Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

I think it's getting boring to be honest. Sure, when the Seeker thing is finished, we'll probably have some date like "1 May 2014 Outbreak of World War III" and still no idea what the whole thing is about.

There is only so much days you can stretch something like this. I would have preferred to have it end on Monday already, one week after it started.

I have to agree, I know what they are doing is fun and everything, but I can understand some people getting frustrated. I mean having a community member drive 4 hours to find a "clue" now over a week ago and it is still going on (with no REAL hard evidence of anything). Plus, as some people think, this timer might go on til Sunday meaning that some will have to leave their computer on all day and night until Sunday? What would BIS do if none of us took part in the ARG?

Is this last one a confirmed one ?

03SEP28: Discovery of penicillin

It's not so much the "hacks", it's the fitting together of the pieces that's starting to grate. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed at the outset with "stone man wheat", I mean, if BIS hadn't parachuted someone in to tell us that that meant "miller", we'd still be looking for statues of men sowing wheat...

Is this last one a confirmed one ?

Nah, I was on of the first ones to open the program and I'm only up to 21 Jun 1916

Apparently it's possible to speed up the counter, at least that's what someone said a while back.

Didn't someone found a way to accelerate the timer some pages ago... from 90ms to 10ms?

Nah, I was on of the first ones to open the program and I'm only up to 21 Jun 1916

Well your getting there :P just got to get to 2011 or 2012 lol ^^

If it gets to 1985, I can see there being something there.

Also, stop saying this counter ends in 2012, Operation Arrowhead is based after 2012.

I have to agree, I know what they are doing is fun and everything, but I can understand some people getting frustrated. I mean having a community member drive 4 hours to find a "clue" now over a week ago and it is still going on (with no REAL hard evidence of anything). Plus, as some people think, this timer might go on til Sunday meaning that some will have to leave their computer on all day and night until Sunday? What would BIS do if none of us took part in the ARG?
It's not so much the "hacks", it's the fitting together of the pieces that's starting to grate. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed at the outset with "stone man wheat", I mean, if BIS hadn't parachuted someone in to tell us that that meant "miller", we'd still be looking for statues of men sowing wheat...

Let me put up a suggestion for you guys: Do not participate. Go do your normal everyday business. For all I care everyone could do that, but that won't hold Bohemia back from announcing whatever they want to announce. So why even bother attending if you're finding it so excruciating?

Bohemia WANTS us to participate however, because they WANT to interact with us, albeit in a ARG'y way as it may be, it is after all a way to interact.

They put in alot of work to make this fit together, so I don't see why us, the fans, shouldn't be humoring them.

Now seriously, quit the whining and continue solving this. Enough offtopic from me now.

read this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1920345&postcount=4393 to speed up the program

I'm at year 35 now

18OCT07: Ten Rules of War established

10OCT11: Effective end of the Chinese Empire

28JUL14: Outbreak of World War I

03SEP28: Discovery of penicillin

15JUN35: Persia becomes known as Iran

So yeah, can whoever deleted penicillin from the wiki kindly add it back in?

I like the new Persia link, it proves that we're not simply getting a history lesson.

Is it just me or has the forum layout died?

Edited by Daniel

Let me put up a suggestion for you guys: Do not participate.

Thanks for the suggestion mate, but I've been doing plenty of participating (for example, wondering out loud about the significance of the use of "Persia" over "Iran"), and thinking about this. What I was saying is that the clues might, occasionally, be a little too opaque on occasion for us to be able to form a sensible picture of what the endgame is.

Discussing the "evidence" is still allowed on this thread, right?

Edited by SwiftyBoy

That's actually funny that you bring that up. At one point I googled the three words together and got a reference to mills and thought nothing of it. I never would've come up with miller though. But had I mentioned it someone else might have gotten it.

I figured out stone man wheat easily. I gave up for a bit, and started playing The Guild II, and bought a mill as a patron and went... WAIT A WHEAT PICKING SECOND! heh

My bet: at some point, a message not compliant with "real history" will pop-up, providing details about the plot of "whatever-is-going-to-be-released".

For example: "25MAY70: China and Iran invade Europe"

I don't think we have to wait for the counter to reach 2011 to get the clue.

My bet: at some point, a message not compliant with "real history" will pop-up, providing details about the plot of "whatever-is-going-to-be-released".

For example: "25MAY70: China and Iran invade Europe"

I don't think we have to wait for the counter to reach 2011 to get the clue.

That's a possibility. The armaverse is BIS's alternate reality after all.

I'm expecting a reference at 1985 anyway.

it hits Jan 00 and says " 1Jan00 Ok you can stop watching now

then 1Dec00 Ok, we mean it, there's nothing else of importance

1 Jan 01 You really kept the program up this long?

1 Jan 02 Well we can type random stuff to keep you occupied.

1 Jan 03 Give it up allready

LOL

Well, I'm now running the hacked seeker.exe with the monitoring script recording all messages. Let's see what I've got by this time tomorrow.

If anything comes up in the late 20th or earlier 21st century, we were probably not supposed to know it until Saturday or Sunday. :D

Well, I'm now running the hacked seeker.exe with the monitoring script recording all messages. Let's see what I've got by this time tomorrow.

If anything comes up in the late 20th or earlier 21st century, we were probably not supposed to know it until Saturday or Sunday. :D

where is the log file ? of the exe version.

where is the log file ? of the exe version.

Should be created in the same folder. Log.txt.

(The same folder as the watch.exe that is.)

Woot, post 4500.

Ok, well anyways, I'm making another attempt t see where the exe is getting its data from. i think its too small to contain what's been done so far.

Woot, post 4500.

Ok, well anyways, I'm making another attempt t see where the exe is getting its data from. i think its too small to contain what's been done so far.

What, a couple of short strings and a counter?

If they left out all the c++ standard library junk, I see no reason why the exe couldn't be that small.