Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Some my thought:

Autostereogram from friday is very similar with sonar picture http://prometheus.med.utah.edu/~bwjones/wp-content/uploads/iblog/Sonar%20plot.jpg , can be or doesn't need to be coincidence, but wednesdays hint also suggest something about submarine.

Probably accidental (wanted) google finding:

GIBS - generalized iterative Bayesian simulation

Bayesian refers to methods in probability and statistics named after the Reverend Thomas Bayes (ca. 1702–1761)

Some simulation models of Naval Air Defense use a Bayesian Simulation

http://faculty.nps.edu/ncrowe/oldstudents/threemodels.htm )

I do not want insist what hacker want say to us, only say my ideas, findings.

Edited by BoboCZ

I do believe that Take On Helicopters takes place within the Armaversum. So it is related to ArmA it just isn't ArmA.

Take On may (like their interview stated) have helicopter sim elements brought into a new BIS game, if not existing ones, which is great from my perspective, being an X-Plane fan (74 gigs of sim goodness) . Lookup tables can still be fun... :P

2011.5: Take On Iranistan.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Err, I mean the interview said they may incorporate more accurate models into the armaverse that they've learned to use from TOH.

GIBS3000 is an app used to make make one of the pictures. One was made with CS4, one with CS2 and one with GIBS3000.

Never heard of an app called GIBS3000.

GIBS3000 is an app used to make make one of the pictures. One was made with CS4, one with CS2 and one with GIBS3000.

Never heard of an app called GIBS3000.

that is because there is no such application

Edited by PuFu

that is because there is no such application

Exactly

But they still put it in as an application, so are they hinting to something by that?

Exactly

But they still put it in as an application, so are they hinting to something by that?

My thinking is that it's either a hint, or a piece of BIS software. More than likely the former.

Also I very much doubt it has anything to do with a sub sim. I'd imagine too much info is restricted for an authentic simulation to be possible.

I think we'll see a fictional Astute class submarine with a name beginning with A, kind of like the fictional Wasp class USS Khe Sanh. It would make a nice counter part gameplay-wise, with the Khe Sanh providing Marines and air cover, and the Astute class providing covert deployment and TLAM strikes.

3000 posts. Blimey.

Edited by Daniel

Howdy all.

I was just chatting to a person from Iran in another game I was playing and I asked her if she can help translate the message.

she said its

"whatever happen to us, comes from ourselves"

Someone else might of already answered this but I cant be stuffed checking through the last 60 pages.

Acturally, this should be the first correct translate, it just that the people here are so full of the idea about "new engine" stuff that no one bother to translate those words.

There's a timer for it, I just can't remember where the link to the timer is. It's at 12:00 CEST Monday.

I also feel that the "what comes from us..." is the correct translation. It's kind of like saying that we are responsible for our own downfall. As in, if the world is destroyed by Nuclear weapons, then it's our own fault for creating those weapons in the first place.

I know I keep going off with the possible scifi theme, which it's probably not. But looking t the hints we have so far, with attack plans set for an estimated date, a sub that isn't yet in use, TimeBorer. Kind of gives me the feeling that the Persian group is either hackin through time or travelled back in time, or have learned of a potential future through some sort of device and are attempting to warn us.

I know it's not likely but it's what I get from the clues.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

To add a little to that, the attack plans were set for a past date, so should have already happened. And the first clue mentioned that they were saved after discovering Spukeyev's files, so they stopped the war. So it's possible that the war was meant to start with the bombing of Red Square but Razor Team's efforts changed the future.

I was also thinking that the GIBs thing could just be an internal software thing that they use. It could be a hint though but it is seemingly one hell of a hint.

Hackers are 'Persian'. Submarine and solder is British. Chinese characters implies China is involved somehow. If all 3 forces are to play a part in-game, surely that's too much to introduce in an expansion?

Armed Assault released Feb 2007 (ex Czech)

Queen's Gambit Sep 2007

ArmA 2 released June 2009

Operation Arrowhead June 2010

ArmA 3 to be released July 2011 perhaps.

Why not, they're grown in size, including BISims. Perhaps by giving us advanced notice they are also paying respect to developers, not wanting them to put in months of work and release a product that becomes obsolete in a matter of weeks.

