense.

All greece has is olives and gyros, and if you need that you can either start growing it yourself or cut the lamb in a proper way.

No need for war here.

Makes no sense.

All greece has is olives and gyros, and if you need that you can either start growing it yourself or cut the lamb in a proper way.

No need for war here.

If they want to claim back their old Persian grounds it does.

i see that island as a strategic point for a Mediterranean naval assault, nothing more to do with greece in itself

Edited by PuFu

hey guys who confirmed that this is going to be an Greece DLC with this island??

so just chill. no need to already flame about this.

could be just a hint or detail for the story or something completely else

just dream of the physic engine and alls good

Ok about the poles moving away down the road. I believe they are electricity poles and not telephone poles, however there are more than just the usual 4 wires for electricity.

Four wires on top of the pole (theres 3 i know) usually indicates 3phase electricity (older,cheaper) but in order to have that, you require a neutral line as well, which is i believe is missing.

there are 4 lines along the shaft of the pole, which terminate, and one whic goes to the other side of the road and then terminates there. On this pole, there appears to be a 'removed' wire running from that pole to the far left of the picture.

I dont think the poles are real, which is why i think the picture is in game

wouldn't it be more logical to PS those poles? Especially when that image resembles with no game engine out there to date? (look again over BIS RV engine via TOH imgs)

Wires are just fine.

3 horizontal cables on the top are high voltage and the 5 vertical cables are 3 phase, 1 neutral and 1 public light.

The cable going left, goes to an electric meter in the beton column, probably for a nearby house.

wouldn't it be more logical to PS those poles? Especially when that image resembles with no game engine out there to date? (look again over BIS RV engine via TOH imgs)

Im not technical guy when it comes to anything programming related, I understand what an engine is, but understand what it does and how it works is completely beyond me.

I guess the idea that the poles look fake, throws me off the whole image.

The fact that they've tried to hide another wire is abit odd

Ok about the poles moving away down the road. I believe they are electricity poles and not telephone poles, however there are more than just the usual 4 wires for electricity.

Four wires on top of the pole (theres 3 i know) usually indicates 3phase electricity (older,cheaper) but in order to have that, you require a neutral line as well, which is i believe is missing.

there are 4 lines along the shaft of the pole, which terminate, and one whic goes to the other side of the road and then terminates there. On this pole, there appears to be a 'removed' wire running from that pole to the far left of the picture.

Isn't the 4th just ground? Anyways, it seems like they're running three wires, but vertically not horizontally. http://www.visualphotos.com/image/2x4393974/greece_ithaca_power_pole

But I doubt this is of significance so I'll drop it.

Maybe it's been answered, but there's this list on Armaholic's post

2003 belarus duffy bielski

2002 nogova bohemia troska

1991 nottinghamshire reynolds hood

1962 ottoman lean lawrence

1958 clara guevarra casillas

1943 neretva lohr tito

1814 madrid goya spaniard

1462 targoviste vlad mehmed

in 1991 there was a Robin Hood film released with Kevin Costner and Morgan Freeman and Alan rickman as antagonist - the director's name is Kevin Reynolds. In 1962 the film "Lawrence of Arabia" with Peter O'toole being the title character.

Casillas is a city in Guatemala, where US Marines were fighing against guerillas in the 1920s

I think the airbase, the location, the smoke, the possible SPAAG and the helicopters are probably of more significance than the type of transmission lines. :p

You know, with all the clues, does anyone else get the vibe that this next game or expansion might be a psuedo "persia invading greece" scenario. This has probably been brought up, but everything is buried under pages and pages of posts.

Yep, that's been suggested a couple of times.

The name of the airport is Lemnos International Airport "Hephaestus".

Matches the statue clue.

http://www.hcaa-eleng.gr/limnos.htm

Nice one. I get the feeling we might have found this (Lemnos) beforehand if we'd googled the right combination of clues.

Edited by Daniel

Lenmos..wtf, Is it just me or is this all Greek to you as well?

Given that so far all maps that BIS have released have been fictitious. And the known connection with the OFP islands, and the Greek isles. I cant help but think there is going to be strong connection to the ol' OFP campaign.

But this has already been speculated.

