Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Also, is that blood on the top left corner ? Someone else really paid for this.

cj

NAH...just rust from the case ;)

...i am really shutting now my

PC down xD

Good point about the NATO/rectangle thing. It could be a counter-attack then. Turkey is part of NATO. 17th Airborne could've been encircled in Switzerland during the initial attack. It could be in response to a soviet/russian invasion. Perhaps 4th Naval is meant to cut the supply lines and that is why they just chop right through to the Baltic. Maybe they just do a scorched earth policy.

I just noticed the 07/06/02 so it must be modern day then right? Or perhaps it is a counter-attack taking place 10-20 years after a Soviet invasion in the 80s?

There is also the possibility that the symbols are not meant to be NATO. BI has gotten things wrong in the past (no offense). I would think that they would've known though based on their High Command symbols. But maybe someone didn't tell the guy making the map.

This is a long shot, but the book "Planning the Unthinkable: Czechoslovak War Plans, 1950-1990" perhaps?

Source: Telegraph.co.uk (Soviet plan for WW3 nuclear attack unearthed) and PHP.isn.ethz.ch (Publications)

Ref.: WWIII, Prague, Czech Rep., Czechoslovakia, invasion plans, nuclear attack, Soviet Union.

I tried to find a PDF version of this book (both Czech and English version) but without luck.

Mistaken.

Edited by colossus

This is a long shot, but the book "Planning the Unthinkable: Czechoslovak War Plans, 1950-1990" perhaps?

Source: Telegraph.co.uk (Soviet plan for WW3 nuclear attack unearthed)

Ref.: WWIII, Prague, Czech Rep., Czechoslovakia, invasion plans, nuclear attack, Soviet Union.

I tried to find a PDF version of this book (both Czech and English version) but without luck.

The map can't be from there. The borders seem to be modern. Yugoslavia is not what it used to be back then and Czechoslovakia is split into the CZR and SLV.

A failure on my side there. Like I said, a long shot. :blush:

A failure on my side there. Like I said, a long shot. :blush:

It was a good thought and I enjoyed reading the page. It was a bit far fetched of a plan by them (if you read it).

Could be the Armaverse Iranians. How they plan on making naval landings all over Europe or penetrate to France, let alone get through Turkey... :)

I think counter-attack theory sounds reasonable...since it's Phrase 5 of the operation.

Well, good night, i'm off to bed. Gonna be dreaming nightmares about nuclear world war wich will be in near future on armaverse.

P.S. nukes are enough for me.

Myke;1912859']Can some of the Admins please replace Unuldor's "Private First Class" with "Forum Hero"' date=' please?[/quote']

Either that or make him into a named character for the next DLC/release/whatnot! I believe a Force Recon teamleader was suggested.

-k

large scale European operation would be awesome.

Cheers Unuldor for going to check the hole it was more useful and interesting than i ever thought.

Fooking hell i pop out(albeit on the piss) for 4 hrs and 50+ pages added! :eek:

Now at the risk of getting my nuts chewed? :D

Someone posted pages ago that maybe UnuldorCZ is a bis employee?

The guy treks 5 odd hrs round trip to the location, when we're all hanging on this thread!

Then when he gets back he posts "hey i'm back,there was something there" ???

I mean i'd be like,fucking omgzzzz,guys really there was -and you wont believe me,but fook me thers something there i found"???????

If im wrong then UnuldorCZ you do deserve Hero status! :cool:

Thank you for your effort to retrieve the map.

I belive no harm will come from leaving the map behind, as the most important details seem to be visible on the photo.

Speaking in Anagrams again:

SDDUSTER -> "Duds Rest" - possibly locations of dud missiles to recover?

LCIGNITE -> "Ice Glint" - name of some operation? Reference to frozen ocean? Submarine operations?

MKSEARCH -> ???, maybe "Hack Rems" ? - something to do with the hacking? Have no idea on this one really.

SDREAM -> "Dreams"?

Going to loctions indicated by the map is pretty much pointless at this moment since the locations are too general - but possibly some reference to general area? Anybody living in the countries to which arrows point have any idea what Cold War, or warfare related might be in there?

Arrow pointing to Poland points to location of Borne Sulinowo, a place belived to host nuclear arsenal during Cold War.

Arrow pointing to Scotland is told by one of the users to point to torpedo testing grounds (HMS "Astute"?)

The upcoming "hack" might reveal something that will connect the dots, but i wouldnt stop on analyzing data that is already there - i have strong feeling there is more to 2nd "hack" that we have discovered - i feel like "ASTUTE" + sub outline is pretty weak.

Someone posted pages ago that maybe UnuldorCZ is a bis employee?

The guy treks 5 odd hrs round trip to the location, when we're all hanging on this thread!

Then when he gets back he posts "hey i'm back,there was something there" ???

