Sign in to follow this  
Yapab

PMC: Coop Campaign broken save (resume) and other issues...

Hi,

After a while away from ARMA2 me and a friend decided to get BAF and PMC (specifically PMC for the coop).

We are very very disappointed with the quality of the product after ARMA2 has been out for over a year.

We finished the ARMA2 campaign and loved it, but it was very very buggy.... we thought maybe something would be learnt from that but I guess not much work has been done on COOP gameplay which is advertised.

2 Issues in just the first 4 missions:

1) Save games dont work in COOP for the client.

a) Start mission

b) Play

c) die/fail mission

d) click "resume" (to load the save game)

e) Host game loads and host has AI player companion.

f) Client game is stuck on black "loading" screen with no activity.... game cant be quit or exited, only solution is ALT-F4.

We maged to get up to mission 5 as they were easy and we didnt die once, but I dont think it'll be fun playing larger missions without a save/checkpoint working.

2) Client does not hear or see "cutscenes" or story text (white text) when missions load etc

So far those two issues are totally ruining the experience, not being able to load save game and client not seeing story is bad, he doesnt know what is going on and this kills the atmosphere. I have to read all the talk/chat between the characters to him over mic.

So I'm asking for help on fixing the save issues and possibly the story text issue too.... if not then hopefully BIS will see this and maybe fix it?

Oh and I've posted bug reports before and didnt see them fixed for months (ARMA2 related back a year ago)... not going down that path again.

Thanks,

Yapa

please provide some unable report and savegames to CIT (Community Issue Tracker)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102991

to be honest it's nice you telling us there is problem but completely unusable as report

(especially unable to catch what where to reproduce)

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I want to see if this is a common issue and something that can be easily fixed/adjusted/circumvented to play on.

Next time we play and reload a save, ill save the files requested and do a bug report.... do you need my save game (host) or client files/logs?

everything, all saves, all logs ;) the more the better

I'll see if I can help on this one as well, had the exact same issue playing PMC coop last night, 1st mission auto save loaded, my friend stuck in loading screen and me stuck with an AI companion.

I'll create a ticket and upload my savegame, I don't have a crash report, since that happens on his side, not mine.

* edit

bug report

Edited by Cornstar

Thanks Cornstar, we probably wont play till Tuesday or even weekend (time limited) but will check back and upload our save file etc when we do.

Thanks,

Ok we played some more today and got past the 2nd or 3rd mission by doing a manual save on the HOST computer.

This appeared to work fine with resume.

However on mission 04: Transportation this no longer works, and a new "resume" bug is happening....

Here is a youtube of whats happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZjGCcu6mNk

I have uploaded my (host) save file to the bug report created above by Cornstar...

We have now given up on ARMA coop.. campaign until a serious fix is created for this issue, its just not fun or playable.

oh and check this out:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594684767924466685/7EA2FFC2E42C296917425B83B4BFA0A52F84C968/

Ok just another update to our BUGGY ARMA PMC saga.... in coop.

After finally beating mission 4 without having to reload (1 life) and avoiding the numerious bugs... we are up to mission 5... which is just as buggy.

First of all, save issue is still present which makes this mission very hard on 1 life.

Secondly, none of us has the HEAT scope... so we are basically stuck guessing where the engines are... if we restart the game the heat scope is back but for only 1 round... if we die and revert its gone.

Thirdly, the AI tanks CHEAT and know exactly where the guy with the AS50 is once you fire once. I hit a tank and it tracked me even tho I was behind LAND MASS.... my friend could run up to the tank and stand next to it... it wouldnt attack him.. was fixed on me even though I'm 500meters away behind land. Never saw this kind of cheating AI in ARMA2.

Lastly the game on this mission crashes to the desktop at random times for BOTH of us...

This mission is the final straw, its not possible ti finish it because of the save and crashing bugs... apart from being hard because of the cheating tanks.

Think this will be our last ARMA2 game... which is sad because we do enjoy them since the very first OP Flashpoint back in 2001 I'm pretty sure, still have the original DVD.

Any updates on this issue? We basically have a game we cant play because of this bug...

And now ARMA3 is announced, dont think we'll be buying that if we cant even finish PMC.

Cornstar, have you had ANY luck getting the PMC coop campaign working?

There has been absolutely no feedback on this issue, its preventing us from playing PMC coop campaign....

The damn dev-heaven.net site is down and wont load on the link u gave....

are we excited for ARMA3? HELL NO