Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

dang it, AAN gives us the clues that youtubers were right...

I was bringing up the Youtube idea. But after all I'm not so sure about that anymore. If it'll be youtube and the vids are prepared somehow, it would have been a heck of a planning time (videos are from 2006!).

So I don't think there's anything in any frames or else. Maybe it's in the words, maybe it's nothing.

Maybe all that was to leave us clueless and see what we will come up with after another 42 hrs.

But the coincident that all three videos are there with those exact codes still makes me wonder. If that's not related, then it's a huge quite unrealistic coincident. :) AAN could be wrong or spreading missinformation on purpose.

I think we need to keep focus on a possible code to break in there. Why pointing us to /bin/null/ ? Why is it /bin/null and not /dev/null?

The jpeg there has no hidden info. I've done everything in PS I coud imagine. Searching for morse code in the pixels or else. Nothing.

Seems very weired. As BIS guys are developers they might have had some crypto stuff in school/university. Come on you informatics guys, break the code! :)

28 hours till the next 'hack', am I correct here?

Edit: Never mind. Thanks UnuldorCZ for the post above. :P

/bin/null/ looks like a path on a Linux OS. On my Ubuntu is only the folder /bin but there is no /null. Maybe it's a binary. I don't know, I don't have it here.

Just so it is clear for the ones spamming this thread for nothing:

1. the so called hackers is BIS PR - please stop with random unfounded conspiracies on the matter.

2. the matrix from the last hack linking to YT videos (even if those seem random) can't be unintentionally, even if the reasons for it are not yet obvious (it is not a first time BIS links to YT videos, remember the Take On quiz). The chances to have some alpha-numerical characters link to 3 individual vids is almost 0. That said te effort of both mad and cameron (into remembering his math) were surely appreciated ;)

If you put this in perspective, remember this DEV entry, where an image with a range of asian faces is present. I am pretty sure those weren't done just for the sake of the exercise, even though persian has no relation to those atm.

While this thread is an entertaining read, and sometimes the progress and involvement from certain community members is exceptional, i would much rather prefer to have ppl who are whinning, or post just for the sake of it (yeah! sort of messages), refrain themselves, or do it someplace else.

There is a lot of good ideas in this thread that could go unnoticed due to the pace posting occur

Edited by PuFu

Assuming for a moment that "Have you ever seen that scarecrow, then you've seen me" refers to Lopotev. How much of a coincidence is it that his alias is Akula, a type of Russian submarine?

I don't believe in coincidences. :) :cc: What can be derived from YouTube IDs is,

Well they've stopped trying to hold him

With mortar, stone and chain

He broke out of every prison

Is he cheating, man I don't know

If you've ever seen that scarecrow then you've seen me

Have you ever seen a one-armed man punching at nothing but the breeze?

:D

I only know of /dev/null in Linux. /bin/null doesn't make any sense, unless there happened to be a program called null.

So, next step on those youtube vids, ¿can someone put the words they say on that exactly seconds? I tried but my english is not as good as this needs.

Stone, man and weeds.

My theory is some pages back. :D

Have you ever seen a one-armed man punching at nothing but the breeze

This could be a reference to how incoming fire causes confusion when the direction is unknown, which would link in to 'scarecrow' being that sniper/spotter. Maybe he is more important than we thought, or he appeared to be?

So I was right after all. Still doesn't help me though as this code is killing me

Have you ever seen a one-armed man punching at nothing but the breeze

This could be a reference to how incoming fire causes confusion when the direction is unknown, which would link in to 'scarecrow' being that sniper/spotter. Maybe he is more important than we thought, or he appeared to be?

If you've seen the USMC spotter (Scarecrow), then you've seen me (Lopotev). But isn't Akula dead?

There is top level espionage involved with key people escaping on subs & starting a nuclear war.

Breaks out of every prison, a man, Around scarecrow. Everything points to Lopotev

Breaks out of every prison, a man, Around scarecrow. Everything points to Lopotev

Is he cheating? Man, I don't know. A sub with ICBMs is most certainly cheating. :D

Don't you only see Lopotev the once? as CDF stated that he was dead, but never proved it? I somehow think that this "Scarecrow" is not just a Sniper/spotter, but more tied up in this...

I told you before it had something to do with espionage.... Perhaps a ChDKZ sided campaign introducing newly added features? (scripts/codes/etc.) Oh.. Btw. Why else would BIS handover PMC Lite to the community, selling PMC-heavy as DLC, other then including PMC in the plot? (same for BAF, why else would these have various camo, but taking into account the timeline of events happening?)

Elaborating a bit more on PMC: Didn't they mentioned that ION-inc. was playing the fields of Oil-Industry, and Nuclear-Industry/weapon-development aswell, ánd with it a dirty hidden secret exposed in PMC campaign?

Looks like stuff is linking up..

Edited by Thani '82

I know everyone had found the letters, but I supply the decoded stereogramm just in case someone is interested.

camouflage_4_decoded.jpg

Did someone replay the mission to actually go seek Scarecrow? :)

I told you before it had something to do with espionage.... Perhaps a ChDKZ sided campaign introducing newly added features? (scripts/codes/etc.) Oh.. Btw. Why else would BIS handover PMC Lite to the community' date=' selling PMC-heavy as DLC, other then including PMC in the plot? (same for BAF, why else would these have various camo, but taking into account the timeline of events happening?)[/quote']

PMC lite and BAF lite were handed out to ensure MP compatibility. Let's not start grasping at straws. ;)

Did someone replay the mission to actually go seek Scarecrow? :)

I suggest we find everything about Lopotev: footage, mention in the campaign, cause of death, proof of death?

PMC lite and BAF lite were handed out to ensure MP compatibility. Let's not start grasping at straws. ;)

Hey, that's what they tought you it to be.. But if it's out there already, why shouldn't BIS use it?

I suggest we find everything about Lopotev: footage, mention in the campaign, cause of death, proof of death?

I vaguely do remember that Lopotev was eventually killed in Chernogorsk, to conclude atleast one possible campaign outcome.

Edited by Thani '82

Hey' date=' that's what they tought you it to be.. But if it's out there already, why shouldn't BIS use it?[/quote']

If you have nothing constructive to say don't say anything! And trust me what your saying is not constructive. ;)

I only know of /dev/null in Linux. /bin/null doesn't make any sense, unless there happened to be a program called null.

/bin/null is the shell that sysadmins add to a user when they wants that this user don't touch anything on their systems, mainly used for batch purposes.

Ok I surrender my cipher-path. :)

From the youtube videoes:

Broke out of every prison

Man, I don't know (?! doesn't make sense)

If you've ever seen a scarecrow, then you've seen me

So obviously a scarecrow-looking person broke out of every prison. The second line (Rhianna) doesn't make any sense. It could be someone we know from earlier or a new villain in whatever new product BIS is tormenting us with.