I mean i'd be like,fucking omgzzzz,guys really there was -and you wont believe me,but fook me thers something there i found"???????

Well a puzzle without speculation isn't a puzzle, especially in these circumstances. :D You gotta admit that no matter from which angle you looked at this at the time, it did seem a bit suspicious.

If im wrong then UnuldorCZ you do deserve Hero status! :cool:

I can't argue with you there, the guy really is a legit good bloke :cheers: Cheers UnuldorCZ

Anyway, bed time now lazy2.gif

Edited by -Martin-

I took the liberty to flip it and resize the picture of the paper. I got tired of tilting my head :p, so here it is A.jpg. Hope it's not too small.

It looks like a map was scanned from the newspaper or something....don't you think so? Check the right border

No newspaper is 613 pages long though. A newpaper would also probably try to minimize the amount of space used, so all the text around the picture is more or less worthless for a newspaper article.

Speaking of which, it seems it's printed on a big laser printer, like something you find on a library or an office. It's the repeating lines going horizontal with the short end of the paper (right to left),

seem to be compatible with the way office printers works. Home printers (inkjet) prints A4, or any other paper, mostly vertically. Top to buttom.

Still can't find what book this is from though. Globalsecurity.org doesn't help much either. :-/

Interesting turn of events! Can't wait for the next lead :D

I have been enjoying this thread all day (and night) :)

Awesome work UnuldorCZ! You sir, are a true European Hero.

Am I the only one noticing that the found document does not have filing holes?

A 600+ pages essay and NO filing holes? I know it appears to be a photocopy of a page, but still the filing holes should be visible on a photo-copied version.

Damn... this is where a proper doomsday plan for taking over the world starts cracking. Lazy office staff not properly filing stuff. No wonder James Bond always wins.

-.-

I took the liberty to flip it and resize the picture of the paper. I got tired of tilting my head :p, so here it is A.jpg. Hope it's not too small.

No newspaper is 613 pages long though. A newpaper would also probably try to minimize the amount of space used, so all the text around the picture is more or less worthless for a newspaper article. :-/

Ah, yea you're right..Sorry, forgot about the text and page number..

But anyways it isnt a simple paper...

Am I the only one noticing that the found document does not have filing holes?

A 600+ pages essay and NO filing holes? I know it appears to be a photocopy of a page, but still the filing holes should be visible on a photo-copied version.

Damn... this is where a proper doomsday plan for taking over the world starts cracking. Lazy office staff not properly filing stuff. No wonder James Bond always wins.

-.-

Left upper corner of the document, stapler holes. If the scan is from the book you wont see any holes...Anyways it was photoshoped for us

Edited by Yegor

Jesus christ...

Seriously, I like the "real world" news style in the campaigns. But I just realized fuckin BIS have a WEBSITE for that?!

And they do this hack thing just as a PR action?

Jesus christ, I just cant find any words for that.

Just give out some info and continue spitting out beta patches & fixes & try to make the game actually playable with 50+ player, thanks.

I mean - the admin does not even have a playercount in the server control GUI, what the f***...

There seems to be something about where the arrows point.

First of all - i dont think its movement of armies - the distances are too great.

The arrows seem to be consistant with nuclear arsenals in europe:

NAV - would be naval launched missiles?

AB - Airborne, plane dropped?

Unmarked - Ground launched missiles?

33 Izmir AFB, Turkey USA nuclear arsenal host -> Lubljana, Slovenija EU, unknown location

32 Akinci AFB, Turkey USA nuclear arsenal host -> Belgium, ~Burges EU, unknown location (Belgium hosted USA nuclear arsenal)

31 Incirlik AFB, Turkey USA nuclear arsenal host -> Greece EU, Araxos AFB, host to USA nuclear arsenal

97 NAV, unknown, unknown -> Iceland, Reykjkavik, Large port

91 NAV, unknown, unknown -> 1. Scotland, torpedo testing grounds 2. Shetland, possibly nuclear host base?

5 NAV, unknown, unknown -> 1. Spain, Mallorca, Palma related to Broken Arrow incident on January 17, 1966? 2. Spain, Logrono, ?,

4 NAV, unknown, unknown -> Poland, Borne Sulinowo USSR nuclear arsenal host

12 NAV, unknown, unknown -> 1. Italy, Sardegna, ? 2. France, Montaunan

It looks like whoever made that map, did his research :eek:

Anyway - this map seems to be consistant with some kind of Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) plan.

Edited by TeamLandowar

Why would you only nuke those places though? I mean maybe there are more nukes than that but why only show those then? It wouldn't be one commander responsible for those things or anything like that. It looks more like troop movements to me although I do find some distances to be a little extreme. There is also the question of why would the US nuke France from Turkey?

If the scan is from the book you wont see any holes...

If it were taken from a book, we'd see darker areas to the left side of the page. :rolleyes: