Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Did you recently tried to find a decent ArmA II server...it's all OA now...so I don't see that positive. Armed Assault was practically dead in late 2009 exept maybe for some hardcore modded servers, but dead for casual vanilla gamers.

Not sure, I've got ARMA2 with OA...Maybe you're right.

I never liked arma1 so I cant tell.

Maybe OFP situation is unique or something...There are ppl who still make mods and islands for it.

And you can still find quite decent servers

Edited by Yegor

;1916767']Im probably the only person here that would be disappointed if it is ArmA3' date=' having just bought BAF and PMC, and Arrowhead only a year ago..

Personally I would rather see another large expansion (OA style), with some physics changes, rather than my entire Arma 2 liberary being superseded by something else, then having to buy similar addons for that.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Fonz[/quote']

I would be too, if it's A3 then that would mean a new engine, and I can barley run this one :(

Unless they are going off RV to something easier too run but they might just be doing this for fun with us, so imma just gonna wait and see, they might not even announce anything at the end of this mind-game

I would be too, if it's A3 then that would mean a new engine, and I can barley run this one :(

Unless they are going off RV to something easier too run but they might just be doing this for fun with us, so imma just gonna wait and see, they might not even announce anything at the end of this mind-game

Don't say that....I've lost to much time on this one)

For those of you who are interested, the full text of the poem from which the line of arabic in Zipper5's email was taken. The line in the email translates as: "From me came what came over me". I'm not entirely sure how this is supposed to help. Perhaps the Iranians are suggesting they will attack us with a stolen nuclear weapon?

One day an eagle rose up from his rock

and, full of greed, spread all his plumage out,

arranged his wings correctly and spoke thus:

'Today the world is all beneath my wings!

If I fly high the sun no longer sees me,

while I see dust specks in the ocean's depth;

and should a gnat be crawling in the dust,

my eye beholds the insect's movements too!'

Thus he showed off, not fearing God's decree.

What happened to him from the cruel sphere?

For suddenly from out a hiding place

an arrow came, shot from a mighty bow.

The piercing arrow hit the eagle's wing

and cast him from the cloud onto the dust.

He wriggled in the dust just like a fish

and all his plumage fell there left and right.

'How strange!' said he, 'This thing is steel and wood!

How could it be so swift, so piercing sharp?'

He looked and saw his feathers on the arrow

and screamed: 'From me came what came over me!'

O Khusraw! Cast out your ego and your selfishness!

Look at this eagle, full of selfish pride!

By Nasir Khusraw, in the 11th century AD.

(...)

If I fly high the sun no longer sees me,

while I see dust specks in the ocean's depth;

and should a gnat be crawling in the dust,

my eye beholds the insect's movements too!'

Thus he showed off, not fearing God's decree.

What happened to him from the cruel sphere?

For suddenly from out a hiding place

an arrow came, shot from a mighty bow.

The piercing arrow hit the eagle's wing

and cast him from the cloud onto the dust.

He wriggled in the dust just like a fish

and all his plumage fell there left and right.

'How strange!' said he, 'This thing is steel and wood!

How could it be so swift, so piercing sharp?'

He looked and saw his feathers on the arrow

and screamed: 'From me came what came over me!'

O Khusraw! Cast out your ego and your selfishness!

Look at this eagle, full of selfish pride!

By Nasir Khusraw, in the 11th century AD.

IF that wasn't writen a millenia ago the metaphore would certainly apply to America (f*** yeah!), even its greatest symbol!

Its a beautiful introspective still.

are these guys supposed to be something other than hackers?

if they are terrorists then I'm board of them already.

If they have actually somthing to say I'd like to hear it but till then, I dont see how

they are any different from Trolls with skillz having a bit of fun.

are these guys supposed to be something other than hackers?

if they are terrorists then I'm board of them already.

If they have actually somthing to say I'd like to hear it but till then, I dont see how

they are any different from Trolls with skillz having a bit of fun.

It's BIS having some fun with us. Dropping hints at their next project.

Funny how the average gamer in this community consider BIS to be "dumping" their current release after only being out a year ......... lol

Other game companies and communities would be horrified if there was more than 12 months between their product releases !!

