Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

I think the site has just been removed as it has finished what it was meant to do, hand out the Seeker.exe, which has now been hacked and we only await Miller's DOB from it.

Which were told to 'input' or pointed in that direction via someone who only joined the forum in the last week or so, and has only posted 'clues' in this thread.

As someone said after i asked the question (sorry i forgot your name)

Put his DOB into the 500.php

something along the lines of 25FEB90500.php (guess)

Personally I find this HACK thing very annoying.

That is:

I don't have time to read all the links. I then don't know if this HACK thing is real or a hoax. If it is real, I hope BIS will sort it out. If it is a hoax then I'm sorry, but I don't have the energy to solve constructed enigmas that are supposed to work as marketing. That is a waste of time. If you are launching a new game/mod/update, just frickin tell me what I can expect. Maybe I am too old school, but if this is a hoax it is turning me off, for real.

Laggy

Well, since the idiots who spammed the programs page have to know about it, that means people from here, this forum. If you read through the thread (probably the last 100 or so pages, counting 80\90 odd pages of bullshit and spam) you can see that the admin info for the site was posted here, by one of my "fellow posters" as you said. Then if you read more you can see where atleast one person admitted to creating spam links.

Good f*cking work guys. You've screwed it for everybody now.

@laggy: Of course it's not real. It's all being done by BIS.

Someone has sat there all day with a countdown thing on their PC just to get a DOB of a fictional character, and we still, after nearly 12 hours are nowhere closer than we were yesterday...nice "hack"...

EDIT: @Darkhorse, calm down for gods sake, it a bloody game...

That is:

I don't have time to read all the links. I then don't know if this HACK thing is real or a hoax. If it is real, I hope BIS will sort it out. If it is a hoax then I'm sorry, but I don't have the energy to solve constructed enigmas that are supposed to work as marketing. That is a waste of time. If you are launching a new game/mod/update, just frickin tell me what I can expect. Maybe I am too old school, but if this is a hoax it is turning me off, for real.

Laggy

This isnt the marketing campaign, It just BIS having some fun at our expense. Some people enjoy this kind of thing. Perhaps on Monday they will announce what 'this' is officially, Then you can stop moaning.

And posting clues every 48 hours is pointless. By the time most of us realize a clue is even up, it's already been answered. Is anyone even solving anything? I just see the clues along with what it means. Are real people solving these riddles, or are you just saying they are. I mean really, who has any type of scanner that will scan a bar code made up of avatar pictures? Sorry I must have left my scanner in my other jeans. Yet "someone" was able to scan it?

Quite paranoic. You doubt that people solving clues are real? Cmon man..FPDR

This ARG is realy begins to smell like some MKSEARCH:D

from whats said, The berlin wall was brought down in 1989 and Scott miller was born after that. This makes Scott Miller at most 21 years old. The guy in the image from the 3rd hack is clearly much older than 21....

And Captain of a UKSF Squadron at the age of 21/22 at that...

IIRC blokes don't usually make Captain until at least their mid-to-late 20s in conventional units. However, even that seems fairly young to be commanding a squadron in one of the UK's special forces units (where blokes have generally served a few years in other regiments before even attempting selection).

IMO he can't have been born after 1989 unless whatever campaign he appears in is set some time after 2012 (when ArmA 2 etc are set).

cm on dont give up now

its just getting more exciting :bounce3:

its like the last few miles on a marathon where you have to find the will to pull it through again

a happy banana for everyone whos desperate right now :yay:

and now let ze bräinz wörk agaaaain!!!

That is:

Laggy

Nobody is forcing you to read anything. Furthermore, if I am to allow myself to go out on a limb, most of the people that've replied to this so far have shown curiousity and interest.

Something is going to be disclosed (to you) at date xx.xx.xx, and would be disclosed no matter what. What we have is filler material, a challenge from Bohemia before that disclosure. We're solving riddles, adhering to the same mechanisms in us that made eg. the Spore fanatics scrutinise screenshot after screenshot in search of features.

In short, you've no reason to complain. :)

(I'm pretty sure that post is a troll, but for sincerity I can't discard it just like that :p)

I don't think there is any reason to be concerned. The point of the whole affair is that they want us to find out - otherwise, what would be the point of it?

So, if that program page is important, I am sure it will be back if someone found the right stuff to enter... and if not, then it probably has nothing to do with it.

Well, since the idiots who spammed the programs page have to know about it, that means people from here, this forum. If you read through the thread (probably the last 100 or so pages, counting 80\90 odd pages of bullshit and spam) you can see that the admin info for the site was posted here, by one of my "fellow posters" as you said. Then if you read more you can see where atleast one person admitted to creating spam links.

Darkhorse you talk like only a subset of people posting here were entitled to try out the xxx500.php page... if this is true you realy, Realy, REALY need to chill out, you are loosing touch with reality dude... this is just a disclosure game, play it and don't EFF around!

The only the thing that is achieved by BIS doing this cryptic bullshit that i love so much....

Is...

