Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

I had dismissed it as my overactive imagination, or a desire to see something that's not there, but now that you guys mention malden, I have to say, I looked up some Arma 2 billboards to see if the ascii art from the animation resembled any of them, and the only thing I located with similar composition (if you kinda squint and use your imagination as to the color conversion algorithm they must have used to make it into text) was the billboard displayed at 0:16 on the page

Which also makes me think that it would mean Greece ends up invading Malden. The reference to 1821 is to the Greek War of Independence, seizing their opportunity when the superpowers of the time were distracted.

Edited by dwringer

worm looks like snake, lol

Am i missing something xd

Lizzard without legs.Completely harmless.A desperate military extension in the meaning of this clue would be the Greek Lizzard Camo.Depending how much imagination is allowed,all the clues could have, more or less, some flashpoint hints, even the innocent endangered plant on Agios Efstratios island(see cancelled NATO exercise in the area Feb/2007).

BTW Pegasus was carrying thunders from Hephaustus workshop to Olympus .

Lizzard without legs.Completely harmless.A desperate military extension in the meaning of this clue would be the Greek Lizzard Camo.

Speaking of the 'Lizzard' camo pattern. I remember thinking that the pattern used to make the 'camouflage.jpg' stereogram released last week, looked like it had a similar appearance to some 'Lizzard' uniform variants

From the OFP: CWC article on wikipedia, the latest edit (just today!):

(cur | prev) 22:24, 9 May 2011 178.105.169.206 (talk) (16,603 bytes) (→Reception: working on merging new graphics engine with opf (got alot of work to do)) (undo)

The edit added a bullet point to the Reception heading (citing reviews and such):

* I have taken it upon myself to try and improve the game with a better engine merging the game with a better operating engine will be hard but challenging wish me luck ILL need it

But, that IP looks to be a T-Mobile account from the UK. So this might be a complete non sequitur.

Interestingly, it was done precisely 1 minute after Neopas' comment directly above, if my timezone estimations are correct.

Edited by dwringer

gotta be greek island based large map (i.e. terrain paging/streaming), lots of water and (7) islands, subs/naval units with SBS based SF units, improved physics engine (and other RV updates) and campaign centered around China/Iran invading across the Green Sea (and its islands).

Edited by Tupolov
7 greek files = 7 islands?

@theo: i really doubt GIBS3000 is a nikon s3000.i think i have a friend with one, will check tmrw

I do too. The final image was obviously not made with a camera. I wonder what the other photos from the Take On arg said in the metadata.

Astute/statue anagram? or should we focus on the passwords?or am I losing it?

Well spotted! Still want to know what MattXR's grinning about though...

Well spotted! Still want to know what MattXR's grinning about though...

Same.... very curious.....

just piecing the puzzle togther... lol

just piecing the puzzle togther... lol

It's a community. If you've found out some more information, let us know! No matter how you found it out.

Astute/statue anagram? or should we focus on the passwords?or am I losing it?

I too noticed this, glad Im not the only one. Hope its relevant :cool:

im working on it! btw what do we need the passwords for ?? :S

We don't know, they just seemed very deliberate. :p

I don't know if it's ArmA 3. ArmA3.com is currently registered through the registrar joker.com. But arma2.com is registered through register.com. Would they be using two different registars? bistudio.com is registered through register.com as well.

ArmA 1 is registered through register.com by Marek Spanel

ArmA 2 through register.com by Marek Spanel

BIStudio reigstered through register.com by Marek Spanel

ArmA 3 is registered through joker.com by Viktor Mrnustik in Karlovy Vary with what is obviously a fake phone number.

All are registered within CZ, Czech Republic.

Edited by Nicholas

I don't know if it's ArmA 3. ArmA3.com is currently registered through the registrar joker.com. But arma2.com is registered through register.com. Would they be using two different registars? bistudio.com is registered through register.com as well.

ArmA 3 is registered through joker.com by Viktor Mrnustik in Karlovy Vary with what is obviously a fake phone number.

Are you able not to search websites names but companies who own domains? Take on helicopters is registered though something which stops u seeing what it is...

NoFu;1918820']Holy Cow !!! CWC Reloaded ?

You guys sure it's a mod or something BIS related?

EDIT: Okay, I see.

Edited by antoineflemming

The website for Take on Helicopters is indeed using a discreet registration, but all of the ArmA websites and BIStudio is not using discreet registration.

Registrant:

Domain Discreet

Just read the site. It says

| ARMA 3 fan site

This is not the official web site of ARMA 3. This site has no connection with Bohemia Interactive or IDEA Games.

Perhaps something of importance, but keywords and tags used in registration of Arma3.com

Arma 3

Description: PC game Arma 3

Keywords: arma, arma3, 3, 2, arma2

Tags: arma, com, game, games, bohemia, free, idea, css, interactive, contact, home, templates, this, site, which, web, will, was, called,

Damn, never actually went to the ArmA 3 website lol. Thought I was on to something there. Either way, I doubt it's ArmA 3.

Does malden have a history of greece? Anyone find the background information on malden in the OFP Story? or is it purly real life malden...

What happened in CWC Campaign? Any kind of revolution? think that was more Resistance expansion but that was nogova... :S

Does malden have a history of greece? Anyone find the background information on malden in the OFP Story? or is it purly real life malden...

What happened in CWC Campaign? Any kind of revolution? think that was more Resistance expansion but that was nogova... :S

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Malden

I never liked Malden, its color palette basically consisted of birdshit yellow, birdshit green and for some reason purple.

I never liked Malden, its color palette basically consisted of birdshit yellow, birdshit green and for some reason purple.

I loved Malden, but I think mainly because of the OFP demo... :p It was the first island where you had the freedom that this game series has! Driving off in that jeep in the demo mission and NOT following directions. :yay:

Well Lefkada (Malden) History "The myth about Sappho's suicide at Cape Lefkada is related to other myths linking the island to the ancient Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite" Well Aphrodite was married to Hephaestus so i think thats that link cracked too...

I remember the Avon Lady when she first posted some news about OFP2... it said "Operation Flashpoint 2 will feature three different theatres of combat set in environments across Southeast Asia, Central Europe and Africa." but then codem stole the name... then that game.. dissapeared off the map :/

Thinking of Flashpoint Days .. Ahh brings back too many good memories haha Attacking that airport!

Edited by MattXR