Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

There were also suggestions that "Game 2"'s campaign would be run as an ongoing war with your squad or tank etc. being assigned tasks on the fly, though with some of those being inetgral to a story (think that was in a PC Gamer Article).

That evidently came to be Warfare mode though I think the intention was for it to be a a more integral part of the game. Perhaps if this is the build up to ArmA 3, this concept will be revived?

Yeah, but i doubt the warfare link, I put that down to a dev liking the CoC CEX stuff. A dynamic campaign was what was hinted at more or less, ala F4(never played it but apparently its 'dynamic').

The more exciting is the game which is yet to be named. (i.e OFP2) In their own words Bohemia Interactive is working on a “Next generation PC-gameâ€. It is reminiscent of Operation Flashpoint, but will be considerably more dynamic. In all three chapters both friendly and enemy AI-units are fighting 24/7. Outside the battlefield action the game generates missions, in which, in the first chapter, the player will fight as a grunt. In the second chapter the player commands his own troops in the field and chooses his own missions. The third chapter will be fought as a Kevlar-wearing elite soldier, who crawls and sabotages behinds enemy lines.
Edited by SAbre4809

Can't see a related post - would a wall being knocked down refer to the fall of the Berlin Wall in some way, instead of some form of Physix ?

I don't think that the no longer existing Berlin Wall have anything to do with a British submarine that was just recently put into service.

I still think it's the Bullet Physics engine. This type of demo is ultimately typical for any form of Physics demo.

I don't think that the no longer existing Berlin Wall have anything to do with a British submarine that was just recently put into service.

I still think it's the Bullet Physics engine. This type of demo is ultimately typical for any form of Physics demo.

i cant remember who but i think one of the devs was talking about the bullet physics engine somewhere. But i might just be hallucinating.

i cant remember who but i think one of the devs was talking about the bullet physics engine somewhere. But i might just be hallucinating.

Dwarden said that as a reply to someone suggesting Havoc (as usual ;)), he said something along the line of having a preference for the Bullet engine.

cant be physic, the average computer barley handles arma 2 on its own and is itching under the huge wweight of CPU use not to mention the servers and the lag that is caused by to many AI and players and now physics?to use more resources?

The change is to big and drastic.

it would be in replacement of whatever current "physics engine" the game is currently using. Not 1 more additional thing. However, whether or not it adds additional overhead is to be decided ;)

Subamarines, heavily naval based attack plans, Rhianna, a cannon ball (or something like that) going through a wall, GIBS3000 TimeBorer...

BIS are developing a game of battleships where you travel through time to kill Rhianna while she was stil hot....

Anyone want to put those emails in order (of the animation) along with time dates of when the emails were received adn recipients?

When did this happen? :(

Thats a joke right? She is damn HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!!!

But at the same time, there is a lot of evidence to point that this could be a massive new game:

1. This is possibly the biggest run-up to a reveal ever, bigger than Portal 2s by about 4 days.

2. Using terms such as "The World Will Change" usually equates to some seriously new stuff.

3. The team have been using the same engine since 2001's OFP, and gradually been upgrading it ever since. Plenty of time to have been working on another engine in the background.

4. Releasing ArmA 2: Combined Operations and Reinforcements clarifies that they are looking to bring the whole product together one last time for some final sales, before announcing their next project.

5. Bohemia have said themselves, they find their own engine very difficult to handle (reinforces statement 3)

With all this in mind, I'm excited. :bounce3:

I follow this pretty much.

No doubt it hints at massive stuff comming... then again might just be whishful thinking on my part, lets hope not!

so, when is the new hack comming?

<EMBED allowScriptAccess="never" src="http://six.flash-gear.com/stereo/stereo.php?c=s&o=1&id=473730&k=47029409" quality=high wmode=transparent scale=noscale salign=LT bgcolor="FFFFFF" WIDTH="1297" HEIGHT="607" NAME="stereo439394" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>

the phrase "The World will change" can be interpreted in two ways:

1. The world in Arma universe will change, like a new game with plot of third World War, China invasion, thermonuclear war...etc

2. Our world, (which means gaming industry ) will change, that BIS is about to reveal a new product with major breakthrough having great impact on video games...

