ns2.hostmonster.com

See p8h8.info DNS Records

Information Updated: Thu, 12 May 2011 13:09:28 UTC

P8H8.INFO SITE INFORMATION

IP: 66.147.240.166

IP Location: Orem, United States

Website Status: active

Server Type: Apache

You could email Hostmonster and see if they give some clues... Social Engineering might be whats needed here :p

They should be at work in the next 2 hours or so.

Edited by CannonousCrash

hackftp2.png

have a message :

500?

remember :

500.php
Edited by darkiron

Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but I'm curious about the seeker development. It's quite clear that the path lead to Scott Miller's date of birth, but what does the path itself mean. Why did it begin where it did? What was happening in the world just prior to the "Ten Rules of War" that is the origin of our beloved Mr. Miller? I think there must be something that links the beginning and the end besides war. It just doesn't make sense to me as it is now and I think there must be more to this.

A blood line maybe?

A plot device for (the) eventual campaign about how war has changed?

Then again, maybe I am just over thinking this.

have a message :

500?

remember :

500.php

It's a common FTP error code:

500 Syntax error, command unrecognized. This may include errors such as command line too long

It's a common FTP error code:

500 Syntax error, command unrecognized. This may include errors such as command line too long

500 is an user ... of the ftp

Wonder why all the wars are listed as the start of the war, except for Vietnam that's listed as Thr end of the war. Then again, can anyone definitively state when the Vietnam war actually started?

500 is an user ... of the ftp

No, you're trying to access with user "ftp"

The server gives error 500 when you tried to send a tilde character to it.

Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but I'm curious about the seeker development. It's quite clear that the path lead to Scott Miller's date of birth, but what does the path itself mean. Why did it begin where it did? What was happening in the world just prior to the "Ten Rules of War" that is the origin of our beloved Mr. Miller? I think there must be something that links the beginning and the end besides war. It just doesn't make sense to me as it is now and I think there must be more to this.

A blood line maybe?

A plot device for (the) eventual campaign about how war has changed?

Then again, maybe I am just over thinking this.

I think it's just a history resumé that will be relevant to whatever new product BIS will give you. It could also mean the end of Ten Rules of War. ;)

No, you're trying to access with user "ftp"

The server gives error 500 when you tried to send a tilde character to it.

Yeah, I retry butI have an 530 error ... but I have test user 500 in Fillezilla, who accept 500 as user :bounce3:

Anyone fancy setting up a packet analyser on ftp://p8h8.info?

Although I imagine most of the traffic would be users of this thread trying to hack into it...

Yeah, I retry butI have an 530 error ... but I have test user 500 in Fillezilla, who accept 500 as user :bounce3:

It will also accept YoMama as a user if you want to go down that path. As a security measure it doesn't tell you if the username is valid or not. Then you could just brute-force the usernames and be halfway there. Now you need to nail both UID and PWD.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Anyone fancy setting up a packet analyser on ftp://p8h8.info?

Although I imagine most of the traffic would be users of this thread trying to hack into it...

Uhm, unless you're physically in the same room as the server you need to hack the host and mirror the traffic to you through a tunnel which is no small feat. You can't just sniff the traffic of random IPs on the internet. What a security nightmare that would've been...

Edit: Or, ofcourse, if you have remote access to server then you could install and run it there, but then there wouldn't be much point.

All usernames are accepted, it's only after you enter a password that the authentication fails.

Uhm, unless you're physically in the same room as the server you need to hack the host and mirror the traffic to you through a tunnel which is no small feat. You can't just sniff the traffic of random IPs on the internet. What a security nightmare that would've been...

OK, as you can see I'm obviously no techie. Scratch that then. Cheers for the explanation mate.

the solution the brute force time ...

and a lot of keyword ...

try with brutus :)

I just came by a trailer of Green Zone, starring Matt Demon:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0947810/

His character is named Miller.

Discovering covert and faulty intelligence causes a U.S. Army officer to go rogue as he hunts for Weapons of Mass Destruction in an unstable region.

lol, was just watching that. only relevance is that freddy's leg is in iran.

On another note, im convinced we missed something with the miller photo. AAN still hast updated the status of the hacks. Could possibly mean that it hasnt been solved yet. There is something very funny about that picture and I just cant put my finger on it. Both the code and miller use the same background. Something we missed I think.

Edited by pbishop

the solution the brute force time ...

and a lot of keyword ...

try with brutus :)

I'm not convinced we were ever meant to "see" this site - my guess is that the password(s) will be entirely unrelated to the game at hand.

And of course, we have to remember that BIS are fully aware of this discussion...

No need to go searching for every single occurrance of the name Miller in military films and books. Miller is a common name.

There is also SSH server on p8h8.info

Captain Miller is played by Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan. Therefore, Tom Hanks must be playing the lead role in this game.

Arthur Miller was married to Marilyn Monroe, perhaps this means female characters?

Captain Miller is played by Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan. Therefore, Tom Hanks must be playing the lead role in this game.

yeah, millerCounter++

as for Miller' image, it has the same background with "Code" image because it was Miller image covered with white page.

'Miller' has an 'i' in it...

...'Hitler' has an 'i' in it...

I think it's safe to say that the nazis are involved somehow.