Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

They didn't take it off, it's just case-sensitive. Try miller instead of Miller

Just tried it and didn't get it with a capital either

So Millers' profile card shows us that:

Reynolds (The protagonist of PMC addons' boss) is being asked by someone named Noah (or possibly Novac) to draft (recruit) a high ranking British royal marine into the Private Military Company?

(Correct me if I'm wrong, I finally got round to buying ArmA 2 like a week ago and have no DLC and am on the third mission of the campaign)

Pretty much, RM or SBS is disputable of course. But essentially your right, still somebody out of the same Navy.

Pretty much, RM or SBS is disputable of course. But essentially your right, still somebody out of the same Navy.

What's the highest Rank on board HMS subs?

Shouldn't they be Her Majesty's Boats? :confused:

Commander I believe

HMS stands for Her Majesty's Service I believe, not Her Majesty's Ship. That is why Shore Establishments which are controlled by the Navy are called HMS also.

Edited by Kingsmurfy

About 2 years ago I was at Loch Goylehead Navy base, I was part of the RAF personnel and can remember that the highest ranked Naval commander in Britain was visiting the base, can't remember for the life of me what the rank was however, I'm trying to remember as we speak, something along the lines of Marshall but not sure if there was a prefix or something.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

HMS - Her Majesty's Ship

Commander I believe

Hmm, Miller is Capt. - recruit them fresh. :D HMS Astute is essentially a SOF sub, if you look at the specs & dimensions.

Looks like they are printed typewritter style behind those numbers to me, just smaller. "Y" I can see behind the shadow of 3 and next to 6. "T" seems to be the bottom of G and "J" is the bottom right of that number 8.

Correct me if I'm totally off the mark on this one though.

I think I know what you mean, but I don't think it's really there. Just your mind playing tricks on you.

Miller could be linked to the two ex paras from PMC incl the BAF one, since apparently X-Squadron is taken from volunteers from men already in the SBS or SAS, and a common route to SAS is through Para reg.

Also

Her Majesty's Ship (or His Majesty's Ship, or Submarine), the prefix of Royal Navy ship names since 1789

Hmm, Miller is Capt. - recruit them fresh. :D HMS Astute is essentially a SOF sub, if you look at the specs & dimensions.

Yeah I meant the highest serving rank for a Submarine I believe is a Cmdr. For Special Forces of course, they can be called Captain and operate as a team leader, rather than an actual Captain.

any chance that we could log in on ion with miller login?

any chance that we could log in on ion with miller login?

Good idea, since Ion appears to have wanted to recruit him, he may have an account.

I think I know what you mean, but I don't think it's really there. Just your mind playing tricks on you.

Perhaps yeah, although I still see it. Even when trying to believe it's the double of the number, it still pops out at me.

Also:

Her Majesty's Ship (or His Majesty's Ship, or Submarine), the prefix of Royal Navy ship names since 1789

That explains it, thanks. :cool:

Where are you guys getting the Miller - PMC connection from? Just the "Hi R"?

Yeah I meant the highest serving rank for a Submarine I believe is a Cmdr. For Special Forces of course, they can be called Captain and operate as a team leader, rather than an actual Captain.

Need I remind you that,

The plot thickens... so it seems HMS Astute class submarine is practically confirmed?

Assuming that for a moment, what would that mean for the engine? Improved water simulation, certainly.

EDIT: Also, I've just realized that the hints so far have been about things being under ground (buried "stuff") or under water (submarine). What's the connection?

If it's at all related to ArmAverse - a new physics engine with re-worked CQB mechanics & animations.

http://distribution.vbs2.com/media/presentations/20100506_RN_Serious_Games.pdf

No idea if it have something to do with this "hack" , probably no

Page 34,

The way forward?

* There are niche simulators available for naval applications, and they are very good

* UK MOD should examine a common visualization platform and modularize for long-term cost savings

- Solve latency and correlation issues

- Facilitate re-use of terrains, models, simulated systems

* VBS2 could be the common platform?

- (Until something better comes along)

- You already own it!

Presentation copyrighted 2010, for UK MOD eyes only.

Someone won a defense contract? We are on the winning side. :cc:

;)

OK - trying to logon to the ION INC website throws an error code, unless you try the username MILLER in capitals, which then gives you another login attempt. The number on the photo (or noah, novak etc) also throws errors, but it appears to need a 7 digit password ? Corrected, it sometimes gives another attempt with more than 7. Any of the earlier codes work ?

cj

Edited by cjph

Need I remind you that,

I don't think that the fact that something is planning for VBS means much for Arma 2. Plus AFAIK they already had contract with UK.

No-one mentioned the GIBS3000 TimeBorer in the Properties of the Miller.jpg file yet right?

Google didn't show anything so what could it be?

No-one mentioned the GIBS3000 TimeBorer in the Properties of the Miller.jpg file yet right?

Google didn't show anything so what could it be?

2 guys already mentioned that.

The only thing I have found is some obscure reference to a country music singer called don gibson died in 2003

Come on 77 pages to read and every 3 minute theres one more. :smash:

Can someone PLEASE make a little summary.