Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Is it too soon after A2 and OA to expect ArmA3?

First two clues were kind of obvious (look for something buried in this location, and join the numbered dots). So far the map doesn't seem as obvious. How do we know that was all that was in the oversized box? Why would you leave the box and original paper behind (seriously, everyone ask yourself would YOU have left it behind?).

Surely 'The World Will Change' and a map encompassing most of Europe means much more than an altered Cherno/Taki map.

A submarine also hints towards another map, as Cherno and Taki wouldn't be suitable due to lack of water, etc (pretty sure we're overdue for a new island map too).

So perhaps:

New map with water.

New water units (if you have a water map, you would want to add more than just a submarine)

Fingers crossed for some VBS2 stuff like huge maps and underground buildings.

Did a search on google for MKSearch seems to be a code name for a mind control (truth serums) drug.

Biological/Chemical warfare next?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKULTRA

The drug might not be reliable as well based on ...

"reliability disputable"

Edited by Muahaha

Is it too soon after A2 and OA to expect ArmA3?

God I hope so!

Surely 'The World Will Change' and a map encompassing most of Europe means much more than an altered Cherno/Taki map.

A submarine also hints towards another map, as Cherno and Taki wouldn't be suitable due to lack of water, etc (pretty sure we're overdue for a new island map too).

Yeh I'm thinking this also. Its got to be it.

and if that's it, what will it be? DLC or update?

Did a search on google for MKSearch seems to be a code name for a mind control (truth serums) drug.

Biological/Chemical warfare next?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKULTRA

The drug might not be reliable as well based on ...

"reliability disputable"

Interesting! It get me to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_cryptonym CIA cryptonyms. They use cryptonyms similar to SDDUSTER, LCIGNITE.

LCFLUTTER: Polygraph, sometimes supplanted by truth drugs:Sodium Amytal (amobarbital), Sodium Pentothal (thiopental), and Seconal (secobarbital) to induce regression in the subject.
It's similar to LCIGNITE (LCIGNITE=drugs ?). They get this map from SDDUSTER (men) via drugs?? Edited by BoboCZ

C'mon BIS can we have a slight hint of what this map means...

Interesting! It get me to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_cryptonym CIA cryptonyms. They use cryptonyms similar to SDDUSTER, LCIGNITE.

It's similar to LCIGNITE (LCIGNITE=drugs ?). They get this map from SDDUSTER (men) via drugs??

Nice find. This extract is from that page:

MK: Projects sponsored by the CIA's Technical Services Division (1950s/1960s)

Perhaps this is relevant.

EDIT: AND LC IS CHINA!

It's similar to LCIGNITE (LCIGNITE=drugs ?). They get this map from SDDUSTER (men) via drugs??

I found some interesting stuff there...

LC: China

SD: Iran

;1913211']EDIT: AND LC IS CHINA!

Yup. The plot thickens yet again. :eek:

when can we expect the new hack? isnt it coming today?

my first thought was outerra engine + europe map ... but that must be impossible because no one would like to model berlin or paris with fps quality i guess :j:

Mind control research. MKULTRA means MK (code for scientific projects) and ULTRA (top classification reference, re: ULTRA code breaking in World War II. Renamed MKSEARCH in 1964

when can we expect the new hack? isnt it coming today?

Tonight at midnight, CEST, so in just over 13 hours, as of this post.

interesting...

so (Iran)duster via (China)Ignite (07/06/02), (CIA Project) Search run 5?

and (Iran)ream ?

Need a hack alarm so I can catch the page change... :bounce3:

And MKSEARCH: MKULTRA after 1964, mind control research

Interesting...

Wow, very nice find!

from the wiki page : each acronym begins with a 2 letter "digraph" designation, then the object itself

SD : Iran

LC : China

MK : CIA sponsored project

MKSEARCH is prolly some recon/research CIA operative work

SDREAM, SDDUSTER : Iran related

LCIGNITE : China related

EDIT : by the time I write this, I'm like the 10th having done this work :p

My thoughts exactly. It would have been much more authentic if it had been written in czech.

I still think it's an intelligence report, since it says something about disputed reliability at the bottom, which would make it seem like an intelligence report on a planned invasion, prepared e.g. by the CIA for the Joint Chiefs of Staff or NATO to counteract. That would make sense with the language too.

As I said, sleeper agents to be awoken at the needed point in time. China main antagonist, CIA is at the forefront of our struggle against the third world in the real life; the map can be attributed to their analysis of a projected scenario.

P.S. A CIA report for "Joint Chiefs of Staff": the former doesn't answer to any military structure; did you know that the Seal Team 6 op on May 1st was a CIA mission? That's a bit off-topic.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

I still think it's an intelligence report, since it says something about disputed reliability at the bottom, which would make it seem like an intelligence report on a planned invasion, prepared e.g. by the CIA for the Joint Chiefs of Staff or NATO to counteract. That would make sense with the language too.

Good point.

Again, it's fictional. It used the BIS font, so they did it. Maybe they're using some half fictional or even real stuff, but it's still made by BIS.

If these terms like SDDUSTER and LCIGNITE point to CIA, PMC's team leader Mark Reynolds aka Stranger was a CIA operative and according to his profile supplied some of the intel for the Marines' invasion of Chernarus.

Hey guys as much as I want to believe this is new DLC content, but i remember a couple

of months ago the whole take on helicopters excitement.

I feel we are been led down the same path, I personally feel this is something to do with carrier command

DF

Again, it's fictional. It used the BIS font, so they did it. Maybe they're using some half fictional or even real stuff, but it's still made by BIS.

Of course, we're talking purely fictional here. After all, there's no Chernarus nor Takistan in reality either... It's an ARG, you know ;)

It is. Doesn't make the campaign any less exciting, besides certain Agencies may insert documents of interest to be disseminated in the public psyche, with names & dates changed, of course, but the bulk of the idea stays intact.

Take the Lone Gunman movie (1996) for an example. :):cc:

ntpTuOpnt70

z3WW6eoLcLI

Brilliance!

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin