Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

check the top middle Y, it has a curve line through it as well.

What the hell that means?? heh - PLA vs Iran? BIS should show us already and not posting matrix codes :p

If it is a matrix then the 0's would represent spaces. I goggled around and read something similar which says that to decode it you have to would begin by inversing the large matrix at the top.

Also one thing that keeps catching my eye is the letters "MAC" in the matrix, maybe after the matrix is inversed it has to be converted in to a MAC Address which is then converted to Binary and then to ASCII?

But this is probably too complicated and way off, I don't think it will show anything.

EDIT: I 'm not too good in this tough, I nearly failed this unit in school :tongue:

What the hell that means?? heh - PLA vs Iran? BIS should show us already and not posting matrix codes :p

Well i kinda thinking the same PLA vs IRAN, because Russia and Us have gotten a blow they will be around but i think China might step in to safe the day?

Who knows .....

Anyway slight of topic: are :D you Metalgear fan?

The youtube videos can't be a coincidence can they?

The words for each video at the specified seconds are:

STONE (067s)

MAN (095s)

WEED (109s)

but why use Chinese word?

Maybe next will be The PLA passed Iran to attack Europe...

Ok, this is my guess..

Did you understand what Fromz wanted to say on his web blog?

STONE (067s)

MAN (095s)

WEED (109s)

Stone man = statue ?

weed = Cannabis?

something is hide in weed under statue ???

I thinking too much. :D

re: the reference to china and iran, does anyone remember a few months ago when iranian hackers targeted chinese sites and there was that online hacking war between hackers from both countries.

And they both seem to have been carrying on their vendetta ever since.

As to the iranians, well they have hacked countless sites lately both as a weapon against internal strife and international troubles - one site I saw that they had hacked was a warning to saudi arabia.

As to why ArmAII, well (pure speculation here) I remember watching a documentary shown here in the UK several years ago which was showing islamic terrorists in training and the kids in the background were playing good old OFP to learn small unit tactics.

STONE (067s)

MAN (095s)

WEED (109s)

idk, the numbers at the bottom lead to here

http://www.iimmgg.com/image/1b7cc72c30486390552634f736941cff

which doesnt seem related..

im so tired i forgot that the times you posted were already in the picture and i was about to be all OH MY GOD THE TIMES IN THE SONGS ARE THE SAME AS THE PICTURE :butbut:

re: the reference to china and iran, does anyone remember a few months ago when iranian hackers targeted chinese sites and there was that online hacking war between hackers from both countries.

And they both seem to have been carrying on their vendetta ever since.

As to the iranians, well they have hacked countless sites lately both as a weapon against internal strife and international troubles - one site I saw that they had hacked was a warning to saudi arabia.

As to why ArmAII, well (pure speculation here) I remember watching a documentary shown here in the UK several years ago which was showing islamic terrorists in training and the kids in the background were playing good old OFP to learn small unit tactics.

What's your point?

well no point really just saying that sometimes we read too much into stuff.

It's not a bis thing because they would never hack community sites which are owned by other people. Good PR stunt yes but it could easily end in legal action.

My theory would be that it's just more of the iranian cyber war stuff that they have been conducting for several months now. It gets people talking does it not?

well no point really just saying that sometimes we read too much into stuff.

It's not a bis thing because they would never hack community sites which are owned by other people. Good PR stunt yes but it could easily end in legal action.

My theory would be that it's just more of the iranian cyber war stuff that they have been conducting for several months now. It gets people talking does it not?

Have you considered that the community sites might be cooperating with BIS?

I think you're the one reading too much into things.

EDIT: To eliminate any residual doubt, read the thread, or at least the first post.

Do you honestly think a real group of iranian hackers would have put a case with a sheet of paper at some location in CZ and put hints to it in their message? Then "defaced" the game webpage with a screenshot from the game itself that contains hidden roman numerals that link up to form the silhouette of a submarine? Why? Just to fuck with the community?

Edited by MadDogX

so many clues and we fail, i'm dissapointed in my self (my eyes can't see any symbol shapes in pictures too) :(

i wanted to update te edited picture, but it seems to me taht my boss has unpluged the net from sever to make me work :) ... now im sittin ant stairs and writing from my phone xD

i wanted to update te edited picture, but it seems to me taht my boss has unpluged the net from sever to make me work :) ... now im sittin ant stairs and writing from my phone xD

Could tell you were on a phone, not very good english there :p

Has anyone tried using the 9 numbers matrix as a substitution code for the letters above?

I mean, adding numbers or letters to the letters above depending on the number written below

0 0 1
6 9 0
7 5 9  

I tried solving matrix and calculated determinant in excel = -33 (oddly enough, there are 33 symbols before the matrix...)

maybe on other pictures(armedassault.info, ofpec.com) there are more different matrixes?

http://www.engr.mun.ca/~ggeorge/dh/ExcelArrays/ExcelDemo1.html

http://www.easycalculation.com/matrix/learn-matrix-determinant.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determinant

http://people.revoledu.com/kardi/tutorial/Excel/LinearEqs.html

Edited by Gedis

Can't wait to see what you intelligent people come up with. How I wish I was smart like you :D

Also, GG BIS!

Looking at lyrics of each song :

67th word in "Black Wings" : look

95th word in "Breakin' Dishes" : home (?? really not sure of my count there)

109th word in "The Wrestler" : anything (not sure either)

If someone can double check

Seems like a Hill Cipher to me. Although, it is WAY too late for me to be reading up on how to decrypt it. Maybe somebody who knows more about Hill Ciphers can input on the matter.

Great find. Theres a couple I think you missed, I see 1 or two in one of the V's on first glance

http://aix1.uottawa.ca/~jkhoury/cryptography.htm

If I could remember how to multiply matrices I would do it, but like I mentioned, it was ages ago in high school.

Clearly the columns from the code represent youtube videos, so it doesn't seem likely the code in the image is a cipher.

The clue must be in the youtube videos.

First clue - Geohunt leads to Map of Europe with what looks like military symbols and references.

Second clue - Picture which outlines a submarine with a reference to ASTUTE

Third clue - image with hidden youtube video codes and a reference to http://www.arma2.com/bin/null/thecode/ - asking for us to enter the code. Chinese characters on this page translate to Persia.

I think the songs are a red herring. We should probably be focusing on the format of the letters / numbers:

0 Y u

i M R

3 G U

c V E

E T K

d Y J

a V I

M A C

6 q v

y n b

4 I o

0 0 1

6 9 0

7 5 9

It looks like it's supposed to be some kind of matrix encryption, but you can't multiply numbers with letters, can you? I just wish I knew more about cryptography.

Convert the letters into numbers (1 - 26, etc). :)

Like I said, I'm quite sure it's a 11 letter message (might be two words if 27 (space) rocks up), but I can't remember how to multiply matrices.

I'm sorry, having message encoded in a matrix and said matrix ending up as 3 YT URL, that's just impossible

Unless you start with the YT codes and end up with something else.

You just can't take a messages, transform it to a matrix, and hope the result will be YT codes

All in all, I'd say the hidden image stating to enter the code was referring to entering the codes into YT. The numbers at bottom are cues to get the hidden message from the YT video, the song, the artists, I don't know.

Edited by whisper

It seems unlikely that the youtube video codes would fit a cipher though?

Maybe the matrix is a red herring!?

The clue has to be the bottom 3x3 set of numbers.

If you use the number as a the row number in the column you get:

0 Y R

a n u

M Y b