Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Next hack will be of a a guy looking at himself in the mirror :P

Render-to-Texture ftw!

Yeah but things like "hey if you connect these in order it forms a submarine" is fairly concrete. Who knows what it means but that is concrete. That is what happens and is the proper solution or at least part of the proper solution to the puzzle. What that means can be talked about in the speculation thread. So that people who are trying to follow what's happening and what still has to be done don't have to read through 500 "OMG!!! its a submarine simulation!!!!!" posts.

you saying its too far fetched ? Why cant it be. Who would have thought BIS making "take on helicopters". who saw that one coming ? So who's to say it is not a sub sim.. Your going to have to accept that you cannot keep a thread as regimented as you would like it to be.

To keep Mr recon happy - My analysis of the facts thus far would lead me to believe (which is speculation) that it may be an improved engine possibly based on some tech from "take on helicopters" with more content passed down from VBS.. This I believe will birth a new title - Arma3

- some of the stiffs in here need to loosen up...

any one has an idea through what channel will be the next hack published?

1. major 'hack' of Arma2 websites

2. minor 'hack' - only the background changed

3. posts on fanpages that there was an attemp of 'hacking'

4. a phone call to the admin

I was thinking they might hack this thread, with us pressing f5 repeatedly to check the masses of posts coming in on this thread at around the time of the next hack, they could easily just deface the thread and when we refresh we get a big old shock.

would be pretty cool, but I doubt it, it would prevent us from communicating about the happenings

5. they will be ringing at my door. :p

I was thinking they might hack this thread, with us pressing f5 repeatedly to check the masses of posts coming in on this thread at around the time of the next hack, they could easily just deface the thread and when we refresh we get a big old shock.

would be pretty cool, but I doubt it, it would prevent us from communicating about the happenings

actually ... the 4. 'hack' was involving this thread... the admin postet it only here (as i can remember)

I just saw a pigeon on my balcony staring at me and making some worrying sounds. Maybe its a messaging pigeon from Iran?

To keep Mr recon happy - My analysis of the facts thus far would lead me to believe (which is speculation) that it may be an improved engine possibly based on some tech from "take on helicopters" with more content passed down from VBS.. This I believe will birth a new title - Arma3

Well yea new features are always welcome but some people have ridiculously high expectations. As Max Power said a while back, yes it may be so that BI are implementing r2t in toh and I'm sure they have considered the outerra engine but people are simply gathering speculations from no-where as of BI had promised feature x and upgrade y, at the moment the only details BI are releasing about their next little project are in their hacks.

Some of us so-called 'stiffs' at least have the blood flowing to the right part of the body (brain) for an ArmA-discussion forum, I don't wanna know what you have open in your other tab ;)

I remember when BI were hyping-up pmc, the hacker/username combos weren't allowed to be posted in the thread, that was frustrating at times but in some aspects a more fun challenge, but i guess it doesn't work so well with hacks/puzzles, they were just revealing scraps of info/pictures back then.

Although it would be kinda cool if the hackers hacked the forums, would cause confusion for most people and would create a similar atmosphere of 'work it out yourself' like the ion inc website.

Edited by SASrecon

Next hack will occur 12:00 CEST monday in-game. We all turn on editor and see huge ocean with submarines instead of takistan :icon_rolleyes:

ask the god question ?

who ?

Miller Scott

persian group

Why ?

n/a

Where?

western europe (ue)

goal?

destroy ? change the world ?

I just saw a pigeon on my balcony staring at me and making some worrying sounds. Maybe its a messaging pigeon from Iran?

Carefull... it may be infected, or carrying a mini nuclear bomb :bounce3:

Well yea new features are always welcome but some people have ridiculously high expectations. As Max Power said a while back, yes it may be so that BI are implementing r2t in toh and I'm sure they have considered the outerra engine but people are simply gathering speculations from no-where as of BI had promised feature x and upgrade y, at the moment the only details BI are releasing about their next little project are in their hacks.

Some of us so-called 'stiffs' at least have the blood flowing to the right part of the body (brain) for an ArmA-discussion forum, I don't wanna know what you have open in your other tab ;)

I remember when BI were hyping-up pmc, the hacker/username combos weren't allowed to be posted in the thread, that was frustrating at times but in some aspects a more fun challenge, but i guess it doesn't work so well with hacks/puzzles, they were just revealing scraps of info/pictures back then.

Although it would be kinda cool if the hackers hacked the forums, would cause confusion for most people and would create a similar atmosphere of 'work it out yourself' like the ion inc website.

excellent ! see you loosened up, that wast hard was it. Just give a little and take a little... now for those other tabs.... :D

Carefull... it may be infected, or carrying a mini nuclear bomb :bounce3:

Don't worry, the neighbors cat is on patrol right now :)

OT:

maybe we should dig deeper with the ball hitting the wall thingy? Someone posted a blender video that looked quite similar, can it be related? (lost the link)

Pull up any physics engine that includes samples/demos. You will see the exact same thing. Hence why it is, aside from directly from BIS, confirmed physics upgrade.

This whole thread is so wacky, I love it. :p

Mr BIS I presume?

Super-Adventure-Club.jpg

Wonder if we will ever get an upgrade to the mission editor :O

I think ive seen that ball smashing a wall before too.. ball was red?

you saying its too far fetched ? Why cant it be. Who would have thought BIS making "take on helicopters". who saw that one coming ? So who's to say it is not a sub sim.. Your going to have to accept that you cannot keep a thread as regimented as you would like it to be.

There is nothing that says that it isn't possible. It really isn't too far fetched either. It very well could be a sub simulation. The point was that there was nothing supporting that. Yes, it was a submarine and that's great! But I think it would be better for the next one if we have one thread dedicated to Facts and another dedicated to Speculation.

Fact Example: Oh look its a submarine and there are letters that say Astute. On to the next clue.

Speculation Example: Maybe they're making a submarine simulation! Maybe a sub plays a part in the next campaign. etc.

It would be easier to solve if the evidence was kept in the Fact thread and the speculation in the speculation thread. As I said, I didn't take part in the last two because there were so many speculative thoughts that I couldn't tell what was actually real and what was people just posting random crap. Maybe I'm just not dedicated enough though.

Wonder if we will ever get an upgrade to the mission editor :O

I think ive seen that ball smashing a wall before too.. ball was red?

Yeah, it seems its a standard demo for physics engines. Its been posted a couple of times in this thread. That's the best argument so far for some physics related feature or upgrade.

I'm totally stumped on the GIBS3000 TimeBorer. Gibs3000 brings up some music related searches, Timeborer brings up only one result: this forum (surprise surprise :p).

See, if it really is some sort of Creation Software for images, perhaps its a BIS built tool. Or perhaps it really is a clue. It's one to ponder anyway.

Edited by Daniel

Someone previously stated it was a tool used to manipulate the meta data inside the image. If that was true though you would think the name would pull up some results in google.

Not necessarily, it could be an upgrade to the RV3 engine (IE AA2 and OA) that implements those features from VBS 2; IE being able to move around on a moving carrier deck, drive a truck onto a trailer and pull it around.

Like in this vid, I suppose.

Please do not quote images or videos

This would be the best option imho and is what Im hoping for. Not arma 3.

Edited by W0lle

Maybe it's Mac compatibility? And the ball though the wall is a throw back to the old Mac commercial?

OYecfV3ubP8

This GIBS3000 is really a mystery. From Wikipedia:

"GIB may refer to:

GPS Intelligent Buoys, surface buoys manufactured by ACSA, France, used to track underwater devices with metric accuracy"

Not much...:confused_o:

Pull up any physics engine that includes samples/demos. You will see the exact same thing. Hence why it is, aside from directly from BIS, confirmed physics upgrade.

Fired up, feels good! :)