Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

We should make a list of unsolved clues or suspicious bits of information in their contexts. I'm not exactly sure what the best way to do that is in the current structure of the armaenigma wiki.

ok "blackmamba" well....

i would really like to post something like pufu but no i will stay calm and nice and explain it to you

"black hat" is not stolen from backseat boys....

it means "they" ( the ones who do all this are not real hackers in case you dont know)

are "hackers"that want to harm certain parties in opposite of "white hats" which are "good" hackers

so this just means "they" are "evil"

got it?

ok!!

stop ignorance, think fools, nothing diffrence?

building sentnce with pw or bringing the pw with pic in line?

Tensions are wearing thin, let's hope some one doesn't go crazy and kill the forum server...

a good weapon: confusion.

I sure the hack is today is distraction

stop ignorance, think fools, nothing diffrence

means a lot of sense

Surely A3 shouldnt be coming out yet, so much life left in A2 and OA, and PC's are only just capable of running it looking really nice now.
And I just switched to ATI after years with Nvidia :j:

Amidst all the white noise, two posts I can heartily agree with.

The whole marketing campaign is just getting frustrating now. Yes, copy the good aspects of Valve, but this silliness is to Arma what hats are to TF2. Less ARG and more ARGH!

If Bis have gone with an Nvidia gimmick, they'll be throwing away a good proportion of their customers, many, many of whom upgraded their machines specifically to run Arma 2 decently well.

Come on, Bis, don't let us down with the reveal... .

We should make a list of unsolved clues or suspicious bits of information in their contexts. I'm not exactly sure what the best way to do that is in the current structure of the armaenigma wiki.

Right, i've tried to get the ball rolling, check the main wiki page. Good idea/bad idea?

yeah 42 hours is too much, once a day would be better, Living in France I have to wait until wenesday at 6 am :(

I'm going to find those hackers and kick their butts so hard that there will be one hack every minute after that

Amidst all the white noise, two posts I can heartily agree with.

The whole marketing campaign is just getting frustrating now. Yes, copy the good aspects of Valve, but this silliness is to Arma what hats are to TF2. Less ARG and more ARGH!

If Bis have gone with an Nvidia gimmick, they'll be throwing away a good proportion of their customers, many, many of whom upgraded their machines specifically to run Arma 2 decently well.

Come on, Bis, don't let us down with the reveal... .

this is just funny guys that you thinking that bis gona ignore ATI, cmon, would you do that if you were them??

ofcourse not

Oki guys ive been doing my head in trying to solve the whole greece thing.. this is what i have so far... :

The Hack Picture of the Shoe of the Greek Royal Guards

The unit is famous around the world for its unique traditional uniform, which has evolved from the clothes worn by the klephts[1] who fought the Ottoman occupation of Greece.
The Hack Motto of Greece
It arose during the Greek War of Independence in the 1820s, where it was a war cry for the Greeks who rebelled against Ottoman rule.
Ottoman Empire

It was usually referred to as the Ottoman Empire, the Turkish Empire or more commonly Turkey by its contemporaries

The Hack of Picture "Shows a picture with number 1821"

Year 1821 Greece declares its independence. Beginning of the Greek War of Independence.
I see a trend appearing... :/

The Hack of Statue of Hephaestus ( A Picture of Hephaestus at the Forge

The Temple of Hephaestus - In the 7th century, the temple was converted to the Church of St. George Akamas. The east end was given a semi-circular apse and walled in to form a modest square building. In the early 19th century, this temple-turned-church became a burial place for many Protestants and those who died in the Greek War of Independence in 1821.
The only thing i cant really link to the War of Independence is Plant and Worm Edited by MattXR

Right, i've tried to get the ball rolling, check the main wiki page. Good idea/bad idea?

Looks great! I'll put them int he context of their chronology and I think it's a great start to the page!

O Y u

i M R

3 G U

C V E

E T K

d Y J

a V I

M A C

G a V

y n b

4 I o

O O 1

6 9 0

7 S 9

not sure if anyone has decoded the miltary swatch yet, but thats whats in it...

What I am wondering is: what is the sense of the text file with p8h8 in it. It currently seems pretty useless as it does not add to the greek theme and doesnt help solving the passwords or something. So what could it hint to?

Well, assuming that this is leading up to a possible ArmA3, or a new, very large expansion. Maybe these clues are leading towards a new setting in Greece, or the Mediterranean in general due to the whole Iranian thing.

This feeling of enthusiasm is nice to have again, if the NVIDIA idea is right and they do partner up somehow and vastly overhaul the engine to be even more realistic i'd go crazy.

If bis had partnered with Nvidia and used in the engine the proprietary crap that is called physx, me and I assure you many more people would have a problem, a big one.

O Y u

i M R

3 G U

C V E

E T K

d Y J

a V I

M A C

G a V

y n b

4 I o

O O 1

6 9 0

7 S 9

not sure if anyone has decoded the miltary swatch yet, but thats whats in it...

That was solved days ago. See the wiki page posted just about every other page in this topic for the last few days.

Passwords / Filenames 

Filename / Password 
name / ignorance 
sound / think 
draw / stop 
statue / difference 
animal / fools 
thing / nothing

I think we should google password + filename words. If that doesn't leads us anywhere, then we should integrate extrated content.

Soon i gonna start smashing my head into desk thinking i'm dumb.

Edited by Gedis

If bis had partnered with Nvidia and used in the engine the proprietary crap that is called physx, me and I assure you many more people would have a problem, a big one.

NO way, OFP+ArmA has always been the 'Linux among pc games'

statue / difference

The statue is of a God who was thrown out for being "lame" (crippled).

Statue = Discrimination for being different?

Don't know if that can help, i found some info about the slow worm, it it found in Eurasia in general, I was hoping for a signle location but it's pretty large... And it's name in greek is kovaki , but it's wrote with greek letters and I couldn't copy them so...

kovaki sounds from east europe to me, a name maybe...

this is just funny guys that you thinking that bis gona ignore ATI, cmon, would you do that if you were them??

ofcourse not

It wouldn't be the first time a company would make an arrangement like that, see the whole "The Way It's Meant To Be Played" thing, and Arkham Assylum and Mafia 2 using the Physx crap.

The problem of course is that Physx was just a gimmick in those games, a small visual enhancement, where as what BIS seems to want to do with physics is integral to the game.

Of course, I trust BiS not screwing us ATI users, for now, and I'm hoping they're going the OpenCL way, with Bullet physics, which can be intergrated with Digital Molecular Matter, Havok and/or any other middleware that can be accelerated by any directcompute/opencl capable gpu, which both ATI and Nvidia have.

Foolish Animals. Some strange short film that repeats the phrase animal fools over and over, and ends in nuclear annihilation. Bit of a weird one.

Don't know if that can help, i found some info about the slow worm, it it found in Eurasia in general, I was hoping for a signle location but it's pretty large... And it's name in greek is kovaki , but it's wrote with greek letters and I couldn't copy them so...

kovaki sounds from east europe to me, a name maybe...

It`s called konaki in greek, that lizzard.

What I am wondering is: what is the sense of the text file with p8h8 in it. It currently seems pretty useless as it does not add to the greek theme and doesnt help solving the passwords or something. So what could it hint to?

It's the only one without a real file name and without a password, so it was my thought that it was to draw your attention to the filenames and passwords in the archives.