Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

I am sorry but "imwolleandplaceboslostchild" is has valid a test has is "Scott.Miller.born.500.php" despite a slightly more educated guess, at this point in the game it can be just as good. There is no way to know it. If by the slightest out of step an hipothesis is the game breaks... the game is badly constructed and enters contingency mode... (maybe site down, who knows).

So: I disagree!

How many tests before you know it works? 50? 100? 1000?

Your tests were so legitimate that BIS shut down the website.

Edited by Max Power

I don't think we have yet found the meaning of the latest clue. Is there a message within the dates, or what had happened that day?

Since his DOB after 1989ish so to have been in the Army or Navy or Airforce, then do selection, then join X-Squadron. That puts his active time period quite abit later than Harvest Red(So he can't have been a undercover Spukayev SIS operative like some suggested). It also put any campaign/story with him as the main protagonist probably post ION campaign, which is logical anyway.

Does anyone know if the Lopetev and Bardak Facebook pages where BIS made or Fanmade? Maybe CPT. Scott Miller SBS is on and theres something to be found?

Edited by SAbre4809

NoFu;1920898']Schancky look:

http://66.90.73.223

What this ??

ip2location.com says it's hosted by fdcservers.net' date=' and located in Illinois.

On that website, the most recent news item states:

12/01/2010

FDCServers.net is very excited to announce its expansion into EU market. Our dedicated servers and colocation packages will be available out of [b']Zlin, Czech republic [/b]starting mid January of 2011. This new location will offer better network performance for our EU client base and additional service options for clients looking for load balanced servers and connectivity between US and EU. Initial connectivity in EU will be supplied by multiple 10GE uplinks from TINET and TELIA.

Suspicious...

It was a last say :)

So ""Scott Miller born" - 22 June ... " from 66.90.73.223 is a fake ???

OK thats a bit weird, because normal users do not browse (and post stuff to the wiki) using the same IP as where some webhost is running right?

Ofc it can be a some advanced user with apache and cpanel running on his home connection, but the IP lookup makes that unlikely...

edit: the webmaster email is thewird@yahoo.com ...

But I think all of this is unrelated anyway :)

Edited by rundll.exe

Date Modified 3/30/11 7:49:00 PM

Don't really think it's related.

Remember that it also could be someone doing this from his working location, like probably more people here. :)

Just had a PM from a user Kamran:

Hi,

Who put in June 22 for Miller?

Edit was done by IP: 66.90.73.223

22nd June 2001 is "Flashpoint 1985" release date.

A webserver responds on http://66.90.73.223/ , maybe a proxyserver for anonymisation?

Kind regards,

Kamran

I went to search is post but go no hits :S

EDIT:

Only other visitors to his page are Dwarden (BI Dev) and Zipper (Mod) (and me)

Hmmmm....

EDIT 2: Why didn't he just post in the thread?

Edited by Schancky

They shut it down because we were getting too close to the TRUTH. Someone get dox on Wolle and Placebo, where they've been in the last 10 years, and birth certificates!

Just had a PM from a user Kamran:

I went to search is post but go no hits :S

EDIT:

Only other visitors to his page are Dwarden (BI Dev) and Zipper (Mod) (and me)

Hmmmm....

Seems like someone is trying to... put us out our misery?

It is possible that, since the seeker.exe was throwing results at a certain expected pace, that would allow only for timely disclosures.

What might not have been expected was that someone could reverse engineer the exe and get the results earlier. Rushing stuff too fast.

It is possible that, since the seeker.exe was throwing results at a certain expected pace, that would allow only for timely disclosures.

What might not have been expected was that someone could reverse engineer the exe and get the results earlier. Rushing stuff too fast.

That was my thoughts too, that stuff was encrypted for a reason, i bet BIS didnt think we would take everything they gave us apart bit by bit untill there was nothing left ^^ :p this community is dangerous when you feed it information :p

Perhaps BIS is trying a new copyprotection and lets us betatest it.

Ofcourse no discussions about that on the forums ;)

Bit off-topic but

03SEP28: Discovery of penicillin

The person that discovered penicillin is a relative of mine

FADE is imho, the most advanced copyprotection and the best. It is unlikely that they will change this working system for no good reasons. Or these persian hackers are really good and found a workaorund.

That was my thoughts too, that stuff was encrypted for a reason, i bet BIS didnt think we would take everything they gave us apart bit by bit untill there was nothing left ^^ :p this community is dangerous when you feed it information :p

Weeeell technicly the community has in the past, legal or no.

Edited by NodUnit

Does "Silicon Heating Device" ring a bell to anyone here?

I literaly ""Search The Users" on this forum and this came up following "Tahlo"

Edited by gammadust

Does "Silicon Heating Device" ring a bell to anyone here?

It googles as trace heating, which I do know a little about.

What has stopping pipes bursting in the winter got to do with Arma though?

Well

I think that we can assume that calling a php file with the correct name (in this case we can supose it was Scott Miller's DOB) would activate the hack and would unlock the ftp:\\www.p8h8.info domain.

If that's true, we can assume that someone created the correct file at around 21:10 GMT, because three minutes later the http://www.p8h8.info/Programs domain was rendered unavailable.

So, please, if someone posted something at around that time, that could possibly be the correct DOB of Scott Miller, please post it here.

I have some ideas about this

Some data:

The last event in the list is the Berlin's wall's fall, in 1989.

After that comes Scott Miller is born.

All phps end with the number 500. Other phps are not created if they don't end following this format

date format can be DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY

If we assume that the DOB is following one of those formats, then the 500 could represent M/YY or D/YY. That would mean the the two Zeros would represent year 2000.

That would mean that

a) Scott Miller was born in May 2000

OR

b) Scott Miller was born on the fifth,fifteenth or twentyfifth of one month in 2000.

What do you think?