Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

8484... Sounds like a clue to me, or just a coincidence that that worked well with the timer

8484... Sounds like a clue to me, or just a coincidence that that worked well with the timer

Or if you just take 1992-1907, you get 85 years.

I don't know if it's linking back to OFP, but OFP took place in 1985, correct me if I'm wrong.

Might be just a coincidence like you said.

Also, thinking back to the text file...the one with the picture of 1821. One of the other files used the password "difference" 21-18 = 3

Or add all them up... 1+8+2+1=12/4 = 3

Some more.....If you take the 8484 add them all up, you get 24. Take 24+1992 = 2016, perhaps the year it will take place.

Just thinking lol. Probably nothing. I'll just shut my mouth and go to sleep.

Edited by Nicholas

So just to sum it up, we know Miller is a member of the SBS and that he was born in 1992.

Assuming at this point that he is a main character who will appear in an upcoming BIS campaign, and taking into account his age and the earliest date at which he could have joined the SBS, what is the absolute earliest date at which the campaign could take place?

If he joined the Royal Marines out of school at 18, completed the Royal Marines officer's training course in fifteen and a bit months...

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/royalmarines/training-fitness/royal-marines-officer-training-course/index.htm

...and then joined the SBS after two years of service, or more likely, two years as troop commander in a Commando...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Boat_Service#Recruitment.2C_selection_and_training

....and assuming he's pretty clever and all that sort of thing, and makes Captain within five years of completing his initial training and three years SBS service (inclusive), plus any additional training for X Squadron - and who knows how long that is?! - that gives us about 25 years. 1992 + 25 = 2017 at the earliest.

Edited by James McKenzie-Smith

1992 + 25 = 2017 at the earliest.

I hope, we won't get futuristic weapons and vehicles.

Pretty much everything that will be widely used at that time is already in the dev pipeline now, I think. (I was about to say "no lasers and shit like that", but actually that's not quite true either. ;))

Btw. thanks @ James for that summarisation. :)

Well, its not really that far away so if it is that I'm sure they won't be lasers and such.

that gives us about 25 years. 1992 + 25 = 2017 at the earliest.

Agreed with "at the earliest". I reckon he'd have to be a bit older than 25, to be honest. I'm thinking +4 or +5 years, late 20s, maybe 30.

Which would put the action somewhere around 2021/2022.

Unless his DOB as given by Seeker.exe is wrong, of course. But we've no reason to doubt its veracity at the moment.

Seeker.exe was just another way for BIS to give us another tidbit of information. No reason to doubt it. :)

Well, its not really that far away so if it is that I'm sure they won't be lasers and such.

Why not?! Haven't we got that experimental Littlebird variant with Arma2 or OA?

Iirc there was test-firing in 2010 and 2011 with beam weapons e.g the missile test with the Boeing YAL-1 .

However, the following video shows the discrepancy pretty well:

"Dear baddies, please slow down a little 'cause our laz0r is just the 'deathstar on a diet version'"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGaO9YwMqBU :D

Pretty much everything that will be widely used at that time is already in the dev pipeline now, I think. (I was about to say "no lasers and shit like that", but actually that's not quite true either. ;))

Btw. thanks @ James for that summarisation. :)

Why seeker.exe mentioned this? :rolleyes:

Increment_14

16MAY60: First functioning laser is constructed

Why seeker.exe mentioned this? :rolleyes:

Exactly what I was thinking. I just reduced the messages provided by the seeker.exe to their essense:

war

china

war

penicillin

iran

china

war

war (atomic program)

war (deployment of A-bomb)

geneva convention

war

war

integrated circuit

laser

berlin wall

internet

war

war

iran

berlin wall

Miller

We basically have numerous references to various wars, some references to china and iran, the development and deployment of the atomic bomb is pointed out... and then, apart from Miller, a few things stand out:

- Penicillin

- the Geneva convention

- lasers

- internet

- the Berlin wall

I must admit, I’m a bit worried about the possible implications of this “GIBS3000 Timeborer†thing, whatever it is... fingers crossed we’re not in for a time-jumping sci-fi adventure, with our man Miller hopping through the recent past discovering penicillin/starting WW1/shooting down Iranian jets, etc...

I must admit, I’m a bit worried about the possible implications of this “GIBS3000 Timeborer†thing, whatever it is... fingers crossed we’re not in for a time-jumping sci-fi adventure, with our man Miller hopping through the recent past discovering penicillin/starting WW1/shooting down Iranian jets, etc...

Agreed - or some extremely contrived CIA craziness campaign like in COD:BlOps. :rolleyes:

Back to the seeker.exe references though, the Penicillin, A-bomb, lasers, internet etc. references seem to be pointing to another overall theme: "the advancements in technology". That, along with WAR, China and Iran...

Summing it up, the seeker.exe seems to be saying: "Advanced technological warfare with China and Iran! Oh, and Miller is involved."

EDIT: Millers DOB also firmly places the action at least 6-7 years in the future.

Edited by MadDogX

I think I'll judge whatever they release on its own merits regardless of what kinds of content is mentioned in the overview.

I think I'll judge whatever they release on its own merits regardless of what kinds of content is mentioned in the overview.

You won't be getting much argument here.

Well I don't know about August 1, 1939 but some people consider July 7, 1937 the start of WWII as well. /troll

Hmm, I didn't think of the chinese-japanese conflict as beginning of WW2 before. Interresting theory. Thx.

As for 01AUG1939 I found only one thing:

August 1, 1939 - Prohibition of all alcoholic liquor begins in Bombay
August 1, 1939 - August 1, 1939 United States Outlaws Conflicting Groups With Guns or Uniforms

Agreed - or some extremely contrived CIA craziness campaign like in COD:BlOps. :rolleyes:

Back to the seeker.exe references though, the Penicillin, A-bomb, lasers, internet etc. references seem to be pointing to another overall theme: "the advancements in technology". That, along with WAR, China and Iran...

Summing it up, the seeker.exe seems to be saying: "Advanced technological warfare with China and Iran! Oh, and Miller is involved."

EDIT: Millers DOB also firmly places the action at least 6-7 years in the future.

Penicillin = Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria in future -> diseases -> war?

Twelve Monkeys? :j:

Nooo way! :D

Edited by BoboCZ

What really bothers me is that there is still not even the slightest of hints what we are actually dealing with. A new game? DLC? Expansion? I would have thought that the point of these ARGs was to release information bit-by-bit so that you can start to piece together what it is going to be, but while we have a lot story-related hints, there is nothing (or at least nothing found) that hints at what we're actually able to expect.

The only odd-man-out in the whole series was the ASCII animation.

I really wish they would at least give a hint on what to expect in the next hack. This is building up to something, and I'd like to know if I will be disappointed again like with Take On Helicopter (before anybody moans, yes, I was disappointed because I hoped for something ArmA related and it wasn't).

Seriously, this is going too long (yeah I know, don't read the thread if you think it is annoying... But then, now that I know something is coming I want to know what it is)

*sighs* Hope tonights hack will give a bit more insight.

Scott Miller is supposedly in X squadron of the joint SBS/SAS SF force. I think someone said he was a commander or some other high ranking officer.

He came from the Marines, where you theoretically need around 6-7 years before applying for the SBS.

There was one case in history that they let a group of Royal Marines go to SBS selection straight after completing the Commando Course. But this was back in the days when you could just apply straight to the SBS and not the British SF course. There is a book on it, think its by Duncan Falconer.

Lets hope this isnt going to be too far in the future, i dont want heartbeat monitors on the rifles, ala Modern Warfare lol.

On the DLC/Arma3 debate, lets hope its both, with maybe a transition campaign as the DLC and then ArmA3 going on from there.

Just wish BIS would hurry up and let us know.

Cheers

GC

the Geneva convention -> future -> they will not play fair any more.

... again classic tunnel vision thinking.:)

Let's see what the next two hacks bring us (assuming there is no announcement by this weekend).

If the game continues as usual on Monday, I think we may truly be looking at a buildup to an announcement at E3. In that case, I'm pretty sure a DLC or EP for Arma2 is off the plate...

Anyone get the exact time zulu that scott miller was born?

Anyone get the exact time zulu that scott miller was born?

I believe it was 11:55, but am not quite sure anymore. Someone posted a screenshot of the capture tool at that point a few pages back.

Let's see what the next two hacks bring us (assuming there is no announcement by this weekend).

If the game continues as usual on Monday, I think we may truly be looking at a buildup to an announcement at E3. In that case, I'm pretty sure a DLC or EP for Arma2 is off the plate...

I agree