Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Ah, Malden. Not as good as Everon, but a slight step up from Kolgujev. :)

Haha, agreed. Although each had their specialties.

Perhaps ArmA3 will feature a demo which has the old Cold War Crisis campaign, showing off the huge difference between the two engines, so the 10 year old veterans can play it and appreciate why they had to change engines. This will have our favorite OFP maps ported over, etc. Surely that explains all the references to old content which contradicts all the modern day references we've seen.

Edited by Freeborne
Oops I may a boo boo

@Freeborne

For ofp campaigns and islands and other stuff in arma 2 we got cwr2 mod.

abit out of the loop so might be repeating some ppl..

I see people made the link malden = a greek island..

what you reckon is this linked ?

[~P8H8~]r3dp3ga5u5 = [~P8H8~](red pegasus) remember James Gastovski ? well he owned a charter business called "Pegasus air taxis"

and that Hephaestus fella, well he's a god of among other things 'blacksmiths'. Hephaestus' symbols are a Hammer, anvil and tongs.. One of the logo's associated with ofp is of a Hammer and sickle..

Anthemis werneri - I also found some references to a plant that is common to both Greek and Chinese. but I thought it was a little too far fetched so i didn't bother noting details...

Edited by OB1

Anyone thought to check for significance of the avatar [~P8H8~]r3dp3ga5u5 is using?

@OB1 first I've seen any metion of 'Pegausus air taxis" well spotted.

Problem now is, many of the clues are seeming circular in cementing clues already found, but its still not clear if the cement is building anything (scratch head)... maybe boots?

Maybe a continuation of the original OFP story line?

Yes Sir:

NoFu;1917814'][~P8H8~]r3dp3ga5u5 - Avatar:

image.php?u=78292&dateline=1304922337&type=thumb

a hint ?? Can someone translate ?

Supposedly says "Persia"

:bounce3:

Is it me or is the only 1337 letters used 3,5, and 8? and constantly?

Why not 7 and 0?

Why not 7 and 0?

You're right, 7, 0 and also 4 (for A) have not been used, even when it could have been possible. Though they do use 1 in their name (p3r51an 8lacK Hat5 8oy5), which takes us to 1, 3, 5 and 8.

Could those numbers be significant?

You're right, 7, 0 and also 4 (for A) have not been used, even when it could have been possible. Though they do use 1 in their name (p3r51an 8lacK Hat5 8oy5), which takes us to 1, 3, 5 and 8.

1538. make no mistake, there... will... be... fireworks.

which takes us to 1, 3, 5 and 8.

Seems to be a simple mathematical sequence: 1,3,5,8,11,14,17 etc.. or 1,3,5,8,13,21,34,...

Has anyone tried inputting some of our new data into the arma.com/bin/null/thecode link, like we did with miller?

Perhaps there are more "codes" that will fit? Unfortunately I can't try it myself at the moment due to a filter. :o

"greece" would be worth a try. All the hints in the last puzzle pointed toward it.

Why not 7 and 0?

Also in r3dp3ga5u5... only 3 and 5, not 4...

Has anyone tried inputting some of our new data into the arma.com/bin/null/thecode link, like we did with miller?

Perhaps there are more "codes" that will fit? Unfortunately I can't try it myself at the moment due to a filter. :o

"greece" would be worth a try. All the hints in the last puzzle pointed toward it.

Yeah, nothing on that. Tried a few others too. I don't think they're using the same system twice, see the effort they've gone to using a different file hosting site each time. I didn't know there were that many.

Ok guys i found something:

Real World Map:

Latitude 33, Longitude 55 (from Red Pegasus) leads to the center of Iran.

http://www.mapquest.de/mq/maps/latlong.do?pageId=latlong&latLongType=decimal&txtLatitude=33&txtLongitude=55

Latitude 35.1, Longitude 85.5 (from P8H8) leads to center of China.

http://www.mapquest.de/mq/maps/latlong.do?pageId=latlong&latLongType=decimal&txtLatitude=35.1&txtLongitude=85.5

Does this mean anything?

Edited by derdoe
Mixed up Longitude and Latitude

Ok guys i found something:

Real World Map:

Longitude 33, Latitude 55 (from Red Pegasus) leads to the center of Iran.

http://www.mapquest.de/mq/maps/latlong.do?pageId=latlong&latLongType=decimal&txtLatitude=33&txtLongitude=55

Longitude 35.1, Latitude 85.5 (from P8H8) leads to center of China.

http://www.mapquest.de/mq/maps/latlong.do?pageId=latlong&latLongType=decimal&txtLatitude=35.1&txtLongitude=85.5

Does this mean anything?

I can understand 33, 55 because Persia = Iran

And China were mentioned in the PMC campaign

Edited by ArmAriffic

As somebody mention AAN news is silent from Saturday hack and not commenting since then. So Suppose AAN is "somehow" connected with hackers, know their plans. If they have connection to them, they could make interview with PBHB, ask them why they do it? Reason wasn't clearly mentioned in their messages (as what I know). Hackers or terorist like publicity ;). Because I'm lost now, their hints doesn't make sense any more. :confused::)

Because I'm lost now, their hints doesn't make sense any more. :confused::)

Look three posts up, I think we might have just solved a hint. :p

33 55 Iran

35.1 85.5 China

Edited by Daniel

+1 ^

It's seems to be quite random now, which doesn't link up. We have the map, the submarine silhouette, the miller picture, the ball smashing into a wall, and now these.

Look three posts up, I think we might have just solved a hint. :p

33 55 Iran

35.1 85.5 China

Maybe, but how is this connected with Saturday or Monday hack? No connections, I don't see them! Hackers are right "stop fool", "think different" , but how? :)

Nice work on the coordinates.

Still, the whole "Greece" angle is unexplained. We got:

- a text file with the name of a Greek plant.

- an MP3 audio file with the Greek motto.

- an SVG drawing with the number 1821, the year the Greek war of independence began.

- GIF image of a statue of Hephaestus, a Greek god.

- JPEG of a slow worm indigenous to Greece.

- A PNG of a shoe of the Greek royal guards.

Greece, anybody?

Nice work on the coordinates.

Still, the whole "Greece" angle is unexplained. We got:

- a text file with the name of a Greek plant.

- an MP3 audio file with the Greek motto.

- an SVG drawing with the number 1821, the year the Greek war of independence began.

- GIF image of a statue of Hephaestus, a Greek god.

- JPEG of a slow worm indigenous to Greece.

- A PNG of a shoe of the Greek royal guards.

Greece, anybody?

Only "Deus ex machina" (antic term), which we need now. :D

Check back for a post from MattXR, he linked a lot of the Greek clues to the War of Independence.

Came onto the clue wiki at school today, just to check if theres been any development, so i was quite surprised when i found the following written on the countdown link

http://armaenigma.com/index.php?title=Wednesday,_May_11th_2011,_06:00_CEST

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 06:00 CEST

omg. the army was at canberra and they had arma 3 writen on the shirts

As Freebourne on AusArma stated however

Has that since been removed, I only see it in page history.

Posted by someone at school/tafe (Department of Education) in ACT, so maybe it was spam? It does seem very plausible though. If you're going to pitch anything to ADF you'd do it at Canberra.

I think VBS did have a presentation either today or yesterday, but I thought it was somewhere in Sydney at a milsim conference

Its possible it could be someone dicking around, but i am checking up on a couple of Army friends based in Canberra to see whether this is legit or not. Course he could simply not have any idea at all and it did happen...but im gonna check anyways.

Edited by Innomadic