Surely there is more to the photos of Miller. All 3 images have a ghost image (like 3D). The 'soldier number' to far right is heavily ghosted at the start of the number, and decreases until the final two numbers have no ghosting at all. The text on left has no ghosting whatsoever but the image above is heavily ghosted. It's too noticeable to have been a BIS mistake.

Hackers are 'Persian'. Submarine and solder is British. Chinese characters implies China is involved somehow. If all 3 forces are to play a part in-game, surely that's too much to introduce in an expansion?

Armed Assault released Feb 2007 (ex Czech)

Queen's Gambit Sep 2007

ArmA 2 released June 2009

Operation Arrowhead June 2010

ArmA 3 to be released July 2011 perhaps.

Why not, they're grown in size, including BISims. Perhaps by giving us advanced notice they are also paying respect to developers, not wanting them to put in months of work and release a product that becomes obsolete in a matter of weeks.

Surely there is more to the photos of Miller. All 3 images have a ghost image (like 3D). The 'soldier number' to far right is heavily ghosted at the start of the number, and decreases until the final two numbers have no ghosting at all. The text on left has no ghosting whatsoever but the image above is heavily ghosted. It's too noticeable to have been a BIS mistake.

I think they would've announced that by now... but I would be all for that surprise. I would be quite happy.

When will the next hack happen at UTC?

Men, I think we must regard it as a merchandise.

If it is worth $9.99, how will it be?

If it is worth $49.99, how will it be?

You cannot wish BIS will merge so many features into only one program and sell it once.

Maybe the ball hitting the wall isnt a new physics engine but links to

an 18th century Sailing ship complete with Cannons :p

Fits in with the whole navy thing :p

Maybe the ball hitting the wall isnt a new physics engine but links to

an 18th century Sailing ship complete with Cannons :p

Fits in with the whole navy thing :p

Yeah, only the time period is a little off... :rolleyes:

If in the very minute chance it isn't some sort of physics engine upgrade, we shall launch a forum attack on Dwarden for getting our hopes up. Prepare the trolls Iroquois Pliskin!

trollface-emoticon-4.gif

Edited by WackyIraqi
forgot img tags :P

Yeah, only the time period is a little off... :rolleyes:

Well we never did see the Chernarussian or Takistani Navy. Maybe there were a little lacking in naval technology :p (by about 200 years)

or we get some pirate game.

Pirates of the Green Sea - Search for Spukayev Chest :p

Well we never did see the Chernarussian or Takistani Navy. Maybe there were a little lacking in naval technology :p (by about 200 years)

or we get some pirate game.

Pirates of the Green Sea - Search for Spukayev Chest :p

Where exactly would the Takistani Navy be based? Lake Charsu? :icon_rolleyes:

Does anyone have the PDF from BIS's presentation/handout at ITSEC last fall? That I think will shed quite a number of clues on what we could be expecting, at least from what they mentioned about the US Army wanting in VBS.

Stuff like 400x400Km terrains and other things the current engines could not handle with out a major overhaul.

Has anyone else noticed the recent gap in OA/CO beta patches? Looking back through my beta notification mails, I would say that there were normally about 1-2 betas per week, on average, with the occasional two week break.

But the last OA beta patch 79600 was released on April 1st - almost six weeks ago.

Then look at the last Arma2 (non-OA) beta build number: 80665. Notice the 1000+ builds that have happened since April 1st? All that just to implement v2 signatures into Arma2? I think not.

Something big is afoot.

Has anyone else noticed the recent gap in OA/CO beta patches? Looking back through my beta notification mails, I would say that there were normally about 1-2 betas per week, on average, with the occasional two week break.

But the last OA beta patch 79600 was released on April 1st - almost six weeks ago.

Then look at the last Arma2 (non-OA) beta build number: 80665. Notice the 1000+ builds that have happened since April 1st? All that just to implement v2 signatures into Arma2? I think not.

Something big is afoot.

Oh man, looking forward to this next hack. I haven't been this excited since ArmA 1 was announced... Looking forward to whatever it is...

*Please be ArmA 3...*

I think we just keep skipping over the fact that the arma3.exe is in the Nvidia profiles. Surely this is a given that it's ArmA 3? Or atleast ArmA 3 is in the pipeline?