Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Christ! Woke up and now this thread is 126 pages long and viewed 114679 times!!!

Some real sh*t is happening... so what did i missed?

And now this.

Anyone got a translation for the billboard?

http://www.aan-online.com/en/news/5-world/32-continued-digital-attack.html

Also curious, I don't recognize the specific location on Chenaurus

Krasnostav

It means something about supporting or voting for the Chedaki or something.

If you want to know why that image is important:

There are numbers hidden very lightly in the picture and when you connect them in order they look like a submarine. Additionally, the letters A-S-T-U-T-E are hidden in the picture as well. HMS Astute being a submarine in the UK and Astute being a submarine class in the UK.

What you missed. Look at what I wrote above this line. Additionally, there is a map of Europe with some military symbols on it that was "found at the location" given in the hint that was given us on the first day. I don't have a link but its back in the past 40 pages or so. Edit: Found the link for you: http://unuldor.ic.cz/arma/a.jpg

Edited by Jakerod

An invasion of Europe? Wow... awesome.

Did the swiss knife came as a souvenir ? :)

I say :

chinese army

Naval combat (light)

Updated tchernarus map

horse simulation

new soldier woman lea

More tchk and baf soldier

New campaign 3 hours

BIS come back with codemaster

Shit leon buyed BIS

ALL FREE !!! (ah no they come back with codemaster :D)

Edited by Dalia

Well I know where that area is but I dont think it has anything to do with anything? Maybe there is something in the buildings or something. The area is Krasnostav. Anyways...

th_A2_Area_Krasnostav.jpg

BIS have gone to considerable effort to do this. To put us all through this, for a different game genre (like a sub-sim) doesn't make sense, so I think it's about the ArmA series.

• The map to me, looks like a simulation run against an invasion, or World War 3.
  • I think markers are pointing to locations, not indicating paths.
  • This is what Phase 5 looks like.
  • Russia and Ukraine is on the map, but not included in the plan? Hmmm

Maybe it's a communist thing where Russia/China are invading Europe, this is projected report on remaining forces after initial attacks.

"The world will change" to me, means nuclear attack or WW3 (probably bit of both)

Edited by Freeborne

Phase 5 = 5th product lineup for ARMAverse? If we don't count reinforcement...

1. Arma2

2. OA

3. BAF

4. PMC

5. Phase 5

Also note that the most arrows are pointing from sea to land, does looks like a sea based invasion to me.

Edited by Muahaha

Are there nuclear sites pointed on the map? Im not from Europe, but sifting through some of those arrows locations seem to point to nuclear power plants?

So,

Persian Black Hats Boys know that we (Marines/USA I'm assuming) found Spukayev's files somehow. They also knew that he buried the note under his house, something that showed invasion plans. "The World Will Change!" was obviously written by Supkayev himself, he must've known something important because if you recall the Russians wanted him dead and were also prepared to kill 'anyone impersonating Americans', which seems more like it means they were trying to find and kill off Razor team. The sign in the picture has been there and the screenshot isn't new, it is just slightly altered to appear darker. However it sort of points to something pro ChDKZ, maybe suggesting that the Iranians were pro-ChDKZ? It wouldn't explain why we were pointed in the direction of the map though assuming they were seeing everyone on the forum as a member of the USMC in game.

A thought on ASTUTE...if I recall correctly from EW, the very end shows Utes...maybe ASTUTE means AT UTES instead, and the roman numerals are meant to trace the island instead of a submarine? The whole underground aspect would make sense if there were a bunker or something on Utes protecting your character and the Russians from the fallout or something. I haven't given any of it a go myself but the thought did just come to mind..

Could the reason that Russia or certain notable nations are not included on the map is because it is the fifth part of an operation, and the conflict has advanced from their. Just a thought

What about, if this map doesn't show attack plans but a retreating plan?
an bis agent... Take him down!!! :d :d

Has anyone noticed this? Maybe it's not an invasion...:confused:

BIS have gone to considerable effort to do this. To put us all through this, for a different game genre (like a sub-sim) doesn't make sense, so I think it's about the ArmA series.

Well, IDK. What's the submarine about? Subs making a prominent appearance in arma would be a little out of place imo, I mean, there's boats and jets too, but they aren't simulated with a high degree of fidelity because arma is at the end of the day an infantry sim. What really wouldnt make sense would be a submarine-centric addition to arma, imo.

Though, the submarine thing might be completely unrelated... But it seems weird to both spell it out and draw a picture of it, if it's unrelated.

Maybe it's a communist thing where Russia/China are invading Europe, this is projected report on remaining forces after initial attacks.

"The world will change" to me, means nuclear attack or WW3 (probably bit of both)

That as a "storyline" (chinese/russian super improbable military alliance) is a little bit childish and I kind of think bohemia are better than that... Even during the cold war there were tensions between russia and china, and they showed no signs of banding together to invade europe. Bohemia would do something more believable.

A thought on ASTUTE...if I recall correctly from EW, the very end shows Utes...maybe ASTUTE means AT UTES instead, and the roman numerals are meant to trace the island instead of a submarine? The whole underground aspect would make sense if there were a bunker or something on Utes protecting your character and the Russians from the fallout or something. I haven't given any of it a go myself but the thought did just come to mind..

