Sign in to follow this  
Acidwarrior

What's the matter?

Ok... I'm playing this game from it's release date and i still don't know where i can use that damn laser destinator.:(:(:( is it for Jet planes? Is there any script? I know this is foolish question, but i still want to know that....

ACIDWARRIOR

Search The FAQ for "ltd use". There's a sample mission you can download there.

It's for use in conjunction with A10s mounted with LGBs. The A10s must be grouped together with the LTD soldier in order for it to work.

You use it for guiding the bombs from the A10-LGB.

to try it do the following:

In mission editor (using setviewdistance 2500) find a point where you, as a Blackops (laser) has a free line of sight to another point 1 km away - preferably looking down on that point (northwestern malden has a nice spot on a hilltop with a valley below to the north).

Place a russian Armored platoon on a point down in the valley where u can see them.

Somewhere on the map place a flying A-10 (LGB)(also with setviewdistance 2500 or higher) with the pilot set as playable.

Export to multiplayer missions, talk your best friend into either being the pilot or the Blackops

As a blackop u got to choose the laserdesignator as your weapon, point it at the tanks and "fire it"/paint the tanks which makes a small square appear. The square will be there until u press fire again.

As a pilot u should wait in the distance until the tanks are being painted, then fly directly towards them at a height higher than 200 m. It is important that you select bombs - else you won't be abble to lock on to the targets. You should them press tab and a "laser target" should appear. Aim directly towards it though u shouldn't dive below 200 m when close enough, a double squarearound the target should indicate that it is "firing time", and you

shoul release a bomb or 2... Fly off and wait in the distance for damageassessment form the blackop and himindicating he is painting a new target.

Continue this until you run out of either bombs or targets.