Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Haven't we worked everything out now?

Would be useful if BIS hinted whether or not we had!

1. New Map / terrain technology - naval units deploying across europe - world will change

2. Naval Units - Submarines

3. Naval SF units - SBS Scott Miller

4. New Physics Engine - Ball smashing wall

5. Location likely based on Greece/Greek Islands and a War of Independence

That's it isn't it?

Maybe in E3 BIS will put their expansion\DLC for ARMA2, as well as show the future project such as ARMA3

anyone going to ITEC tomorrow ??? This may point us in the right direction....

#################

I also encourage ITEC attendees to visit our Innovation Showcase at 1215 on Wednesday, the 11th of May, where you can hear me talk about the VBS2 development roadmap for the next 12 months. We are rapidly heading towards the next generation of VBS technology and this presentation is your chance to get the scoop on the exciting new improvements.

###########################

Haven't we worked everything out now?

Would be useful if BIS hinted whether or not we had!

1. New Map / terrain technology - naval units deploying across europe - world will change

2. Naval Units - Submarines

3. Naval SF units - SBS Scott Miller

4. New Physics Engine - Ball smashing wall

5. Location likely based on Greece/Greek Islands and a War of Independence

That's it isn't it?

That's about where we're at speculation wise, yeah. Hopefully tomorrow's hack will shed some more light on it.

Are you guys aware of the face that the Arma3.com website has existed for a long time now? with the same (unchanged) content. I think it went up right after the launch of arma2. Im pretty sure its unrelated.

Are you guys aware of the face that the Arma3.com website has existed for a long time now? with the same (unchanged) content. I think it went up right after the launch of arma2. Im pretty sure its unrelated.

Yes, but the site's domain was renewed on April 20th, 2011. Aswell as ArmA4.com. Which isn't when domains are usually renewed. Therefore, leading us to believe that BIS has purchased said domain from previous owner. Keeping it in their name. Keeping the site the same. All hush, hush.

But I dunno.

Yes, but the site's domain was renewed on April 20th, 2011. Aswell as ArmA4.com. Which isn't when domains are usually renewed. Therefore, leading us to believe that BIS has purchased said domain from previous owner. Keeping it in their name. Keeping the site the same. All hush, hush.

But I dunno.

Sorry to say so, but that's bullshit!

Domains are renewed after they run out. So if you payed the domain for 2 years, the renewal will be 2 years after your initial purchase/reg.

So it's not by any means an indication that the owner changed. And if you say: They bought it, but they keep the old owners name in it, then it's not an update of the domain registry. The domain still belongs to the other guy unless it's updated in the DB.

Ofc if the owner changes, the Database gets updated.

Edited by Banshee

The indication is that the previous clues all date from late April. So if it's an annual thing, it's very coincidental.

its abundantly clear this ARG is simply building up to a big announcement at E3. i mean, BIS already have a booth...

when defining "late april" as the last half of april, its a chance of 1/24 for having registered in the same time. Not "very coincidental" to me

A good number of the images and clue material has a creation date of April 20. Could be a coincidence but it's a pretty strong one.

Okay, the arma3 and arma4-pages: renewed on april 20th.

creation date of the materials: april, 20th.

hmmn

Someone grabbed the domain over a year ago.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=95541&highlight=arma3.com

and the pics looks the same as back then.

• Copyright © 2009
ARMA 3| Designed by Free CSS Templates| ARMA 3 fan site
This is not the official web site of ARMA 3. This site has no connection with Bohemia Interactive or IDEA Games.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

come on guys rather than arguing about an fanmade Arma3 site

lets try to connect the clues

We could be so more efficient if we all would just concentrate on the important things

Please!

Oh Oh!!!! :(

Was just reading about http://www.carriercommand.com/ and the original game:

(from wiki)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier_Command

*carrier command is naval game (as the name indicates)

*Several islands have greek names and references

*"the world will change" maybe a drastic change?

*The game is set in the near future, where a team of scientists have developed two robotic aircraft carriers to colonise an archipelago of sixty four islands. Unfortunately, the more advanced carrier falls into the hands of a terrorist organization, and they plan to conquer the archipelago for their own evil ends. It is the player's job to use the less advanced carrier to colonise the islands and destroy the enemy carrier.

Ok, I'm just another conspiranoic but: carrier command from BIS will need much more than the simple storyline of the original game....

Oh Oh!!!! :(

Was just reading about http://www.carriercommand.com/ and the original game:

(from wiki)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier_Command

*carrier command is naval game (as the name indicates)

*Several islands have greek names and references

*"the world will change" maybe a drastic change?

*The game is set in the near future, where a team of scientists have developed two robotic aircraft carriers to colonise an archipelago of sixty four islands. Unfortunately, the more advanced carrier falls into the hands of a terrorist organization, and they plan to conquer the archipelago for their own evil ends. It is the player's job to use the less advanced carrier to colonise the islands and destroy the enemy carrier.

Ok, I'm just another conspiranoic but: carrier command from BIS will need much more than the simple storyline of the original game....

You do notice that Carrier Command is a sci-fi game don't you?

it is very unrealistic that they announce Carrier Command

every single clue was strictly related to the Armaverse and was

With ToH BIS also used Arma websites but they did this simply because they were the biggest platforms and this way they could reach the most users

but in this case its different we have the maped found near by spukayevs house the submarine in the arma2 scenery, an CIA agent ( not confirmed he is really part of the CIA) and so on.... so all that is related to Arma and not Sci fi or something like that

but lets get back to the IMPORTANT things: where do you think is the connection between the previous hacks and the latest one which obviously had a focus on Greece

I seriously doubt they will put out ArmA 3 only two years after ArmA2, this isn't call of duty you know.. Call of duty 17: Some op and/or warfare...

where do you think is the connection between the previous hacks and the latest one which obviously had a focus on Greece

The map. Whatever the map is about, will be played in Greece in the ArmA storyline?

Hi Guys...my thoughts

Thanatos (greek lenguage) = Death!

Picture with statue:

Hephaestus = Greek god of fire, engineering, technology and metallurgy

Picture with snake:

name of this "snake" = Anguis Cephallonica / Name of discoverer Werner

File with text:

anthemis werneri

Werner??? Von Braun??

Maybe has something to do

Sry for my bad english ;-)

I seriously doubt they will put out ArmA 3 only two years after ArmA2, this isn't call of duty you know.. Call of duty 17: Some op and/or warfare...

It wouldn't be out of character for any game developer to announce their next title about a year before its planned released at a major gaming industry convention, however. :rolleyes:

So do I, but then I wouldn't expect them to release Arma 3 at the end of this ARG. Just announce that there will be an Arma 3 and that they're working on it for a release in a year or so. Thats my current belief on the matter anyway.

Maybe a 2nd cold war scenario between China and/or Iran and Europe, that for some reason comes to a head on a couple greek islands......:confused:

Who knows, maybe we are reading to much into these clues...