Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

I think we're all getting a bit too engrossed in the idea that Bohemia are revealing, quite suddenly, a feature of what I suspect is going to be a very big product.

I wouldn't be surprised if this new product had a whole new engine in fact, but I think these "hacks" are meant to hint towards plot, rather than gameplay, which is more than likely going to get revealed at E3 (if a company like bohemia would go to that CoD infested place) or something like that.

I think we should lay off gameplay speculation at the moment and think what this could mean story wise, I must have posted my theory about three times now so I'm not doing that again.

Maybe BIS gave PR access to the BAF units in return for adding their work on destuctible walls etc into the Arma 2 main code.

LOL..best of today! i can assure you it is not the case

Wrong. PhysX works on the CPU as well (like every other physics simulation engine has in the past)

Care to give me an example? please don't quote maxPhysix here though

how long is this "game" going to last? surely they have to release something officially soon

party pooper

(This was posted after the 4th attack of the PBHB on the Arma site)

Well well. This whole thing is getting more mysterious by the minute.

Random locations, a map, pictures that reveal hidden messages, codes who reveal even more pictures, and "they" are watching us :confused:

I'm finding it hard to understand why the PBHB group is doing this, they are keeping us an a thread, keeping us wondering what to do.

I personally thought the old map found in the hole was interesting. It definetly showed arrows that could point to a military attackplan to invade western Europe.

I'm also curious who this Miller person is, I can vaguely remember a character that was named Miller in Arma 2, though I'm not sure if there is any connection.

What still troubles me is the whole motivation behind all this. If they want us to find out about something, why havn't they just told us.

They must be going thrue all this trouble for a reason.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

So I tried to translate the arabic text from Zipper's mail using Wikipedia and I got this. I'm not sure if I got it right or not.

original email:

p8h8email.th.jpg

I got this: از ماست كه بر ماسـت

Google detects it as persian translates it to this: "Which of us is our"

This is almost certainly not building up to something small. As CyclonicTuna pointed out, BI are going to a lot of trouble with this promo. Too much for some small DLC.

(This was posted after the 4th attack of the PBHB on the Arma site)

Well well. This whole thing is getting more mysterious by the minute.

Random locations, a map, pictures that reveal hidden messages, codes who reveal even more pictures, and "they" are watching us :confused:

I'm finding it hard to understand why the PBHB group is doing this, they are keeping us an a thread, keeping us wondering what to do.

I personally thought the old map found in the hole was interesting. It definetly showed arrows that could point to a military attackplan to invade western Europe.

I'm also curious who this Miller person is, I can vaguely remember a character that was named Miller in Arma 2, though I'm not sure if there is any connection.

What still troubles me is the whole motivatin behind this. If they want us to find out about something, why havn't they just told us.

Sure a ENEMY attack plan writen in english?

I translated "We are watching you." from English to Farci and this came up:

ما نظاره گر شماست.

It doess not resemble the Farci line in the e-mail our dear web admin got...

And he has not responded on the requests to copy-paste the letters. Either way, we need someone to be able to read farci to tell us what it spells, or rather we need our admin here to paste it or translate it in a translater. For the record, google translate doesnt do Farci...

The original e-mail can be found here:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6994/p8h8email.jpg

It seems the farci there means something completely different than "we are watching you"... Any iranian fans following this thread?

Edited by aLmAnZo
ما نظاره گر شماست. turns out soooo small... can't make it bigger

what about the text on the bottom of the map found in the hole "the world will change"

Nuclear warfare occupation? insurgency like french resistance?

Its just that, well we have an invasion map of europe, Russia seems to have little involvement and I doubt theres a country in that region capable of taking on the whole of europe, other than China, and the pictures/clues have some chinese characters. :o

No, even China don't have that force to take on the whole of europe, and may I point you to look at a big piece of paper called "The World Map"

Do you really think that China force will get their ways all pass central asia, eastern europe, middle east and so on without having a fight?

SD stands for China in CIA crypto which was in the map of first hack.

And that only means China have something to do with it.

(...)

(...)

^^ Miles? Razor Team Leader?

What still troubles me is the whole motivatin behind this. If they want us to find out about something, why havn't they just told us.

Word of mouth is the best marketing :)

I translated "We are watching you." from English to Farci and this came up:

ما نظاره گر شماست.

It doess not resemble the Farci line in the e-mail our dear web admin got...

And he has not responded on the requests to copy-paste the letters. Either way, we need someone to be able to read farci to tell us what it spells, or rather we need our admin here to paste it or translate it in a translater. For the record, google translate doesnt do Farci...

Check above. ;) And Zipper is working with BIS on this, so it's understandable he won't help us.

I got this: از ماست كه بر ماسـت

Google detects it as persian translates it to this: "Which of us is our"

They're about to say "All of you are belong to us":D

No, even China don't have that force to take on the whole of europe, and may I point you to look at a big piece of paper called "The World Map"

Do you really think that China force will get their ways all pass central asia, eastern europe, middle east and so on without having a fight?

And that only means China have something to do with it.

You cant underestimate them, think about it the largest production country in the world, how much would it take to change a couple of factories from fridges to tanks? and 1 Billion people! if they needed to recruit boy they could steam roll, they have some pretty good tech too.

Care to give me an example? please don't quote maxPhysix here though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX

Your thinking PhysX as only the hardware acceleration part. Yes, without Nvidia card you can't use GPU accelerated physics, but CPU physics calculations are still done (while significantly slower due to Nvidia not likeing you having an ATI card)

This is almost certainly not building up to something small. As CyclonicTuna pointed out, BI are going to a lot of trouble with this promo. Too much for some small DLC.

True but i don't think it is a new game aether because the hints where coming from within the story of HR and EW.

I can be wrong doh, everything is so twisted that i don't know exactly anymore what to believe at this point.

Kind regards

Are there any OpenCL based physics engines out there?

True but i don't think it is a new game aether because the hints where coming from within the story of HR and EW.

I bloody well hope so. I want this to be Ep2. :D

Are there any OpenCL based physics engines out there?

Bullet. Upcoming they will support OpenCL 3.0 hardware acceleration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX

Your thinking PhysX as only the hardware acceleration part. Yes, without Nvidia card you can't use GPU accelerated physics, but CPU physics calculations are still done (while significantly slower due to Nvidia not likeing you having an ATI card)

Which would either result in Ati users missing out on important features, or the whole PsysX addition would just be useless eyecandy like it currently is in other games, so that people with Ati/not state of the art nvidia cards wont miss out on important features. Which makes it (IMO) unlikely that they would choose PhysX.

You cant underestimate them, think about it the largest production country in the world, how much would it take to change a couple of factories from fridges to tanks? and 1 Billion people! if they needed to recruit boy they could steam roll, they have some pretty good tech too.

Nor should you overestimate them to such level, that basically is a rubbish in scale.

Which would either result in Ati users missing out on important features, or the whole PsysX addition would just be useless eyecandy like it currently is in other games, so that people with Ati/not state of the art nvidia cards wont miss out on important features. Which makes it (IMO) unlikely that they would choose PhysX.

Yes, I agree it is very unlikely. But possibility is still there.

The more (most) likely choice is Bullet.

I'm just happy they coming out with new stuff. :) And frankly, I don't care what it is as long as it adds to the game.

Guy's this thread is not about PhysX but about the site hacks and hints. Whether it is a PhysX update a map extra content new factions or only a campaign " or an entire new game " is at this point not even clear enough.

The hints are pointing out to something different every time we think something so we still need to connect the dots! at this point i don't see why a discussion around PhysX on a particular video driver or game machine would help us in that. :j:

kind regards