They certainly dont appear to be giving away anything new. We already have so many Greek connections as to be near meaningless, and ArmA players are already familair with blury images of Russian armour and choppers in the distance.

I'll throw my two cents in here along with the million others.

Im guessing the point of the picture has ben edited to mean to show us one of a couple things.

This is either a picture of the future or now. It's not a game screen shot as some have been saying. The point of this whole "hack" thing is to show us what is to come.

So I think this is what is to come. A first attack, this picture definitely looks like an attack. For us a glimpse into the future. We know it's building up to something like that, and this picture isn't the past. So this pic is giving us a clue to their plan. Maybe this is them showing us the island, and showing us, it's a target. It can make sense. It's similar to Utes. It's perfect for a base of operations in the area, with an airfield.

Or it may be that they want us to think that is what is currently happening now. That the war has started.

As to which aircraft it is or vehicles, I don't think that is important. Whatever military this will be, will obviously have eastern machines. So wether it's russian or chinese or iranian or whatever, doesn't matter. It will most likely be a fictional army.

I think it's funny that all these type of games don't want to make any specific country the "bad guys".With exception of Russia, China, Iran,Iraq, most create a fictional bad guy. I think they will do the same with this. Like BF2 had the MEC, to be a middle eastern coalition, I think Bi is doing that here. Iran, Russia, China have always been the "bad guys" so having them be the backbone for this persian thing is easy.

So that is why I don't think the vehicles matter, They can give them any vehicle they want since this force will be fictional.

Well thats my two cents. I really hope this isn't an arma3. This game is stll new and there is still alot that can be added to it. Maybe it will be a better platform like OA was for arma2. That I can handle but their is too much playing left to be played here still. Maybe they are doing this in order to try to keep people from leaving to go to BF3 when it comes out. It looks good, but it looks more like COD now, so I'd rather stay here. Arma will be the only thing with this type of playing style left. They pretty much were already anyway. Everyone else changing for more console friendly gaming.

There could be a game no more fantastic than (and this is what Wolffy.au's MSO in part can be used to simulate) one of severe aversity and lack of equipment: Just you and your band of militia. AKMs and AK47s for the lot of you, good luck downing that Hind gunning for you.

If you find an M16 with an ACOG, whoopty fucking, that's fantastic! Salvage a BRDM with a dushka, you're a hero. Get hold of an anti-material rifle with good ammunition, you're God incarnate.

You can dispatch your militia groups to other parts of the island, maybe do some in-field recon first to assess the enemy strength and if you can actually send your AI there. They'll return after their raid if they didn't all get shot to pieces, and you'll love them dearly for the ammo and weaponry they brought back. Oleg, is that a Strela? Oleg, I will massage your loins tonight!

Ironsights makes the game challenging. Challenge is fun, especially if you can beat the imperialist high-tech Chinese/Russians/Americans with your shitty little 20rnd mag, di-optic sight G3.

I'm waiting for user-made missions like that. I want to hide from Apaches and get artillery called in on my head.

But most of what the community comes up with is armed-to-the-teeth Americans with state-of-the-art weapons up against absurd numbers of OPFOR that we are expected to take down in a frontal attack.

That's the wrong kind of challenging.

100% agree maturin. i remember the times where one could also lose a coop game, and not only by dieing...tht concept is long gone, and there are very few who still play that sort of missions...pity

yeah check out AUSARMA site and go to AAF (Australian Armed Forces clan) and join/ add on skype. I would link you but we just changed to vBulletin and it requires a password request, yet when i activate my account it links me to the old inactive forum so until this is fied i cannot sign in :p

MSO is a great mission where you can free roam the whole island and lots of things like terrorist cells and training camps an civilian reputation and enemy money and equiptment/logistics is all included (so much more has been added recently) and now that the major scripts have been added the MSO can be set up on whatever map in no time if you have another copy of MSO with you to take scripts from. Imagine a multiplayer, miliary (not post apocaliptic) fallout where everything you do will effect the outcome of the mission.

if you check the last image that was XOR filtered the road is not real. there is more fake with that image then the Helicopters.

For some reason I think BIS really stepped up there game and some of these are in-game images.