Edited by Lugiahua

the phrase "The World will change" can be interpreted in two ways:

1. The world in Arma universe will change, like a new game with plot of third World War, China invasion, thermonuclear war...etc

2. Our world, (which means gaming industry ) will change, that BIS is about to reveal a new product with major breakthrough that have great impact on video games...

2. All BIS releases are a major breakthrough :p

<yyyyuLLLL;____,...`
             <HONNGGOGqGh0GqGeaaayyyuuLL+;_____,..``
             "GOGNNNNNMeeGO0GNNGGEHNGGGNNGO$WNGGaaaayyuuLLLL;____,,...
             `POGNNNNNGeeGGGGGGNNGGNGNGNNNNGmNGOGGNNGNNNNGqeHGGGGGNaaayyyuyLLLL_____,...`
              3OGNNNNNNeGNNNNNNGGNNMGNNNOGNNNNNqNGNNNGGqNONeGGNGGNEGNqGNGGqGNNOhGGGqqaaayyyyuLLL
              7GG$$NNNNGG$NNN$OGGNGeGNqNGGNO$GNmNGNNNNNNNGGNqqqNNNGGNO$NNN9MGNOeGGGqmGNGHGNNNOqF
              "NOGGGNOeeGGG$GGGGNNNGGNMGNNNOHG$OGNGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNqGNNNGeGGqqNGG$OGGOGGNNNGD!
              'aGGGqNNGqqNGGGNqNNNNOGGGqNNNNGGGGNNNNNNOGNNNGNGGN000GNmNNN$GqNNWNGOGGGGGGWGGGOGM`
               3GGNGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOGNNGNqNNNNGGNNNNNNGHNNNGNNEGGqeNNNNNNGGNNNmNGGGqNGNNWGNGEqF
               leGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGNONNNO$N$OGGNNNNqqNNNNNOeGNNGNNNNNNWqNNNNNNGGWOGNNNGNNGd*
               /GGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOG$ONNmGGNOGGGNNNNNNNGGNNNOGNNNNNqNNN$NNNNNNNGqDNNNNNOGNNQ'
               'GGNONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOHGNGNOGNqGOEGGNOGNNNNGGNNNGNNNNNmNNNNNNNNNEGNGNNNNNNNGGNqP
                zmNGGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOeNNNNGGNNGOEGGOeNNNNGmNNNNNONmNNGGNNNNNNNNNNOG0GNNNWNNNNdr
                JGNeGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGNNNNNNNNNGGGGNNNNOGNOGNNNNGGmNNNNNNGWONNNNNOeGGNNmmmGGNW"
                |GNGGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGNGGNNNGNNGNNNNNNNNNNGGNNNNNOGNNNNNNNmGNNNNNOqWGNGG0GGNNk`
                'fNMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOGNNGGNGGGNNNNN$$NNNNNGGNGNGHHHHGqOGNNNNNGGNNGNmGNNGGNGOqt
,.                  '"7lffhHGNNOGGGNNOGNNGGNNGGNNqNGGeGNNNNNNNGNGGqqGGmOGNNGNGqmNNOeGGN0NNNGOW*
;:,.                      '"?lfPeOGGGOHGGNNNNNNNNNOGNOGGGGOGONNGGG$NNNNNNGqGGGNNOGNNNNOeqmNOeR'
Qy_:,.                         `'"?lfPGGGNNNM0NONGGG$GGGGGOGGNqGGGGqNOhhGNNNGGGGGGNNNNGGmNNOqf
BQE_:,`                              `""?TfhGeeeGNNOGGNNGGqqNNmNNNNNNGeeNNNNNNNNNNqEHGNNNNNOWr
BBBy_:.                                    `"*?TfhkKHGGNONmNNNGHGNqNGNNGNOG0$NqNNNNOGGGGNNNO%'
@gB8r:-                                          `"*?TfHONNNNGqGGN$0OHNNNNGHGNmGGGNNNNqqNNNGE`
&@@R*:'                                                `"*?ffh9MGNGGGeGNNNOeGNNGGHGNNNO$NNNqr
&BQF:"`                                                      '"*?fPGNmqNNNGGGqGGOGWNNNOeNNNWL,..
@B8r"'                                                            `'"7?fGqOGNWGNGG$NNNOGNOHmr^^^^;__,..
@M7'                                                                    `"*?lfP$OOGNNqqNNGGk^^^^^^^^^^>;;__,..
7'                                                                            `"*?Tfh$h$NGqt^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;__,..
                                                                                  `""?fff7>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;;_
                                                                                        ```'""""""***^^^>^^^^^^^^^^^^;
                                                                                                      ````'""""""***^;
                                                                                                                     `

...,,,,,,,.....``
            `,__|;;;;;;;^^^;;;__,...``
          `_;^^^||^^^^^^^^^^^^;;|^;_,..`
        `.,||^||||^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;;;;;_..`
        '."|;^;;;;^^^^^^^^^^^^;^^^^^||_.`
        `'."*;|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;||!`
         `'''"!*^^^^^^^^^^^^;^^^^^^^|"`

funny, it could be almost anything :)

But if i'd have to keep in line with some previous posts, i would think:

"The World will change" + "ball breaking a wall" = "destructable environment" (incl. terrain, or at least "more destructable environment")

...but in my opinion, such change would be too big for current state of the game (i don't see such thing happening before Arma 3, and i do not think this is about Arma 3)

...or "The World will change" +"ball breaking a wall" (a "breakthrough") = some major change (gameplay/engine/anything)

"The World will change" + "ball breaking a wall" = "destructable environment" (incl. terrain, or at least "more destructable environment")

...but in my opinion, such change would be too big for current state of the game (i don't see such thing happening before Arma 3, and i do not think this is about Arma 3)

...or "The World will change" +"ball breaking a wall" (a "breakthrough") = some major change (gameplay/engine/anything)

i sure hope so.

It could be very well ArmA3, as Nvidia put corresponding profiles for the game into their 270.61 drivers.

It could be very well ArmA3, as Nvidia put corresponding profiles for the game into their 270.61 drivers.

Elaborate please...?? What does this mean?

there is a support list in Navidia graphic driver, and Arma3 was there.

Has it since been removed?

Amazing find on the nvidia drivers, if it turns out to be anything.

That said, I put together some of the frames from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/hacker_mails.txt into somewhat of a proper order, although I got completely bored after the first five or so. I added an intermediate frame that I personally received as well. So if anyone is curious, here they are. It just shows the sphere flying in from off screen to the left and then breaking through the wall. I stopped before the wall started to fly apart because that would require some actual attention to do.

http://goo.gl/pfU8v

I couldn't find it on my computer, so probably yes.

my guess was that Nvidia was testing Arma3 with their graphic cards...

Thanks for bringing that up, cool hint!

A quick Google brought me to the Chinese where a picture is of what it supposedly looked like in the Nvidia driver:

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-1962070-1-1.html

The other screenshots seem to be just speculation, that it would use some engine called "Outerra"

Could be fake of course, probably easy to add just any renamed exe to there?

Edited by Darky88
Added that it could be fake

I couldn't find it on my computer, so probably yes.

my guess was that Nvidia was testing Arma3 with their graphic cards...

Yeah I was going through their changelogs and I couldn't find it. That just makes it even more likely it'll be ArmA 3... Unless it's a trick :eek:

But what you said Lug, makes sense. Nvidia had maybe an alpha build, was testing it with their latest cards, made drivers compatible for BIS, added it to change log, BIS saw it, flipped, and it was removed.

Another pic of the ARMA 3 thing in the Nvidia driver control panel:

2yyqy2r.jpg

I think this was originally posted on these forums somewhere...