Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

I'm 99% sure that they get some inspiration from the RV engine, because the first time I saw videos from their engine I thought that BIS was developing it, but it may be because both engines share the same "environment" and idea. Outrerra is Slovakian if I'm not mistaken so it has that Czechoslovak feeling to it like RV, I don't know how to explain it.

EDIT:

That too

BIS made no secret that they personally know Outerra guys, and also repeatedly denied using their engine for further Arma development. Seriously, I don't understand how anyone could think that an engine developed for over 10 can all of a sudden be dropped in favor of another. I mean comeon OPF->Arma 2 shown that RV engine is capable of great leaps of advancement.

EDIT: I'm pretty certain the outterra guys were inspired by BIS and I wouldn't be surprised if their core team are big arma fans and troll this forum, thus know about this thread and the outtera thread as well, so Im not at all surprised to see them commenting about it in youtube. I dont think there is a conspiracy theory brewing there :)

Edited by Soul_Assassin

I have opened the Pandora's box. :( That's why I didn't want to speculate further on the issue, but Take On Copters caught my eye.

Awaiting SitRep from recon team at 1600 hrs. :cc:

BIS made no secret that they personally know Outerra guys, and also repeatedly denied using their engine for further Arma development. Seriously, I don't understand how anyone could think that an engine developed for over 10 can all of a sudden be dropped in favor of another. I mean comeon OPF->Arma 2 shown that RV engine is capable of great leaps of advancement.

Well perhaps no 'normal' developer would do something like that...

Exactly, and besides, I don't really see any reason why BIS would all of a sudden drop this engine when its much easier and faster for them to update their own RV engine. It also doesn't make sense because the community would have to learn how things are done in a whole new engine to make addons.

I'm pretty sure we will be looking at engine updates but not a different engine.

Well perhaps no 'normal' developer would do something like that...

No, that just won't happen, it is the bottom line, however I will go far enough to say, that BI really have to improve their terrian render system to fulfill the increasing demanding needs of the community.

The real nail in the coffin for the Outerra theory is RTT (render-to-texture), which they are adding in ToH, but have also hinted that it could be back-ported to Arma2. If ToH was being developed on a completely different engine, that wouldn't be possible.

Also:

This project is certainly closer to the arma engine and family than other ongoing developments, (...)
Edited by MadDogX

Exactly, and besides, I don't really see any reason why BIS would all of a sudden drop this engine when its much easier and faster for them to update their own RV engine. It also doesn't make sense because the community would have to learn how things are done in a whole new engine to make addons.

I'm pretty sure we will be looking at engine updates but not a different engine.

Aha, synthesis of truth, this is probably the closest we've ever reached. With competition brewing, a major update will probably be done.

Aha, synthesis of truth, this is probably the closest we've ever reached. With competition brewing, a major update will probably be done.

I agree tbf, I think that the new tech that has been developed for TOH will hopefully mean an engine update for us! :D

propably they will still use the old engine in future, but thinking of all the bugs and problems in the engine wich are present scince ofp, a new start from scratch wouldnt be the worst idea.

and if its not bohemia who will use this fantastic engine for a simulation, another developer will do and bohemia might miss alot of new customers.

Isn't it rather a new campaign with a confidential (for now) new plot?

Hey dudes, now you're really drifting off topic with all that "new enginge" talk. :)

propably they will still use the old engine in future, but thinking of all the bugs and problems in the engine wich are present scince ofp, a new start from scratch wouldnt be the worst idea.

and if its not bohemia who will use this fantastic engine for a simulation, another developer will do and bohemia might miss alot of new customers.

Again, a new start from scratch doesn't mean that they have to use a completely totally different engine, just like when they did when they change from old OFP to ARMA 1, they just have to rewrite it with their understanding of the old engine.

Hey dudes, now you're really drifting off topic with all that "new enginge" talk. :)

True dat. I say we keep the engine discussion to the suggestions forum and get back to topic. :)

True dat. I say we keep the engine discussion to the suggestions forum and get back to topic. :)

LOL, just waiting for the AAR of the recce mission.

When is this expected again? How long from now?

I just check the suggestion forum, and the engine thread just add in some "interesting" stuff, hummmmm.....:rolleyes:

Instead try to figure out what's up with the numbers in the picture from the 2nd "hack". That's more effective and will lead us somewhere. :)

Instead try to figure out what's up with the numbers in the picture from the 2nd "hack". That's more effective and will lead us somewhere. :)

We already figured that out and by we I mean people other than me.

When is this expected again? How long from now?

Last post,

Well guys, rigth now im ending all the work and turning off my PC... just need some time to prep for the trip. :)

ill report back ASAP

13:05 GMT. He said 2 hours to make the trip (one way?).

I believe the poster says "choose Chernarussian Red Star Movement" in Czech, so maybe find the location on the map from the first clue while playing as chedaki?:confused:

I do hope this dosen't end like BIS' April fool did though, and is actually something signifigant to ArmA II. Either way, BIS' sense of humour is intriguing....

We already figured that out and by we I mean people other than me.

Can you then please give me the meaning of the numbers? I mean other than that submarine!?

13:05 GMT. He said 2 hours to make the trip (one way?).

Probably one way, Czech roads aren't the fastest, but I think he may already be heading back home now. (I hope so, I can't wait to hear what he found)

I believe the poster says "choose Chernarussian Red Star Movement" in Czech, so maybe find the location on the map from the first clue while playing as chedaki?:confused:

I do hope this dosen't end like BIS' April fool did though, and is actually something signifigant to ArmA II. Either way, BIS' sense of humour is intriguing....

What? You don't like a realistic SimCopter?:eek: