Sign in to follow this  
God of Monkeys

How to make C130 Light- GreenForJump! AttachedtoPlane?

Halo, I have a little problem on light.

I want my C130 or any kind of parachute jump planes can have red light to let player know to prepare to jump, and green light to let player know is time to jump out. I find a little problem that is my light working good in night, but it can't work when morning because the green&red light can't see in morning.

I try to change it brightness, but it not work too.

Can any one can help me?

hmmm, the lights are really a bit problematic because they're not rendered at daytime (Also lights from vehicles and so on). You could at least try to make a little object (shouldn't need many polygons or high-res-textures) in green and red, and attach this to the planes interior.

I like your Idea :) *thumbs up*

Thank you SnowSky,but only problem is.....

I don't know how to make object!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone help me?

light1 = "#lightpoint" createVehicleLocal [0,0,0];

light1 setLightBrightness 0.01;

light1 setLightAmbient [0.2,0.2,0.2];

light1 setLightColor [1,0.2,0.2];

light1 lightAttachObject [this,[0,-2.5,-0.8]];

light2 = "#lightpoint" createVehicleLocal [0,0,0];

light2 setLightBrightness 0.01;

light2 setLightAmbient [0.2,0.2,0.2];

light2 setLightColor [1,0.2,0.2];

light2 lightAttachObject [this,[0,1,-0.8]];

is the init for a red light

SnowSky said

hmmm, the lights are really a bit problematic because they're not rendered at daytime
did you not read this? did you try the eample provided or looked at the thread i posted, create your light at night, see it works, now turn the clock more and more towards the day and you will see it decrease until nothing.

you could try and setLightBrightness to 200 or whatever to see if that helps, but the key is try it..

Edited by Demonized

Although the police car may be better, you can achieve the "looks" of a "bulb" (albeit a weird one) using one of the tutorial ball objects the vanilla game offers. Just place it so that only a tiny tiny bit of it is visible from the inside of the plane. It supports setObjectTexture so you can color it whatever you like. I enhanced the tutorial mission with this, but somehow I've deleted them all from my edit space. Bummer, it had some cool features.

Monitor viewmode to turn it invisible when switching to 3rd person view (if allowed). Because of this, the bulb needs to be created using createVehicleLocal.

SnowSky said did you not read this? did you try the eample provided or looked at the thread i posted, create your light at night, see it works, now turn the clock more and more towards the day and you will see it decrease until nothing.

you could try and setLightBrightness to 200 or whatever to see if that helps, but the key is try it..

Have you quoted the wrong message? I wasn't able to see your message of the future with the link (from the past) in the present^^.

Well my idea was like that one with the policecar, a small little object that can be seen during day.

I'll try to make a little object but I'm not good at all, perhaps it would help to get new ideas too.

cheers