Actually an interesting thought... But it doesn't match the shape of utes.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Utes

It's pretty unmistakably a nuclear sub...

Are there nuclear sites pointed on the map? Im not from Europe, but sifting through some of those arrows locations seem to point to nuclear power plants?

The arrows seems to represent the type of assault that will take place,

31,32,33 (land assault?) seems to be coming from turkey or that part of the world assaulting sloviania, greece and belgium.

12 Nav (sea based assault?)is assaulting Sardenia and southern france

5 Nav is assaulting Palma island of Spain and Spain itself

97 Nav is assaulting Iceland

91 Nav is assaulting Scotland and it's island

17 AB (airborne?) is assaulting Italy or Switzerland

That my take of it anyway....

I have a feeling China won't be let go of though,

they were the main topic at the end of the campaign for PMC because of supplying Takistan with a nuclear bomb.

This would lead me to believe they're the main antagonist, while if you remember correctly also Russia was working cooperatively with NATO in the occupation of Takistan in 2012, so I doubt they'd be so quick to invade Europe.

Maybe the map holds no relevance, it's just trying to hint that there'll be some sort of large invasion and that 'the world will change'

Edited by stupidwhitekid75

I have a feeling China won't be let go of though, they were the main topic at the end of the campaign for PMC because of supplying Takistan with a nuclear bomb. This would lead me to believe they're the main antagonist, while if you remember correctly also Russia was working cooperatively with NATO in the occupation of Takistan in 2012, so I doubt they'd be so quick to invade Europe.

Maybe the map holds no relevance, it's just trying to hint that there'll be some sort of large invasion and that 'the world will change'

true, but this hack started with the Persians hackers, it is possible that the invasion force here is originating from middle east instead, unless the Chinese pretended to be Persians. Or the Persians pretended to be Chinese to provide the nuke to Takistan...

I am confused....:j:

My bad...

Edited by Muahaha

Well, IDK.... arma is at the end of the day an infantry sim.

If VBS is incorporating more maritime simulations into it's product, I think it's very likely to see some of this flow on to the ArmA series. This seems more likely then building a completely new game and then advertising it to all the ArmA players while using ArmA content as part of a big treasure hunt.

(chinese/russian super improbable military alliance)

"/" represents OR

"," represents AND

China, ...or... Russia.

I said Chinese because red star made me think of China. Russia, because they're not included in the map and have been in OFP, ArmA 1 and 2.

PMC campaign spoiler

I have a feeling China won't be let go of though, they were the main topic at the end of the campaign for PMC because of supplying Takistan with a nuclear bomb.
Interesting. Never played PMC.
Edited by Freeborne

Not everyone (me included) has played PMC guys use spoiler tags please.

QUOTE]1. Arma2

2. OA

3. BAF

4. PMC

5. Phase 5

Methinks he's right-

It will probably be the 5th product in the Arma 2 line. (reinforcemente is BAF+PMC so it doesn't count)

If the HMS Astute means the we will have better maritime warfare simulations I hope we get something related to what was shown in a document I saw in VSB homepage.

It was a pdf that spoke about plans for having better simulations for naval warfare.

EDIT: Got the link, and I must say that if they are going to add to Arma 2 some of this I will get utes-ly addicted to the arma series without any hope of desintoxication

http://distribution.bisimulations.com/docs/VBS2_Maritime_Discussion_Paper.pdf

The other alternative is underground simulations. In VBS2 it will be available from 1.50 (launched next week BTW) as it says here:

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=a26fbe53f68fee4dde9f902b7&id=59a3396663

Edited by mankyle
Adding a link

ummm.... maybe it has something to do back in 09, with the chedaki. consitering that it was still buried from the defecters report. Maybe the chedaki where gonna start buying or creating subs and launching missiles at europe. while iran or something moved in from the middle east? and the billboard, it had something to do with the chedaki?

I still think that its russian who play the antagonist, they will, however, try to drag china into the water as the smoke screen to cover their ture intention, we here in china are just too busy earning billions of dollars by selling US and EU lead poisoned toys, copycat products and fake eggs:p

http://www.theofpfaq.ashnav.co.il/misc/realislands.htm

some of the arrows pointing in the / near the direction of the old ofp islands

(in reallife)

Tenerife is a bit further but spain.

so mybe a it has something to do with it, or not ;)

do you remember more islands from ofp / arma / arma2 lokated in realworld ??

OFP's Kolgugev and Tenerife

OFP's Everon and Krk

OFP's Malden and Levkas

OFP's Desert Island and Meganissi (East of Levkas)

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

found more in a link from above:

THE WORLD WILL CHANGE !!! 500km x 500km

Terrain Paging

This is by far our most ambitious development project, as it will remove all current terrain limitations (summarized in our VBS2 Whitepaper on page 40) and allow much larger terrains at higher resolutions. This work is being completed in three phases, with up to 500km x 500km terrains available in VBS2 v1.50 (scheduled for a May 2011 release), multi-resolution terrains in late 2011 and full terrain paging in early 2012.

We already have some of this capability in-game, for example, the following is an image of our test “Rocky Mountains†terrain, which is 160km x 160km with a 10m grid spacing.

maybe such stuff, or maybe really an arma3 ;)

greetz

masty

Edited by themaster303