Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

No no no - please don't consider this as an attack of any sort!

The game is very good in most of its aspects - single thing i have against is the lack of feedback on solutions - if people would know wether the puzzle is solved properly or not, it would eliminate frustration building up in people that have given a lot of their time to participate - just that:

puzzle solutions that are giving definite hints on how far they solve the puzzles of which effects they are. :confused: Damn i hope someone understands what im trying to say :confused:

take a chill pill lol what ever {those making this annoying} no i don't think so

so it must be ok to break the law than let us all do it

Hey hey hey! That's my line! :mad:

Indeed it was. :D

As for the Cpt. Scott Miller referenced above, I would say that's either a coincidence, or the name inspired the character created by BIS.

take a chill pill lol what ever {those making this annoying} no i don't think so

so it must be ok to break the law than let us all do it

No one is breaking the law. Perhaps you should try to find out what's really going on before you start posting crap.

Edited by MadDogX

I would say that's either a coincidence, or the name inspired the character created by BIS.

Maybe it is, I dunno... damn, I think we’re in danger of a “2 + 2 = 1,821†situation here.

Who'd be a spook?

what ever you lot what to chat crap you do that if you what to play the silly game than you do that as it is i don't give a flyin **** what you think ok

Indeed it was. :D

As for the Cpt. Scott Miller referenced above, I would say that's either a coincidence, or the name inspired the character created by BIS.

In the link http://inquirer.philly.com/packages/somalia/dec09/default09.asp Miller was the commanding officer but steele didnt pay any attention to him, Could this be more than a coincidence?

what ever you lot what to chat crap you do that if you what to play the silly game than you do that as it is i don't give a flyin **** what you think ok

Bit harsh, No need to keep posting in this silly game

I think that swift boy is right, its a co-incidence that scott miller's are named the same. I have the same name as a Scottish Metaphysician, that doesnt make me him.

In the link http://inquirer.philly.com/packages/somalia/dec09/default09.asp Miller was the commanding officer but steele didnt pay any attention to him, Could this be more than a coincidence?

Well, we don't know anything about "our" Miller's actual story yet, whatever it may be about. It's possible that BIS derived inspiration from that, but impossible to tell at this point. :)

Is that specific page somehow linked to a hidden code or so?!

If not you should scan more passages about Miller on pages: 12, 14, 35, 170-71, 176, 204, 205, 222, 232-34, 236, 239-43, 251, 272, 284, 285, 288, 306 ...my edition is a bit tattered :rolleyes:

Plus it's not like Scott Miller is a really unusual name. In fact, maybe it's an homage to Scott Mitchell from GRAW, and we're going to be using cross-com technology.

i went to school with about 5 of them so i can agree with that.

i went to school with about 5 of them so i can agree with that.

Thought the same when I heard the name first. The german version 'Müller' is of course leading the top100 of Germany's most widely used lastnames.

According to Mongabay.com site :

"Miller" name is having 7th rank in the USA

I've tried different combos of miller/Miller/scott/Scott/smiller etc with various dates 220692/22JUN92/221155 etc to no avail, but it would seem odd that it would be a valid login since it would imply that Scott logs into the hackers FTP.

So I doubt that's a valid login, maybe p8h8 for username and 220692 or similar as PW.

I've tried different combos of miller/Miller/scott/Scott/smiller etc with various dates 220692/22JUN92/221155 etc to no avail, but it would seem odd that it would be a valid login since it would imply that Scott logs into the hackers FTP.

So I doubt that's a valid login, maybe p8h8 for username and 220692 or similar as PW.

Does anyone know if its possible to set up and FTP that would allow any username, but just needed a specific password to gain access?

Some FTP-Servers allow to log on with:

anonymous // anonymous

but it's very unlikely to work on the p8h8 ftp

All of the characters in BIS games are modeled based on real persons (at least their faces are).

Why does it matter in the first place though?

Basically, If it's CGI, then i believe BIS is bringing whole new level of facial detail in game, all this while i've not seen BIS uses 2 different sets of face for game and marketing. I stand to be corrected though.

filezilla.jpg

This is what i get on filezilla, reguardless of username

I have been user number 7.. thats the highest ive seen it.

Edited by CannonousCrash

220-Local time is now 06:28.

Is that your local time when you took the screengrab, or is that local to the server?

220-Local time is now 06:28.

Is that your local time when you took the screengrab, or is that local to the server?

Local to the server, time is now 6:53

That said, the server is in either...

Edmonton

Denver

Guatemala

San Salvador

Tegucigalpa

Managua

Edited by CannonousCrash

Local to the server, time is now 6:53

That said, the server is in either...

Edmonton

Denver

Guatemala

San Salvador

Tegucigalpa

Managua

Beat me to it, I was just about to say MDT or CST!

The whois says the server is in Provo, Utah, and the time is the same.

Any way of finding out who registered p8h8.info (if the domain was registered)? Just out of curiosity really, I'd be amazed if it led anywhere other than BIS...

you could give hostmonster.com a call, perhaps they'll tell you