Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.4 is released!

Yeah, I played around with the caching today. Bear in mind Mission Editors, there are 3 Caching modules available and all work differently, so you may find better results using different methods.

Ok so I tried this mission and am a little confused on what we should be doing. We go into towns and the hashing changes to blue and the flag to green. I understand the flag means the population likes us? Are we suppose to converse with the population. They dont respond to anything. Are there caches in the towns. Occasionally a convoy will roll in to get blasted but they are so small not much happens. With the apache you can basically hunt down the convoys and take them out. So Im not sure what the point of the mission is. Also we cant find the PrC119 to be able to call in air assets or medevac. Would love more guidance on how to handle this mission as it looks interesting in concept. Thanks much.

The player guide explains. Like a real life counter insurgency operation in somewhere like Afghanistan, there are no mission objectives handed to you on a plate. You need to go out and patrol, find the enemy - or the terrorists - and then decide what to do about them. Enemy won't necessarily be based in the towns, they could be anywhere. Ultimately, if you can visit all the towns on the map, winning the hearts and minds of the local population by providing security and safety (the green flags you mentioned) and removing any enemy presence you find, you could call it a mission success.

Bear in mind that although it works fine out of the box, MSO is predominantly a mission framework so if you want to add more specific objectives then that's up to a mission editor to provide.

The PRC119 is an ACE addon, and the ACE version of the stock v3.4.3 missions havn't been released yet. You can easily add one by dropping the ACE backpack crate into mission using the editor if you wish.

I'll get around to making ACE versions of 3.4.3 in the next few days.

ah gotcha thank Friz for the response. In the non ACE version can you use air assets? If so how do you call them in.

CAS, CASEVAC etc should just be on your interaction menu along with AARs, JIP Markers etc. It should be fairly self explanatory.

Hi Wolffy.au! thx, for this great release! I want to ask you about cache system. Is it possible to extract this module from you mission to other one?

CEP Caching is Wolffy/Rommel code, so ping them.

Nou Caching and JCache I believe may be available through UnitedOperations.net. Check with those guys.

Tup

Hi could you please confirm that ACRE does not interfere with v3.43 (baf-usa_mso_3-43.takistan.pbo) CAS radio option? Every time I got to call CAS etc I get msg informing me that I must have radio? I do have a radio tho?

Edit: Can definitely confirm that if I turn ACRE off, the options for CAS etc return.

Is the AAF mission the only enabled version of MSO?

Edited by mazza

I was literally blown away with the new changes, the game seems to run MUCH MUCH smoother not sure what magic you guys pulled but it is PERFECT. I only have a few questions regarding those IEDs and VBIED system.

Which units have the ability to detect nearby IEDs and if there's equipment needed what is the name of the equipment? I extracted the PBO and read all those helpful texts but I am not fully comprehending that particular moduel/system

Mazza: ACRE will interfere with vanilla MSO because it changes the default BIS itemRadio for the ACRE PRC 343, which won't be picked up by MSO scripts. ACRE manpack radios will work, but you will need to add the ACRE All Radios Crate in the editor to get them.

MSO is a mission framework, so there are likely to be lots of missions knocking around using it. However, the 'official' release versions are only Chernarus, Takistan and Quom province. ACE versions of these will be release (very) soon (i.e. I've update them, they just need posting on Dev Hev). Hint: ACE versions have a backpack crate with ACE PRC-119 manpack radios, which are compatible with ACRE ;)

Yanhchan: The SR5 IED scripts are by Reezo. You can find the details on his thread here

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

What is caching?!?

'Caching' is an attempt to get around the limitations of the ArmA2 engine, which assigns all AI routines to a single core thus causing a severe impact on performance when running a mission with a lot of AI (like MSO!)

Basically, any AI groups that are >2000m away from a player will be 'cached' into a single unit, thereby reducing CPU load. If a player comes within 2000m again, the group is 'uncached'. The disadvantage is that uncaching is effectively the same as spawning units on the fly, which makes it difficult to apply unit init scripts (such as UPSMON).

There are a number of different approaches to unit caching but it takes people much cleverer than me to figger it out!

Hi — long time reader first time poster.

This mod seems to be exactly what I'm after and from the description sounds intense!

Just wondering If someone could clarify what add ons (if any) is needed for this? I tried to look around and only saw that CBA was needed and I installed that and it still gave errors of missing files etc.

Also would It be possible to host it locally? (think I read earlier that you could be best to get a second opinion)

It different from mission to mission whats needed.

I believ that in the "original" missions you dont need any addons?

But my mission that im editing needs ACE and RH weapons for example.

What mission did you try?

Ahh right I see so like the Benny's ACE and vanilla versions?

Sorry I couldn't say for sure but I think it was these:

baf_mso_3-4.chernarus.pbo

aaw_ace_mso_3-4.chernarus.pbo

gue-pmc_mso_3-4.utes.pbo

Is there a link to vanilla only versions of this mod? Also what kind of things would I be missing out on with playing on vanilla versions?

BAf i think is vanilla.

the AAW version needs the Australia At War and ACE to work properly.

Well the vanilla just dont have ACE in it, and ace is awesome (personal opinion!).

But MSO is just a framework and every mission maker might make is own mission.

Check here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/files

I believe the : baf-usmc_mso_3-43.chernarus.pbo.7z is pure vanilla, played in chernarus with USMC and BAF units only.

Ahh that's great thanks, I will give it a test and report back.

Is there no add ons needed at all then for these version — just to check it's not me going mad If I start trying to figure what It is if something Is missing? :)

Thanks for the help!

To my knowledge baf-usmc_mso_3-43.chernarus.pbo.7z should be vanilla without any mods.

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

To all swedes out here!

Just started experimented with Swedish units and vehicles together with the MSO mod.

Should be a interesting mission! :D

I have tried that mission but seems to give me and error still — screen shot attached.

Not sure what all those things are as I have never modded Arma before but this gamemode seems worth it for me!

errorgh.jpg

well MSO isnt a gamemode, its a mission framework.

For mission makers to build mission of.

Well the pictures shows that you dont have the BAF patch install as far as i can tell.

What version of the game do you run?

is it ArmA2, ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead or Arma2: Combined Operations?

I'm running all of those as I brought them both separately on Steam. But I intend to run it on Arma 2 (if that's possible) as that is what my brother has, so we could co-op it.

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm running this from Arma 2 sorry didn't seem clear enough just! :)

Is there anything that I could do to fix this. Or is there a patch for this issue? Ill try the map on arrowhead now.

I think that is you play Arrowhead update to the latest patch (1.59) the BAF units are included.

How it is with just clean ArmA2 i have no clue.

It might be that its just an Arrowhead patch that gives the BAF units.

As Frosties says, MSO requires Combined Ops (ArmA2 + Op Arrowhead) and CBA to work. I'm afraid if your brother is on ArmA2Free then you will need to look elsewhere for some coop action. At risk of pimping another map in this thread (but it's worth it given how much the guy's done for the community!), a very popular game for this type of thing is Xeno's Domination.

But I strongly enourage your bro to get the full Combined Ops and play MSO, it's an epic game!

Thanks for that Friznit and Frosties. I will have a go on my own and multi! ;) I'll pass on the suggestion to my brother. He's on the paid version of arma 2 so I'll tell him to fork out for OA too.

Thanks again for your time and hope to see you on the battlefield!

EDIT: Works great on OA with CBA installed. Also great work on this the immersion is just what I was after. Viva La MSO.

Edited by Mono