Gnat;1916843']Funny how the average gamer in this community consider BIS to be "dumping" their current release after only being out a year ......... lol

Other game companies and communities would be horrified if there was more than 12 months between their product releases !!

Just proves there are crying idiots even in the best communities.

Regardless of what it is, I'm guessing the ASCII art implies we are getting 'properly' destructible buildings. (more like Bad Company 2 for instance, but presumably with more accurate physics and materials modeling)

I doubt it will be anything similar to BC2 scale, let alone an improvement. If such a thing is implemented, it will probably be BIS' first attempt at such, unless it's a port of another physics system.

I'd love to believe it is something as cool as new physics, but I'm a sceptic by nature and am interested to see how MP would pan out. If you don't set your expectations too high, you can't be disappointed.

You have to walk before you can run, after all. My best guess would be that perhaps some elements of the environment will become destructible, with limited debris affected by physics.

For the devs... I'd LOVE to be wrong. :D :dj: :dance: :couch: :16_6_8:

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Once again I finally catch up after working today.

Why a cannonball & block wall?

I'd rather see Anti Armour piercing through steel.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear
oops

Guys, we should probably stop speculating on what the game is about and focus more on the clues. I mean, we won't know for sure what the end of the game will be like if we don't solve the puzzles.

Correct me if I am wrong, but we have solved all that needs to be solved and that can be solved. We are just waiting for the next problem to be released so we can solve it. So all we can do now is speculate on what they are trying to tell us.

IF that wasn't writen a millenia ago the metaphore would certainly apply to America (f*** yeah!), even its greatest symbol!

Its a beautiful introspective still.

Yeah...I think it applies more to China now...

Correct me if I am wrong, but we have solved all that needs to be solved and that can be solved. We are just waiting for the next problem to be released so we can solve it. So all we can do now is speculate on what they are trying to tell us.

Well, for one, that fills the thread up with hooey and so it actually makes it harder for people to get caught up on the theories. For two, there is a lot of stuff out there that hasn't been solved yet, like gibs3000 timeborer, the meaning of the poem, etc. Maybe the poem is just fluff, maybe it is an allegory as someone suggested, maybe it's something else to do with the author's name or the date?

The meaning of the game will be revealed, that is almost a certainty. What will not, is the answers to the puzzles... or maybe they will, if we're getting help from BIS as some would suggest.

Edited by Max Power

Yeah...I think it applies more to China now...

The author is obviously looking at himself, he leaves no doubt in the end. There is 10 centuries (since the poem was writen) of imperial ambitions from various nations through out including my own. The single certainty of them all is that they get "arrowed". If the next one to fall in the dust will be China, is still a huge unknown. First it must get "there"...

Somethings I can't figure out about this.

1. It sounds like something from Cold War. Notice the wall being smashed makes me think of a reference to the Berlin Wall or something leading to war.

2. Submarine I bet probably carries Nuclear weapons.

3. Those Notes you found about a battle plan makes me think of a invasion or take over. Makes me think of NATO vs Warsaw.

But as a final result of thinking all I can probably say is that IN MY OPINION I believe that this is some form of a fake.

1.Black hat Boys from Iran? Sounds like a Call of Duty gaming clan.

2.Being posted on Bistudios, Now I cannot see something like that if this was a major or somehow conspiracy. Especially on a video game forum.

3. I have many more thoughts but this is what I am left off so far.

2.Being posted on Bistudios, Now I cannot see something like that if this was a major or somehow conspiracy. Especially on a video game forum.

I just started the thread to telll people about the hack but if it was real wouldn't BIS contact Zipper5 or someone else and get them to close the thread