It shows just how much BIS loves its community, and Isnt forgetting about its current community even though what they are about to announce is going to 'change the world'

If they really are going to change the world, First they must lower the amount of insects there are in the world...

Currently there are 200 million for each person... Thats far to many bugs for my liking

The only the thing that is achieved by BIS doing this cryptic bullshit that i love so much....

Is...

It shows just how much BIS loves its community, and Isnt forgetting about its current community even though what they are about to announce is going to 'change the world'

If they really are going to change the world, First they must lower the amount of insects there are in the world...

Currently there are 200 million for each person... Thats far to many bugs for my liking

I just smashed one that was bugging my monitor... dusk time.

Darkhorse you talk like only a subset of people posting here were entitled to try out the xxx500.php page... if this is true you realy, Realy, REALY need to chill out, you are loosing touch with reality dude... this is just a disclosure game, play it and don't EFF around!

well when theres something like 100+ .php pages, including "poop500.php", "pampampampampam.php" (or something along those lines) and a shitload of other spam, of course I'm going to be pissed. I'm actually hoping that the whole "game" is over now, that the idiots fucked it up. Maybe that would get everybody to stop spamming this damn thread.

Don't forget that Red Harvest was in late 2009, Operation Arrowhead was 3 years (or so) after it in 2012.

BAF and PMC are even later than this. IIRC, Brian Frost, a british paratrooper from BAF was stationed in Takistan also some time after Arrowhead, then left the army and joined ION Inc. as a PMC. Then he returned to Takistan and found out that the chinese supplied the Takis with nuclear weapons.

@Darkhorse: Come down man. People just had to pump out some steam, i guess.

@laggy: Of course it's not real. It's all being done by BIS.

honestly it's not even worth it now with all the bullshit .php links you dolts created.
This is bullshit. I hope we see forum bans for the idiots who have been adding shit to the p8h8 site.

Calm down. Noone here has done damage apart from have a bit of fun.

At this point, everything is controlled meticulously by 'P8H8', and if spamming the links would have caused harm to the enigma - It wouldn't have been able to happen.

Once it served it's purpose, it dissapeared again. Like everything else in this hack. No harm done.

That is:

Laggy

Are game devs not allowed to play around with their community anymore?

Noones making you follow it, work it out or anything. it's here for those who want to give it a go and follow along. And if you don't want to, then don't follow it.

well when theres something like 100+ .php pages, including "poop500.php", "pampampampampam.php" (or something along those lines) and a shitload of other spam, of course I'm going to be pissed. I'm actually hoping that the whole "game" is over now, that the idiots fucked it up. Maybe that would get everybody to stop spamming this damn thread.

1) Your criticism rests on the premise that we were to have produced a .php page under /programs. Until we have the DOB of Miller, which'll come while I sleep no doubt, any input would've been guesswork. Even if nonsensical and stupid pages like fecalmatter500.php were made, it's not significant. Nobody were sitting in the Czech Republic going "Oh my god now I have to delete more of these pages".

Only the return of /programs after we work out the DOB (or find a similar clue) will mean we are meant to generate a link and access content. I think it's ridiculous to ponder the "game is over". That you hope so says more of your character.

2) "Everybody" is not spamming this thread. However, the volume has gone up a lot since people began to counter your assessment of the 'game' with their own perceptions.

There is ftp access to p8h8 server (ftp://www.p8h8.info) but no luck with login and password - maybe Miller's date of birth is the password

I don't think the FTP is a part of the enigma, but hell, you could always try a few numbers from the hacks so far.

OK

For the last time now: Stop spamming this thread with pointless crap that does nothing to solve the thing. And again: This is a forum, not an online chat.

And if this thread and the 'hacks' is annoying to anyone, then just stay out of it. No one forcing you to read here.

I'm slowly getting tired of cleaning the spam, chat and quoted pictures here several times per day. If you think you can raise your postcount by spamming this thread with nonsense then better think again, you may up with an even lower postcount in the end. ;)

This.

Some people put considerable work into this puzzle, including catching up on this spam fest thread for hours on end, staying up to get the clues as they happen, spending hours editing the wiki. One of us even took the day to drive for 5 hours to get to a destination. To think that this game is now ruined by someone who couldn't stop themselves from writing 'imwolleandplaceboslostchild' php, obvious idiotic spam, is an insult. I can understand a few of those popping up, but hundreds? What could you have been thinking?

I am sorry but "imwolleandplaceboslostchild" is has valid a test has is "Scott.Miller.born.500.php" despite a slightly more educated guess, at this point in the game it can be just as good. There is no way to know it. If by the slightest out of step an hipothesis is the game breaks... the game is badly constructed and enters contingency mode... (maybe site down, who knows).

So: I disagree!

I'll spoil ^^ instead, and let that be my last say on the issue.

Edited by gammadust

Whats the login?

To the FTP? That's a good question.

One would assume it has something to do with Miller.

I'm going to guess it's along the lines of :

Username : Miller

Pass : Millers DoB

.. That's assuming the FTP part is a part of this, and not just a side-effect we've uncovered.