Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

This GIBS3000 is really a mystery. From Wikipedia:

"GIB may refer to:

GPS Intelligent Buoys, surface buoys manufactured by ACSA, France, used to track underwater devices with metric accuracy"

Not much...:confused_o:

Hmm. Listening devices perhaps? They're a massive part of submarine warfare. And with the Astute class supposedly the quietest attack sub in the world when they enter service...

That, admittedly, is a bit of a stretch.

Edited by Daniel

This GIBS3000 is really a mystery. From Wikipedia:

"GIB may refer to:

GPS Intelligent Buoys, surface buoys manufactured by ACSA, France, used to track underwater devices with metric accuracy"

Not much...:confused_o:

'Not much...'?

Well it seems relevant to the submarine hint.

GPS Intelligent Buoys, ASTUTE submarine, member of the SBS, it looks like bits of the puzzle are slowly coming together.. :yay:

maybe: nothing related to the ArmA 2 world but..

....a submarine simulator standalone title!

..nah: improved physics. And don't wake me up :)

'Not much...'?

Well it seems relevant to the submarine hint.

GPS Intelligent Buoys, ASTUTE submarine, member of the SBS, it looks like bits of the puzzle are slowly coming together.. :yay:

Yeah, but it's GIBS. GIBS3000..

And don't forget TimeBorer..:confused:

whatever happen to us, comes from ourselves
...or others, could just point out to the gullible people that this whole thing is infact done by BIS on themselves? Edited by SAbre4809

Speculating on subject, it's quite probable to be naval/sub simulator.

From PcGamer interview:

"Taking one small aspect, stripping it out and completely rebuilding it with focus and attention–that’s a pretty motivating challenge."

"We see a great potential for future instalments of the Arma series by moving much closer to reign of flight simulators (Read naval simulators); however, this would be impossible to achieve if we tried to do it in a project of the scale and variety of Arma 2, rather than a dedicated development."

I think it's logical to improve and refine different aspects of game in standalone projects and then finally merge it into GAME3.

Remember they were working on improved maritime warfare simulations for VBS 2 as stated in this document I posted two or three days ago:

http://distribution.bisimulations.com/docs/VBS2_Maritime_Discussion_Paper.pdf

And they have added sonobuoys and torpedoes in VBS 2 1.50 as stated in the content guide for VBS2 1.50

http://resources.bisimulations.com/contentnew/

BTW, they have added a LCAC Hovercraft with physiX

Sure a ENEMY attack plan writen in english?

Firstly, what makes you think its an ENEMY attack plan? And second, they wanted us to find it. Because they gave us all these clues. This could be bigger then we originaly expected.

Coverd operations, rogue intellegence, black ops :j: ? Who knows

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Damm, this thread is growing so fast! I can't even keep up with what people are saying anymore XD.

I am still very curious though, its funny when I think that when I first read about the hack I thought someone was playing a joke.

Anyway, have we already had a breakthrough, a Eureka moment?

I also found some info on gibs, not sure if its useful though but interesting. It could be this that will be added to the game. It also says

"To "gib" one's opponents (pronounced either /ˈdʒɪb/ or /ˈɡɪb/) is to hit them with such force (often with explosives) that they rupture."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gib_(video_gaming)

Gibs is also used short for gilbratar sometimes apparently. The image also looks like some sort of 3d image. I dont have a 3d tv or those red blue glases. Maybe someone with it could confirm that it is in fact a 3d image. Could be some clue to 3d being fully implemented in the game.

I also found some info on gibs, not sure if its useful though but interesting. It could be this that will be added to the game. It also says

"To "gib" one's opponents (pronounced either /ˈdʒɪb/ or /ˈɡɪb/) is to hit them with such force (often with explosives) that they rupture."

Thats what I was thinking: SLX mod has GIBS -that is, ruptured human beings and seperated body parts. Increased gore perhaps?

The image also looks like some sort of 3d image. I dont have a 3d tv or those red blue glases. Maybe someone with it could confirm that it is in fact a 3d image. Could be some clue to 3d being fully implemented in the game.

The RED/BLUE glasses gave up nothing and i dont have the other 3d glasses...

I still don't believe that they would say 'The World will change' purely for new terrain. I mean Shapur and Proving Grounds meant new terrain, but they didn't make cryptic messages for them.

Actually, Proving Grounds BI was pretty proud of, because it featured new terrain. If I remember correctly, it was a new way for them of making the terrain. Perhaps the Proving Grounds design is now ready to take on a larger map (Chernarus or Takistan size).

But your right, I still don't see "The World will change" being about terrain. Just the storyline in my opinion.

*slap reezo* come on mate wake up ! we know and all of us want the physic engine ;) waiting tomorow to see what happen ;)

On the subject of maybe it isn't Arma related, since they are "Taking On Helicopters" maybe they will "Take On Submarines" or at least a naval simulator? BI are known for creating simulators anyway, and it's a market that other developers have been stretching into lately.

In my mind, if BI was willing enough to develop a new Helicopter simulator game, they could also do it with Submarines or Naval Warfare? Especially with an interest in Carrier Command (although admittedly, that's sci-fi).

Edit: Went for a piddle and thought about it some more.

1) The Billboard might just hint that the story is related to the Arma universe and that Astute will be an asset?

2) SBS or at the very least, Special Forces operate from submarines.

3) With VBS2 water simulation, it should be possible to merge all of these together in a SubSim.

4) BI make simulators, and now Take On Helicopters seems to be going towards an enjoyable but semi-realistic game, shouldn't be too hard with a submarine.

5) This is only my thoughts, but recently after buying Silent Hunter 4, I wanted to play a modern sub sim game. Now there hasn't been one on the market for years but actually, Silent Hunter still sells and so do other naval simulators like ship simulator. That mix with a modern setting I believe would suit a lot of people, after all, people liked the old submarines enough, why not the new ones we have nowdays?

6) If they are going to make a game dedicated to Helicopters, then one for Ships or Submarines at the very least could at least be recognised as a potential avenue for their development team?

Edited by Kingsmurfy

On the subject of maybe it isn't Arma related, since they are "Taking On Helicopters" maybe they will "Take On Submarines" or at least a naval simulator? BI are known for creating simulators anyway, and it's a market that other developers have been stretching into lately.

In my mind, if BI was willing enough to develop a new Helicopter simulator game, they could also do it with Submarines or Naval Warfare? Especially with an interest in Carrier Command (although admittedly, that's sci-fi).

I doubt they would do that using so many clues from the ArmAverse. It is almost definitely ArmA related.

Yeah, but it's GIBS. GIBS3000..

And don't forget TimeBorer..:confused:

Well, there may be some validity to that - It's GPS Intelligent Buoy (Systems). But the 3000 is strange...

TimeBorer - that is odd... normally you'd say Time Bearer.

Time - is time, century, decade, year, day, hour, min., sec. or a period of bronze era...

Borer - There is a bug (moth), or a person who bores - which is dig or drill a hole through, mostly commonly with guns (bore a rifle), or the tool used to bore with.

On the subject of maybe it isn't Arma related,

I guess you are so wrong m8.Bi used similar kinds of promotions for their last DLCs.

Neverthless i like that kind of promotion and am interested in the attack tomorrow.:cool:

I guess you are so wrong m8.Bi used similar kinds of promotions for their last DLCs.

Neverthless i like that kind of promotion and am interested in the attack tomorrow.:cool:

Could be, I'm only trying to work out a logical explanation for everything we've seen so far. Well not everything, but enough to have a reasonable prediction on if it is Arma, Arma-related or something different.

I've updated that old post btw with my ideas for why it would work :)

Maybe the TimeBorer is meant to relate to different time periods (A la Black Ops) or even time travel?

Also, anyone have a countdown to the next hack?

i think its really sad we werent able to log in to that pbhb site when it was still possible

but i think know how this is going to end

no more than 2 Hacks and we will see or find ( via clues and brain) propably a link to an website hosted by the persian hackers containing leaked infos what its all about and BIS upcoming project.

BI will then make a statement like " were sorry but the hackers revealed our next project before whe declassified the infos, we apologize and then give us more detailed information of what it is all about

lets see what the next hack will reveale

and guys..... PLEASE stop this Outerra thing! seriously an engine change will propably never happen especially not with outerras current state etc.... and from my point of view: if i created such an awesome engine like RV by myself, letting it fall would be the last thing that comes to my mind

its also a question of pride you know

I think any dev reading this can confirm it, right?

so please just cut it! this doesnt help nor does it bring us further.:rolleyes:

OK? :o

PP

Edited by PurePassion

I doubt they would do that using so many clues from the ArmAverse. It is almost definitely ArmA related.

I do believe that Take On Helicopters takes place within the Armaversum. So it is related to ArmA it just isn't ArmA.

Maybe the TimeBorer is meant to relate to different time periods (A la Black Ops) or even time travel?

Also, anyone have a countdown to the next hack?

Only thing that I could gather is the word Borer is quite odd.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/borer

Also Wikipedia stated a tool for tunnelling. But Time Tunnels or any kind of time travel I just can't see in Arma.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

I do believe that Take On Helicopters takes place within the Armaversum. So it is related to ArmA it just isn't ArmA.

That explains the Merlin helicopter. With my thoughts on a sub or naval sim, they would need a setting if it was in the modern era, Arma provides this. Tell me if I'm totally being an idiot, but I see it at least being a possibility? It would also link some of the hacks together.

My Thoughts;

Edit: Went for a piddle and thought about it some more.

1) The Billboard might just hint that the story is related to the Arma universe and that Astute will be an asset?

2) SBS or at the very least, Special Forces operate from submarines.

3) With VBS2 water simulation, it should be possible to merge all of these together in a SubSim.

4) BI make simulators, and now Take On Helicopters seems to be going towards an enjoyable but semi-realistic game, shouldn't be too hard with a submarine.

5) This is only my thoughts, but recently after buying Silent Hunter 4, I wanted to play a modern sub sim game. Now there hasn't been one on the market for years but actually, Silent Hunter still sells and so do other naval simulators like ship simulator. That mix with a modern setting I believe would suit a lot of people, after all, people liked the old submarines enough, why not the new ones we have nowdays?

6) If they are going to make a game dedicated to Helicopters, then one for Ships or Submarines at the very least could at least be recognised as a potential avenue for their development team?

Only thing that I could gather is the word Borer is quite odd.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/borer

Also Wikipedia stated a tool for tunnelling. But Time Tunnels or any kind of time travel I just can't see in Arma.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

That explains the Merlin helicopter. With my thoughts on a sub or naval sim, they would need a setting if it was in the modern era, Arma provides this. Tell me if I'm totally being an idiot, but I see it at least being a possibility? It would also link some of the hacks together.

I'm hoping it isn't a sub or naval sim but it is possible. I at least don't want a sub sim that doesn't seem fun to me. Jane's Fleet Command was a decent game though. I'm more so hoping for improvements to ArmA than anything. Either an expansion, DLC, or ArmA III.

I still don't think that BIS would do the same as they did with TOH and the ArmAversum, as many people were a tad annoyed about using ArmA to reveal something else. And, as someone else mentioned, OFP's 10-year anniversary is fairly soon...