Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

It`s called konaki in greek, that lizzard.

yes, thougt I saw a v.

But I doubt this has something to do with it...

Guys stop talking about nVidia and ATI it has nothing to do with anything lol ^^ take that disscusion into offtopic* lol

hmm Lizzard maybe in reference to Hephaestus :s

What I am wondering is: what is the sense of the text file with p8h8 in it. It currently seems pretty useless as it does not add to the greek theme and doesnt help solving the passwords or something. So what could it hint to?

P8 H8 maybe something like on map grid something like this(example), and we need to put on map we recived from early hack, the map that was treassure and make A to P grids and same ammount of numbers and we mabye get some secret location :O

:D

P8 H8 maybe something like on map grid something like this(example), and we need to put on map we recived from early hack, the map that was treassure and make A to P grids and same ammount of numbers and we mabye get some secret location :O

:D

That theory has been suggested and explored but no meaningful results came from it.

The literal meaning of the initial P8H8 is Persian Black Hat Boys. The Bs are replaced with 8s in l33tspeak, the pidgin of hackers.

Edited by Max Power

Don't know if that can help, i found some info about the slow worm, it it found in Eurasia in general, I was hoping for a signle location but it's pretty large... And it's name in greek is kovaki , but it's wrote with greek letters and I couldn't copy them so...

kovaki sounds from east europe to me, a name maybe...

This has come up before in the thread:

The one pictured is a particular species of slow worm called a Peloponnese Slow Worm (the picture BIS used is from this site).

This particular species is apparently unique to a few Greek islands in the Ionian Sea:

http://www.iucnredlist.org/apps/redlist/details/61467/0

This has come up before in the thread:

The one pictured is a particular species of slow worm called a Peloponnese Slow Worm (the picture BIS used is from this site).

This particular species is apparently unique to a few Greek islands in the Ionian Sea:

http://www.iucnredlist.org/apps/redlist/details/61467/0

worm looks like snake, lol

Am i missing something xd

It lives in Malden!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously

Look at the zoomed map

It lives in Malden!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the only one without a real file name and without a password, so it was my thought that it was to draw your attention to the filenames and passwords in the archives.

i agree

still, been trying all sorts fo gimmicks with the file names and passwords, and i can't seem to find a pattern or rule for using those.

unkown, missing pieces:

1. gibs3000

2. a proper conclusion to today's hack

i still don't see a relation between the clues.

It lives in Malden!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously

Look at the zoomed map

It lives in Malden!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are absolutely right! Seems too unlikely to be a coincidence.

worm looks like snake, lol

Am i missing something xd

Alright, Marko, it's time to start reading the thread and / or the wiki.

The Slow Worm is not a snake, it is a lizard without legs. Slow Worm is the common name for such an animal.

i agree

still, been trying all sorts fo gimmicks with the file names and passwords, and i can't seem to find a pattern or rule for using those.

unkown, missing pieces:

1. gibs3000

2. a proper conclusion to today's hack

i still don't see a relation between the clues.

Here's the page about unsolved clues. There's no real information about GIBS3000 Timeborer except that it was mentioned yet, though.

GIBS3000 Timerborer was mentioned in the creation software metadata. S3000 is a kind of camera made by Nikon. Cameras produce images. That's the only thing I could get out of it so far.

Yay !

I was sure there was something we were missing about that snake :)

It mauy even be An Island ingame :D

thanks da12thMonkey and mankyle ^^

woho nice find, yeah actuly there is malden on map, uper left island red one

http://www.iucnredlist.org/apps/redlist/details/61467/0/rangemap real

http://www.theofpfaq.ashnav.co.il/misc/realislands.htm ingame

Looks like we now have a solid link to OFP(2 hacks leading eventually to the real-world locales of Malden etc), so it is likely this has got something to do with OFP's 10th birthday:yay:

Looks like we now have a solid link to OFP(2 hacks leading eventually to the real-world locales of Malden etc), so it is likely this has got something to do with OFP's 10th birthday:yay:

Wish for flashpoint map pack for arma 2 :D

ahh memories :)

I wonder if there are similar historic / naturalistic details of the other items indicated to in the other files.

nice spot mankyle...should have though about the relation between greece, OFp and the lizard earlier

@theo: i really doubt GIBS3000 is a nikon s3000.i think i have a friend with one, will check tmrw

Damn look at me I should be working and I'm searching the internet for clues and links xD

A rather tenuous link can be made between the statue of Hephaestus and Kolgugev as well.

Hephaestus was the Greek god of volcanoes (the word being derived from Vulcan - the Roman equivalent of Hephaestus), and Kolgugev is based on Tenerife, where Mount Teide (a volcano) is.

I think the establishing the link to Greece (and possible Malden) is the ultimate aim of today's hack though.

Edited by da12thMonkey

So we now know the Greece References are related to Malden, OFP. Well the Worm is anyways :D ! Finally a Clue Really Solved haha ^^ Good work people!! now for the rest! :d

i think im just gonna stay away from this thread until what we have been waiting its released

just to hard to follow until each hack is updated lol

A rather tenuous link can be made between the statue of Hephaestus and Kolgugev as well.

Hephaestus was the Greek god of volcanoes (the word being derived from Vulcan - the Roman equivalent of Hephaestus), and Kolgugev is based on Tenerife, where Mount Teide (a volcano) is.

I think the establishing the link to Greece (and possible Malden) is the ultimate aim of today's hack though.

yyeah, i think that was missing link :)

waiting for next hack :P