Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

it's looks all too real to me.... the facial doesn't look all too symmetric as compared to characters in PMC.

It could be rendered offline. Otherwise, maybe PurePassion knows that face personally. He seems pretty confident that it's real. ;)

Edith: Excactly @ MadDog. Hard to tell with a certainly shopped image.

this in NOT CGI! trust me ;)

I think its 3d render but photoshopped a little to look more photorealistic.

I any case that doesnt matter :)

(chrum chrum popcorn)

The hair doesn't look like CGI hair to me. It strikes me as a photograph, personally.

It is a Real photo - not a CGI :p

and its photoshoped to look like 3D or something like that

but anyway who cares that? :D

The hair doesn't look like CGI hair to me. It strikes me as a photograph, personally.

Yes, but bad quality of an image (artifacts) is also often used to hide the synthetic appearance, because nature doesn't seem to like symmetry much (and noise filters are used to achieve that natural asymmetry*). Also, CGI hair, even rendered online, isn't that bad nowadays. But yes, who cares :P

*I don't refer to the physical order of atoms ;)

well, if it's a real photo, doesn't that breaks BIS norm of using in-game rendered character as protagonist. Just curious....

ok what if Miller is not just a name but a codeword for a secret project carried out by the USA or GB and the suspected DOB is the date when the project started

and all the members have maybe "Miller" as a codename

but its propably british because

CO- TROOP B, X SQN means Company-Troop B, Squadron X and this unit operated in afghanistan

The hair is exactly the same in all 3 stances - note the smock (i know it is possible), as well as the folds of the tshirt. Of course i could be wrong

well, if it's a real photo, doesn't that breaks BIS norm of using in-game rendered character as protagonist. Just curious....

All of the characters in BIS games are modeled based on real persons (at least their faces are).

Why does it matter in the first place though?

ok what if Miller is not just a name but a codeword for a secret project carried out by the USA or GB and the suspected DOB is the date when the project started[...]

Don't get me wrong please, but a password/codeword 'miller' would be at a similar level like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6iW-8xPw3k ...I mean after all those tricky things...

Edit: Okay, true, there were lots of you-cannot-believe-it codewords for ops and stuff in history.

Edited by Hoot

I remember only ARMA1 and QG were in-game rendered characters.

OFP:CWC OFP:R ARMA2 ARMA2:OA ARMA2:BAF ARMA2:PMC are all real person portraits.

ftp://p8h8.info/

In case no one's tried it, "Miller" as the user name, and his longform birthdate/time 221155ZJUN92 doesn't log you on.

I've completely lost track of all the other possible user names we could use ("Barel", "r3dp3ga5u5" or whatever, and I can't access armaenigma at work...

ftp://p8h8.info/

In case no one's tried it, "Miller" as the user name, and his longform birthdate/time 221155ZJUN92 doesn't log you on.

I've completely lost track of all the other possible user names we could use ("Barel", "r3dp3ga5u5" or whatever, and I can't access armaenigma at work...

using filezilla, it appears that any username is 'ok' but the password needs to be right

as some one put it in armainfo {By posting these hacker-attack-posts you´re only encouraging the hackers to continue. Obviously they have some severe attention issue. Please let them be, don't dignify their behavior. Please!}

as it is all you lot r doin is encouraging the hackers let tham be to play there dumb game

as some one put it in armainfo {By posting these hacker-attack-posts you´re only encouraging the hackers to continue. Obviously they have some severe attention issue. Please let them be, don't dignify their behavior. Please!}

as it is all you lot r doin is encouraging the hackers let tham be to play there dumb game

We enjoy these games, and clearly the hacking is Marek and Dwarden earning some overtime whilst drinking some well earned alcohol

Yet another candidate for "post of the century".

The hair is exactly the same in all 3 stances - note the smock (i know it is possible), as well as the folds of the tshirt. Of course i could be wrong

All of the characters in BIS games are modeled based on real persons (at least their faces are).

Why does it matter in the first place though?

I guess if they designed the character with 'hat head', they're less vain than I am ^_^

Even though we now have Milers birthdate, which we thought would be pretty significant. it hasnt been used anywhere.

We did get a heads up from a BIS informer to input it somewhere, but the /programs/ page on the P8h8.info was removed due to peoples over-active imaginations, I did try accessing via FTP last night but with no joy.

Is the whole idea of the seeker.exe just to give us his birthday so we can guesstimate a rough year for the 'whateveritis' is set?

Putting it into the ArmA2 website to tell them how old you are, didn't work. :(

With all due respect, and sympathy for the ongoing ARG - At this point the event has been overdone big time.

Multiplicity of different clues, direction to which those clues lead, and lack of definite indication wether particular clue has been "solved" or not, make this ARG unplayable to me at this point.

I do not wish to break the spirit, its not my intention, my intention is only that the message reaches peeps that are behind this - ITS OVERDONE! At some point in the past days players should have been given more concrete info - not on a slate, but as an effect of "cracking" the game.

Its not even that the puzzles might be too hard - they are not - its the fact that solving them doesent even lead to new parts to put into a bigger jigsaw - solutions are cryptic and random, that can not be used to solve bigger image.

Because of that, people at this point are following leads like haircut of the guy at the image, and what colour his shirt is. BECAUSE THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FEEDBACK.

Putting it into the ArmA2 website to tell them how old you are, didn't work. :(

Wish i was 19 years old.

I dont think much else is going to be discovered between now and the next hack. Unless some brainiac manages to solve some previous clues.

Is it only me seeing a correlation between those finding this annoying and those making this annoying?

Please people, take a chill pill and relax. If you don't want to get involved, no one is forcing you. If you don't want to hear about it, then stop looking for information on it. Pretty simple.

Man, I KNEW i recognized the name Capt. Scott Miller from somewhere. I can't believe it took this long for somebody to find it and point it out. Many kudos, BigSlongsDaddy.

(Though it doesn't fit in this context whatsoever, it would seem. Might just be a coincidence... who knows?