Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

looks like early arma1 pics, before it was released

Maybe, but the destruction is more advanced, and, as I stated, similar to the ASCII image of the wall collapsing. More specifically, this pic:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/opf23.jpg

EDIT: Marko beat me to it.

looks like early arma1 pics, before it was released

9. 8. 2005, 06:37:17 is when it was posted there supposedly.

Pretty sure that's ArmA.

Maybe, but the destruction is more advanced, and, as I stated, similar to the ASCII image of the wall collapsing. More specifically, this pic:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/opf23.jpg

Pretty sure they showed some decent physics in the past but never put them in the final version for various reasons. I remember something similar for ArmA 2 a few years back.

Edited by BOTA:49

so im thinking they had progresive destruction, but didnt optimized very well and had big impact on preformance, and now they polished it and its now runing fine and they will implement in arma2.

mabye it was in arma2 whole time but wasnt activated :)

Game 2 for a while had the prospect of having dynamic destruction of buildings, it was dropped. That screen is Game 2 before it became Arma 2 and I THINK after it was Ofp 2, how much of it that stayed over we don't know.

Heres more screens, note the Huey, AAV, BTR-90, etc. All before Arma1 was released and ended up in Arma 2. Also see the damaged building.

http://www.theofpfaq.ashnav.co.il/ofp2/ofp2gallery.htm

Pure speculation coming up.

ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead was called arma2oa.exe. The nVidia control panel lists arma2free.exe and arma3.exe. So far I assumed that this hints at a free release of ArmA2 or a subset of it. What if the name of the next expansion has something "free" in the name? "ArmA 2: Free Europe" or whatever.

Also, notice how long this is going on already. For Take On Helicopter, I think they had four days or so. This is a week already. If they take four days for one game, one week has to be two ;)

So: ArmA 2 expansion when OFP:CWC turns ten, and ArmA 3 somewhere next year?

Dunno... probably bollocks :)

Pure speculation coming up.

ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead was called arma2oa.exe. The nVidia control panel lists arma2free.exe and arma3.exe. So far I assumed that this hints at a free release of ArmA2 or a subset of it. What if the name of the next expansion has something "free" in the name? "ArmA 2: Free Europe" or whatever.

Also, notice how long this is going on already. For Take On Helicopter, I think they had four days or so. This is a week already. If they take four days for one game, one week has to be two ;)

So: ArmA 2 expansion when OFP:CWC turns ten, and ArmA 3 somewhere next year?

Dunno... probably bollocks :)

Pretty straight forward:

Arma2.exe - Yay, Razor team!

Arma2OA.exe - Takistani scum hideout.

Arma2free.exe - Free version with limited capabilities/low resolution textures ala BAF (lite)

Arma3.exe - New stand alone game that is about to be announced in mid May/June, with subsequent release in 2011Q4 or 2012. ;)

Arma3demo.exe - Demo of the above.

Is nVidia liable for the loss of excitement in lieu of BIS announcing it themselves? :eek: :yay:

Is nVidia liable for the loss of excitement in lieu of BIS announcing it themselves? :eek: :yay:

Or was it the PersianBlackHatChapies infiltrating NVIDIA that spurned BIS to take serious action and create a diversion in the form of a puzzle? :eek:

The truth is out there.

Have we yet to solve any of the latest hacks? What do those pictures mean?

no "Arma2free.exe" in my nvidia control panel, i just have:

Arma3.exe

Arma3demo.exe

... looks like nvidia stole bi the show :o

edit: ok i also have the "Arma2free.exe" in my nvidia control panel

Edited by PeterBitt

Have we yet to solve any of the latest hacks? What do those pictures mean?

Most of them seem to be related to Greece in some way.

no "Arma2free.exe" in my nvidia control panel, i just have:

Arma3.exe

Arma3demo.exe

... looks like nvidia stole bi the show :o

No way !

So Arma 3 is coming soon I guess :D

Yaaay !

No way !

So Arma 3 is coming soon I guess :D

Yaaay !

hey iam just speculating, but the control panel entrys/profiles are a fact.

unfortunately i have a apple keybord on my pc and cant make screenshots with it.

In reality it makes sense, NVIDIA would have everything to gain. Another game sponsorship, BIS has always flirted with the idea of a far more detailed destruction system. NVIDIA probably gave them an offer to help finally get that done.

It's not far fetched to think BIS finally has decided to update the physics engine entirely.

I don't know if anybody has pointed this out yet, as too many pages to read. But on the map the arrow in Scotland is roughly pointing to Her Majesty's Naval Base (HMNB) Clyde.

Edited by LordTedrick

i see a cooperation with bf3 and frostbite engine 2.0 Dice cooperating with BIS:D Bf3´s MP on Map sizes of Chernarus or Takistan & all editing options and BF3´s sound. let me dream:rolleyes:

In reality it makes sense, NVIDIA would have everything to gain. Another game sponsorship, BIS has always flirted with the idea of a far more detailed destruction system. NVIDIA probably gave them an offer to help finally get that done.

besides, in this day and age with games like bad company 2 having everything being able to be blown up with ragdolls everywhere, the reality engine was starting to look a little dated.

arma has always been good when it comes to statistical realism (weapon ranges, textures, etc) but the engine is terrible at simulated realism (destruction, physics, AI). a new arma game MUST offer more of the latter as opposed to even more parallax mapping on sand textures.

I don't know if anybody has pointed this out yet, as too many pages to read. But on the map the arrow in Scotland is roughly pointing to Her Majesty's Naval Base (HMNB) Clyde.

Someone did mention the arrows pointing to British Bases in general a few pages back, but I'm not sure that is an entirely correct assesment. Nether the less, it is interesting that you bring up a similar point.

This whole Greek link in the last hack has confused matters somewhat. However there is British involvement in border peacekeeping operations between Greece and Turkey on Cyprus. Perhaps this potential flashpoint (an unikely one these days though) is linking the clues?

Better physics, ..and don't say I didn't tell you!

Omg dreaming is good :)

Pretty straight forward:

Arma2free.exe - Free version with limited capabilities/low resolution textures ala BAF (lite)

Utter bull they will never release it in that state they won't leave ArmA2 unfinished they did not do that with Arrmed assault eather nor with OFP CWC.

hey iam just speculating, but the control panel entrys/profiles are a fact.

unfortunately i have a apple keybord on my pc and cant make screenshots with it.

The control panal entrys are also on my nvidea settings so, thats why i strongly believe it is for real tbh. Never the less we can still be off track on a lot of other speculations!

Edited by KBourne

This feeling of enthusiasm is nice to have again, if the NVIDIA idea is right and they do partner up somehow and vastly overhaul the engine to be even more realistic i'd go crazy.

Arma 2 is the greatest game I've ever played, but if Arma 3 comes, then I can say goodbye to my social life !

Anyway, what about the greece stuff ? I saw the pics and everything but,

did anyone find something ? ideas ?