Sign in to follow this  
Jan Cepera

"Competition" for OFP 2011

Time has run out. In April 2011 I announced the begin of a "competition" (which was supposed to keep OFP active)

Our Jury ( Jan Cepera, Jiri Smid or Roberto Hrvat ) and our assistant, Sarge, began thorough testing of the competing missions. How we enjoyed playing them is reflectedd in our judgments. As it is, some were better some worse. Nevertheless, see for yourselves.

1. place

Noorb - Five degrees to death (9/10)

(Trailer)

2. Place

PAPA - Partyzánské léto 2 (7+/10)

3. Place

Mr.Moon - Cold day in hell (6+/10)

other Placements

4. Guntirson - Operace Gentleman (5/10)

5. Aldo15 - Operation Jeronimo (4+/10)

(Gameplay)

6. Aldo15 - Operation Fidel (4/10)

7. Bronze Eagle - Vietnam (2/10)

DOWNLOAD and TRY all mission from COMPETITION 2011

we congratulate all the participants and we wish you good luck in OFP mission making

You find more information and links regarding these projects and addons here:

http://cepera.own.cz/?page_id=797

Edited by Jan Cepera
Missing informations

r38426654.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?mwc9a69q1d7lw19

notes:

I have yet to beat this mission, and I made it! The basic premise is there's this jungle area full

of vietcong and your unit is tasked with finding and unknown number of camps in the area by

trailing patrolling enemy squads. It also plays as an mp mission also and is best when played

with ww4 ecp.

requires:

john j rambo vietnam soldiers v3.0

tales of war choctaw

and

JAM 3

THATS IT!!

Edited by BronzeEagle

I'd like to participate in this competition, but I have a stupid question... :/ what must I do?

I didn't understand. I don't know if I'm wrong, but Must I to make a mission so you can test it and after choose the better? or not?

the creator of the competition gave his email if you have any questions.

Edited by BronzeEagle

Hi all here! I will help :) Thank you god somebody smart was thinked very good idea for OFP!

I working on long mission Kosovo War. You will a one kosovo-albanian (AKSH-UCK) soldier called "Muhamed". Your objective is to eliminate serbian soldiers in villages and yugoslavian patrols on island.

INFO

Name="Kosovo War"

Id="01" (My first long mission)

Island="Nogova"

Scripting="Yes"

Side="GUER-AKSH-UCK KOSOVO-ALBANIAN"

Enemyes="Yugoslavian patrols & Serbian paramilitary"

Thx Hammer (Vojtěch Zatloukal) for information about idea.

Started making a campaign for this, but its so big now and addon heavy it might as well be a mod. God knows how Im gonna get it uploaded.

Started making a campaign for this, but its so big now and addon heavy it might as well be a mod. God knows how Im gonna get it uploaded.

Can you tell us campaign story? Ah, I can't now help, I have to finish Area51 mod. And after that I have to make a island called "Area 51" and then I making long Area 51 campaign.

Radical ultra-nationalists in Russia (cliche I know), west taken over by corporate elite. Turns out world is not big enough for the both of em and of course ww3 kicks off.

Set around the nogova island chain the player skips between Russian, American, British and maybe polish and nogovan warriors of various discipline's.

The story itself is thus less personal and more political and "historical" with the only personal elements coming from the protagonist's log in the notes section of the breifing.More then anything its a chance to showcase some of the best and most underused units created by the community.

Saying that the missions Ive made so far are not merely eye candy while they are in no way the best, they are really fun to play and have some great set pieces.

Ok, I'm another question.

Can I make campaign or only SP

Sure, you can create mini campaign ;)

Now Im creating small project to this competiton and this is campaign too ;)

Ah thank you... I'll continue making my campaign, but it's not a mini campign. Well I think :)

My campaign uses so many addons I don't think it can be part of the compo anymore:eek:.

Hey everyone,

Savedbygrace on OFPEC just managed to review my action-comedy OpFlash campaign entitled Everon Vice, scoring a fair and just 7/10. It is using a substantial amount of addons (11, to be exact), so it probably cannot run on the competition, still, I thought I'd share the link with you guys to enjoy another OpFlash creation... :)

sm_ev.jpg

@BronzeEagle

The link to the CodeBlue East & West units in the readme is broken.

I was very interested and motivated to try Code Blue campaign when I saw a new post in this thread. Hopefully, I managed to find required East and West units add-on at ofp.gamepark.cz, doing a simple search 'code blue' or so.

Anyway, a problem pops up in 3rd mission - it says my game is missing some tent_?? add-on, which probably wasn't included in CB units package.

I would describe my first impression about start of the campaign, shouldn't I? Well, unfornately, I didn't see any cutscenes yet and that really makes player to feel playing somethings not worthy of time. Of course, I found this impression wrong. Music in the briefing was a cool idea. It set a great atmosphere to put up at decent fight for Soviets. First 2 missions seemed, to be honest, too simple, disappointed a bit, very short and enemy base design wasn't what I should have expected. I thought it will be more creative, advanced. Not tryting to make people negative, my point is that campaign still needs more polishing in content way, not technically.

I hope my post will help to orientate.

I have almost ten years worth of unfinished OFP missions. I'm sure I can get a couple finished for this competition. :-)

Don't worry my friends. Operation Flashpoint will never die. Long after they release ArmA 25 there will still be veterans of cold war crisis and resistance who will always have room on their hard drive for the original. Those that lived through through those first few years (Campaigns, AddOns, Mods,etc) are bound by the experience almost as strong as real world veterans. LOL

@BronzeEagle

The link to the CodeBlue East & West units in the readme is broken.

use the codebue lsr units in my signature

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

I was very interested and motivated to try Code Blue campaign when I saw a new post in this thread. Hopefully, I managed to find required East and West units add-on at ofp.gamepark.cz, doing a simple search 'code blue' or so.

Anyway, a problem pops up in 3rd mission - it says my game is missing some tent_?? add-on, which probably wasn't included in CB units package.

I would describe my first impression about start of the campaign, shouldn't I? Well, unfornately, I didn't see any cutscenes yet and that really makes player to feel playing somethings not worthy of time. Of course, I found this impression wrong. Music in the briefing was a cool idea. It set a great atmosphere to put up at decent fight for Soviets. First 2 missions seemed, to be honest, too simple, disappointed a bit, very short and enemy base design wasn't what I should have expected. I thought it will be more creative, advanced. Not tryting to make people negative, my point is that campaign still needs more polishing in content way, not technically.

I hope my post will help to orientate.

yeah my mission with codeblue was to focus on enjoying the mission not so much solving the mission. if you want a mission more on the go of solving problems, you should try my vietnam mission. it's a hard nut to crack and its multiplayer so you can enjoy it with your friends. judging me by the codeblue campaign is honestly judging me by my worst work. vietnam is the cream of all my missions, its one hard nut to crack.

r38426654.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?mwc9a69q1d7lw19

notes:

I have yet to beat this mission, and I made it! The basic premise is there's this jungle area full

of vietcong and your unit is tasked with finding and unknown number of camps in the area by

trailing patrolling enemy squads. It also plays as an mp mission also and is best when played

with ww4 ecp.

requires:

john j rambo vietnam soldiers v3.0

tales of war choctaw

and

JAM 3

DON'T HESITATE FROM PLAYING THIS JUST BECAUSE ITS A MISSION, i mean it takes a good chunk of your time to beat. Honestly the work im most excited about noone notices and i post some crappy campaign and everyone wants to post about it....sheesh...

Edited by BronzeEagle

How many addons can a campaign have?

I've analizing, and I discovered you don't like the campaigns and missions with so much addons, and I don't know Why?, but no problem

Can you tell us campaign story? Ah, I can't now help, I have to finish Area51 mod. And after that I have to make a island called "Area 51" and then I making long Area 51 campaign.

Roberto I'll try to think a campaign story for your mod. When I have a free time, I'll start to make it!

My campaign uses so many addons I don't think it can be part of the compo anymore:eek:.

Obviously, if you want your campaign to be at least playable, you gotta be sure that all add-ons you're about to use are downloadable in the internet. If this cannot be achieved, then make a decent pack of content you've used in your creation, share it on free upload trackers like megaupload, gamefront... That would be great and much more comtfortable for a player.

Dear OFP players,

our 10th Anniversary OFP Competition is nearing it's end. Only about 14 days remain, until we start publishing the competing missions on our website. I hereby call upon you to make the final touches on your projects. And for those, who didn't start yet, you still have a fighting chance to quickly make a mission.

Competing mission up till now:

Aldo15 : OPERATION JERONIMO and OPERATION FIDEL

BronzeEagle : VIETNAM MISSION

Noorb : 5 DEGREES TO DEATH

Guntirson : OPERATION GENTLEMAN

PAPA : PARTYZANSKE LETO

Jan Cepera : LIFE STROKE

If you want to join the competitors and show us what you've got, it's high time!

Edited by Jan Cepera

Argh Im gonna miss it lol.

Actually 14 days is plenty of time.

Edited by mrmoon

The last day of editing yours projects ;)

Now we have 7 missions and still waiting on the last. Dont be late! My darlings ;)