they sent me an email with what appears to be a code. anyone recognize this? -yyyuLL__`_EEeGN$pR`_;LLLLLyy_,.,____________++;___. `"*?Tfhhf`*OeeeESQQujucL+_._su[uywuuuuuqyyyyyZous;,,_. `` "?lllllT?3aaaKeeaq;,. ..'fQpQQQQQBBBBB88BQqayUT(oBps` _L;_, (eEKKaeaQZjCy+ .;LcLu,*9QQQBBBBBBBQQBBRye4yypQ8y__. 'l}jQQC *ffff9qpQqyjW*,=uLL;LyysaqQq_"fQBBBBBBBBBBf3QQqaQQbQQpqayL__<zqMf' "ff??**lLcsyay4qpQQ8QQMf<_,`TQBBBQBBBBBqqqQQMGKumDRdbppqFaqQpy. `jyyqQ87*"__<h#FcuaWq,`T%%8bb888888%#h$mWqNEC:QQBqL]f888r.<yy "9bpQQq..s1xu4fS%hh9f` .sLL`'$WWqqqGGeqmKuuaKqpWqCcb8Q8R7 "?" "fdBL ?qbQBQ+^xjFj1uqPsssc;_.|awtzdDmNEHNGNMHGGEe%bQQQRRr'"*' 7SQp, _+_ `T8Q8P_Lyzo4CaP}xxuUuuIzeOL_`lNmNGNNmOGGaqGOeeaGW??l" ,.??" 7q#* `qQbqqBqaayjfzuus35n1jqQQpqaL_*NNGqG$0eHEG$OkKfHaP._;, ._ypy. ` '` `"*?WQggggFjyyjXayyuuqBBBBQppE,"GNN$kGGGqMHHeeqyayyyaqqL` :w$Ml" |uL`_Luy_ ,<L,5Bgg@M5XXozzmaeHe0%%8BBBBMu``SqNeeGNNHKaEKkhSaKeKGMh?` "*` ^pq7PGRM?_=sqbC-T8gRtxqEwywMaeeHHaaD988bqM`lNOGNNOheEaMawaKaEooSsLL.._. 'h#,""`` ^a#f?*+L/?TVzRkwwwwSPaOeea$#NNNbf-,,,.^MENNGOaqOewwaea0PSoozyR<yeyL_. `""*\_,_|^*.`|yQpLuoySSwwwwwZGEaeeaeHHNq;"fGONNqGGEeGEGKaKaakzX4yLGqqqEC` _LccLL_ `'""""^fhfjoSSZSZaEaayHkeeeeeeKNb" .......`'"*?ffhGeHGHeaKKHZAF44oQfpmMOw_. <aayayr <XjywoZawwAGKeeaaeKweeeeKqM,...'''""""'``"*?TfSGPwKwaEUu3fx9WqqGyL__|?Tfffr___<uuujy4XXSyNoaaKaeeeeeaaNOeeapr''"""""*"`""7?TfGeeyyyPfffPfr>LLL;;<cLLLLuSZXwZwkyUSPaaKeaeKqkeeHEeeeNb_,..`"?TfP#0OaaaqF3aayyuyaySoyoZyowAGZwwawaKaKwaaMaeeeEeeEqM>^^^.'*?lfPhLJfPhkKwyowSSSAGwaySwawKaaZGKeawaaeGGeeeeQL_/"''````'` '?SwawwawwyeaeKowawOaaweaeeeeeeaqGeeeRr^^;,;^^;__``"*?TfhaEeeeeawaeaMeeeaeeGeKaEH9GGEqk^^^^^^^*""'`'"7lfPKGEeeEeeHGHHHaWEGGaaGGGWF;^^^^^^;;_._____,,.`"*?ffKeeGqkaawHGGGGGGOORr^^^^^^;_|^^^^^^^^^^_``'"7lff00GGGGGqGNGqM>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^~,.`"*?TfhHMHGOdF^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;^_,`""?fPf7;^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;```''"""""***^^^^;^^^^>^^^^^^^^````''"*^^^^^^^^`""*^^^^`"*^`

Forgive me for not wading through all 300 odd pages of this thread, but has anybody noticed that the latest version of the Nvidia drivers have an application setting for Arma3.exe?

Forgive me for not wading through all 300 odd pages of this thread, but has anybody noticed that the latest version of the Nvidia drivers have an application setting for Arma3.exe?

It has been noted yes.

We've already established that it's BIS being that the hack is being advertised on a BIS run phantom news site (AAN) and they use that to confirm if we're on the right track with the clues.

As for the date of a conflict that may be the setting for such a game, I doubt we're looking at a past conflict as one of the clues was for a sub that hasn't officially begun operations yet. (HMS Astute)

Btw, on the matter of the physics. I think people missed it a few pages back when someone put up a link for new content on VBS2. I believe it was put up because they use the same base engine and the link was talking about the use of Physx. Although probably no relation to this.