Sign in to follow this  
pwnage_51

Bin Laden Is Dead

Good riddance.

From Reuters:

Bin Laden and three adult men, including a son of bin Laden, were killed along with a woman who was used as a shield by a male combatant, officials said.

About sums up the organization and cause as a whole. Cowards who let women, children and handicapped people do their fighting for them.

Major Questions for the Pakistan ISI

It provides answers rather than questions imo. It's been a public secret for years that they were harboring him, and now the Pakistani government and ISI have finally been uncovered as a regime that is actively supporting terrorism. Twice an operation to capture/kill him failed, because the Pakistanis were informed, with the trail being just hours old. Now they weren't informed, and they got him, living in what is likely one of the most closely guarded, supervised areas of Pakistan, with hundreds of current and former service members living in the direct surroundings, in a villa that is at least 5 times as big as any of the other houses, completely cut off from the world around it and with maximum security, just a few hundred meters from Pakistani armed forces installations.

The funny thing I notice is that all major media have somehow managed to keep mixing "Osama" and "Obama" together. LOL :D

Hi all

Wikipedia page on the Pakistan Military college

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_Military_Academy

Links to various satelite views and maps of the area:

http://toolserver.org/~geohack/geohack.php?pagename=Abbottabad&params=34_10_50_N_73_15_00_E_

Better picture

The Terraserver satelite image appears to be more recent and more detailed:

http://www.terraserver.com/view.asp?cx=73.25&cy=34.180556&proj=4326&mpp=2.5&pic=img

It shows additional buildings and more mature vegitation.

Kind Regards Walker

Edited by walker

Doesn't look like something an amateur would design.

70yquo.jpg

2ngd15j.jpg

@JdB

That house infographic sure seems very detailed when just a few hours ago noone even knew which house it was :S

I can already see someone remaking that in ArmA2, honestly i'd like to see one done.

The news said "modified MH-60," and they blew it up on the ground, so maybe the tail went flying.

Well some news say its an MH-53J Pave Low, makes sense if you compear the werck of the tail to the high wall.

But since its Navy Seal I personally think that MH-53E Sea Stallion should be more accrate

Edited by 4 IN 1

Hi all

With it being SEALS I would suspect a Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk variant. The Blue Colouring seems to agree with that.

Kind Regards walker

Well some news say its an MH-53J Pave Low, makes sense if you compear the werck of the tail to the high wall.

But since its Navy Seal I personally think that Sea Stallion should be more accrate

Look at a pavelow on Google Images. Totally different tail, with only one elevator(?) on the top. Unless the Sea Stallion is different.

@JdB

That house infographic sure seems very detailed when just a few hours ago noone even knew which house it was :S

The house had been under surveillance for a few months, so I'm sure they already knew the details of the building, and it wouldn't take an experienced artist too long to make that in CAD.

Hi all

I am tending toward the HH-60H that is the SEAL's prefered helicopter of that family.

Kind Regards walker

Wouldn't it be more logical for this kind of sensitive operation if the helicopters were dedicated SF assets, of 160th SOAR?

That would make it either an MH-60K or MH-60L.

What do you guys think? Did they come in from a carrier or from Afghanistan? The location to me suggests Afghanistan since it seems a lot closer but there might've been other factors.

That tail cant be H-60 Hawks , you can notice the tail rotor on left side , which hawks have on right side - i think its special navy variant of MH-53

Wouldn't it be more logical for this kind of sensitive operation if the helicopters were dedicated SF assets, of 160th SOAR?

That would make it either an MH-60K or MH-60L.

Hi JDB

The BlueGrey Sea colouring and the fact that it was the SEALS leads me to believe they would use the assets they were used to using. Also the body was taken out to a navy asset and burried at sea. It is advisable to use a Naval helicopter at sea.

http://www.americanspecialops.com/photos/navy-seals/navy-seals-fast-rope.php

My thoughts are that they may well have ingressed from the sea possibly via an aproved logistics air corridor then either diverted or dipped back out of Afghanistan.

I presume the SEALS were used to ensure total OPSEC and did not enter either Afghanistan or Pakistan until the operation. I also wonder whether the Apaches were in fact AH1Zs

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

There's nothing so special about the Navy Seals that they would completely redesign the MH-53's tail. Look at a picture.

Just watched an interview with a very media-friendly Navy Seal. He said they knew Osama was there because "trash is wantonly disseminated very widely over that region."

rofl

Did he get tongue-tied or is he making some veiled joke about messy streets.

Edited by maturin

None of the helicopters mentioned in this thread so far have horizontal stabilizers like those shown in the picture. Maybe we should use the information we already have - you know, like the visual information in the picture - to ascertain candidates for the helicopter in question, instead of using fantasy + logic to create a vivid picture of nothing.

Either way, the media is saying anything that comes into their heads.

In the same article, AP just said insertion was by fast-rope from Chinook, then they said Blackhawks ferried people into the compound.

It certainly would have been more discreet to use a Pakistanese Army helicopter. Moreover they blew it away after its failure.

It certainly would have been more discreet to use a Pakistanese Army helicopter. Moreover they blew it away after its failure.

This was never about being discreet. They didn't want the Pakistanis taking credit for this, especially not seeing as how obvious the links between Al-Qaeda and the Pakistani government + ISI are, and how often the US has criticized them. It had to be an unmistakeably American operation.

Hi all

I think this shows how this kind of operation was practiced for:

pc8XxzswlW4

Kind Regards walker